C'mon no more bashing today, let's enjoy the victory

TRUE. I agree that Dravid's purple patch may be over but then should we not treat the the two 'chefs' in the same light? I think it applies here that Dravid has been in a 'bad' form since he took over the captaincy. I would suggest that whatever time Dravid has left in the game should be made best use of & that is batting. He is certainly coming way second in the captaincy race.
The pertinent question here then is , who is the new chef ?
TRUE. I agree that Dravid's purple patch may be over but then should we not treat the the two 'chefs' in the same light? I think it applies here that Dravid has been in a 'bad' form since he took over the captaincy. I would suggest that whatever time Dravid has left in the game should be made best use of & that is batting. He is certainly coming way second in the captaincy race.
Bad form ? In test cricket he was doing well up until the South African tour. Since then he has gone downhill. In ODI's he is batting better than he has ever done at any stage of his career. I don't think his batting form has been affected that greatly by captaincy - every captain endures a dip in form. Besides, Dravid is past his peak now. He had 4 seasons at the top and won't ever match those run-scoring feats - the burden of captaincy notwithstanding You keep saying that he is a "piss-poor" captain. Be that as it may, he is the only player in the Indian team that can do the job. Name someone in the current XI who would be a better captain than Dravid ? Let's go through the candidates. Ganguly got his chance and wouldn't take it if he was offered it again, Tendulkar is probably the worst captain in the history of Indian cricket, Kumble is too old and only plays Test cricket (he would have made a great captain) and the rest are just too inexperienced or aren't permanent fixtures in both Test and ODI teams. Dravid is the only one left