Were the Gangulians wrong for criticizing Chappel's hard working methods?

coverpoint

Once Irfan and Sehwag are back , our standards will improve drastically. Its amazing that even Agarkar dropped that sitter today. He is one safest pair of hands around in world cricket. I have NEVER seen him drop such a catch before. Match fixing ?

Once Irfan and Sehwag are back , our standards will improve drastically. Its amazing that even Agarkar dropped that sitter today. He is one safest pair of hands around in world cricket. I have NEVER seen him drop such a catch before. Match fixing ?
I think Indian team pre-Wright was always lazy.... Now that we dont have a coach they have all gone back to the bad ways. Add to that the team is older and has some of the poor fielders back (SG, Powar, ZK, Munaf). Earlier we always had Kaif ... for the longest time we had Raina ... Uthappa etc to carry the fielding. What we need is going back to making fielding a very big priority in the selection. GC had made that (and thus Ganguly was one of the people targeted to be kicked out). We need to make some tough calls. Kick out some people who may still be ok bats or bowls but are poor fielders. Players like Munaf and SG dont belong on the ODI field

Don't know about Chappell or Ganguly saga but this is by far the worst ever fielding and catching effort I've seen from India ever. Indians weren't such a bad catching team. True they never were athletic or fantastic fielders but most used to hang on to catches. Between 2000 and 2006 Indians used to catch most of it. In fact Indians even outdid Australia in catchgin in Australia in the 2003-04 series in Australia. During this series though the fielding and catching has hit nadir. The catches that were dropped yesterday were an embarassment. Even our club cricketers would hold 9 times out of 10 the ones Agarkar and Ganguly dropped yesterday. If a kid needs an example of how to not catch all he needs to watch are the catches dropped by Agarkar. That was one terrible piece of catching.

I've never seen him catch a blinder. Mostly he is in the fine leg. I can't for some reason remember a single top catch he has taken. Can you remind me of any Sriram?
I've never seen him catch a blinder. Mostly he is in the fine leg. I can't for some reason remember a single top catch he has taken. Can you remind me of any Sriram?
This was a sitter. So basically what this tells me is that the fielders are not even spending the basic amount of required time in the fielding department. This is the issue with our team. They do not believe in putting in the effort. They need task masters like Chappel who force them to do it. Today with the poor standard of fielding being acceptable these guys just have given up working. I think there is a fundamental difference between Indians and others. Indians dont like working out on fitness etc. Would much rather spend an hour in the nets smacking balls without having to run. They only go to the Gym when they absolutely have to. Aussies/Poms/Americans on the other hand enjoy working out. It becomes part of their fun time. There was this statement that SRT made in his interview with Nasser that stood out to me. He said (and I am paraphrasing) that after he retires he is looking forward to NOT going to the gym. Nothing wrong with this per say BUT it shows the attitude of the Indians.
i remember agarkar taking a nice running catch on knees during 1999 world cup.. was running from deep square leg and took a nice catch.. don't know who was the batsman..