TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

I have nothing to offer and if I do it will simply appear like an excuse for a non performance. Am I upset with Tendulkar's dismissal today? Honestly not. I don't consider him one of the those players that will always prevail when going is tough. Such tasks are for Rahul Dravid or Laxman. Apparently Rahul Dravid has an average of over 50 in the 2nd essay which augurs well for him. I generally expect Tendulkar to bat and bat well most of the times. Recently I have lowered my expectations and when he gets out it doesn't upset me. Yup I agree he may well not correct this statistics in future. Wonder what your expectations of Ganguly is?
So perhaps it's time for Indian cricket followers to have a rethink about how good a batsman he really is. There is no denying that he is prodigiously talented; even at the age of 34 he can still play some incredible shots. That is why i expect more from him than any other batsman - especially in the most trying circumstances, where a good knock from him represents the difference between a defeat or a victory. That is where Tendulkar has repeatedly come up short. Is it so wrong to expect an all-time great, the best batsman in the batting lineup; to deliver the goods when the odds are stacked against the team ? Naturally, the bigger the player - the greater the expectation. That is why Tendulkar is often subjected to closer scrutiny than any other batsman. He is supposedly the greatest batsman ever produced by the country, hence the pressure on him multiplies manifold. People cannot stand the way the most decorated player in the history of Indian cricket struggles to live up to his billing when the occasion demands it. This is the kind of criticism which his most ardent supporters fail to understand.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! I'm a huge fan of Tendulkar but I understand he has his limitations as a player. Fantastic player he is but he fears failures. Mentally very strong most of the times and tries to play that perfect knock every time and that is his undoing. I reckon he has never really relaxed in situations such as this and not attempted a care free knock. If he does that few times he will come off successful few times too. That will set his record straight but for someone like Tendulkar that hates losing it may not be possible to play care free knocks often. I suggest you drop your expectations of Tendulkar despite him being one of the best in the business since the time this great sport was found. Everyone has limitations and Tendulkar has his own too. I suggest the next time around you look forward to Rahul Dravid or Laxman to dig it in situations such as this and you will come off a happy man :wtg: Those two often have shown are cut out for similar situations as they have shown over the years. As for Ponting his tail is always up and can play care free knocks as they can afford to lose a rare one while persuing a win. As for Lara, they lose so many it won?t matter if they lose another one :hic:

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Don't understand how one decides to support a player who choked AGAIN when the team needed him. No point singling him out alone though which seems to be the purpose of this thread. I for one don't expect anything big from him in tests and definitely not in the clutch.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! ^^ there was pressure in the first innings. that's why he succumbed to a poor shot even schoolboys wouldnt think of playing when u r fully set. i ithink SRT needs to look at tapes of prince's inning to figure out how to score BIG.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! He can score a 110 more centuries now but if they don't come when we need them ...then they don't count. If he can't perform like a great player then he has to settle for being called an average batsman....and his fans should learn to accept that....just average!

^^ misjudged a ball that was twice his height on middle stump? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. end of the day, he couldnt handle it. the pressure of first fifty of the year got to him.
SRT usually curbs risky shots when under pressure, so unless he got carried away or somehow misjudged it, he is quite unlikely to play such risky shot.

:lmao: :lmao: Just another version, you're right, we didn't need him at all in the 1st innings either.
abey, we needed him to step up in first dig, not be happy with a faaltu first fifty in the year and try and be cute, when a series win beckoned. guy with 63 runs to his name needs to kick on and seal the deal. esp one who is fully set on the best day for batting on that track. we needed him to stick around even more on Day 5. he got out-thought by Ntini, by no means a legendary bowler.

^^ misjudged a ball that was twice his height on middle stump? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. end of the day, he couldnt handle it. the pressure of first fifty of the year got to him.
SRT usually curbs risky shots when under pressure, so unless he got carried away or somehow misjudged it, he is quite unlikely to play such risky shot.
pressure also causes brain farts. or didnt you know???