TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

u can scream from roof tops about rauf and all' date=' but even hawkeye proved he was a done duster--as soon as i saw fourth ball of the day, i knew he was gone, LBW..[/quote'] <Rahul mode> can some one edificate me on since when did the Ball Clipping the Paint varnish of the Leg Bail = "Done and Dusted" </Rahul Mode>
if i were ntini, i woulda felt completely robbed if i didnt nail him with that one
And what would you feel if you were Kumble , Sree for whom the same Hawk eye showed the ball hitting the Middle stump ... for Prince and Boucher ? Let me guess ... "Part of the Game" :mad: :mad: :wall:
looked out to me. so did boucher. so did Dhoni in I1 and VVS in I2. and prince's shout came when he was around 40, AFTER the master bat dropped a sitter. i would still maintain that IND lost a match, umpires didnt rob them. FWIW, from CI:
Ntini to Tendulkar, OUT, Huge wicket! Tendulkar is trapped in front. Ntini strikes for South Africa. slightly short of length, landed outside the offstump, came in, Tendulkar initially kept his left foot out, then hopped back and was hit on the knee roll. Beaten for pace. The ball was going on to strike the top of the middle stump.
the so-called master bat was consciously getting on the front foot in I1. he got nailed in I2 for pussilanimously changing his game plan and staying rooted to the top of the crease. Ntini earned that one. here's what PremP had to say:
At the other end, VVS Laxman was fighting his own battles, his way -- and coming off second best. Off the last ball of the 20th over, for instance, Laxman did a Tendulkar and Ntini almost did a Ntini. The bowler swung wide of the crease, again hit that length just shy of good, and jagged it in. Laxman opted to stay rooted on top of the crease, as Tendulkar had; he ended up bent double, as Tendulkar was; he was hit on the pad, as Tendulkar was. This time, Asad Rauf ruled not out -- a marginal decision, with the umpire figuring it would have just missed leg and Hawkeye indicating that it could have shaved the outside of leg stump. There was, in the way he played that ball, a warning of things to come, though: Laxman in the first innings, again as Tendulkar had, was very committed to front foot play. Here, for some reason, he seemed to prefer going back, sometimes ridiculously so, and more often than not found himself in no man's land on top of the batting crease. First Ntini, then Nel, preyed on this defect, cutting the batsman in half with express deliveries that jagged back in and went through the batsman as if he were a mere astral presence. The odd punch off the back foot and flick off the pads, signature shots both, came as aberrations. Normalcy was restored in the 29th over. Nel landed one again just back of good length and jagged it in; again, Laxman opted to stay perched on top of the crease and go across the line; he ended up even looking like Tendulkar, bent double while the ball went through him to clip the top of the stumps. The weird thing about that dismissal was that the way the batsman bent double, you thought the ball had stayed low when, in fact, it had bounced enough to hit the top of off
<bheembhai mode> it's a frikking conspiracy!!! :wall: :wall: Rauf hates SRT but you will never admit that SRT was cheated. with fans like you, who needs enemies???:wall: </bheembhai mode>

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! My new year resolution is to stop calling for Sachin to step up. My honest opinion, is that at this point in his career he is incapable of "stepping up". India will either have to be content with a beggarly 30 average from him from now on (24 in 2006), or find a replacement. From Jan 1, 2007, I will not be hassling Sachin anymore........... as while the name is there, I recognize that the batting prowess has long gone.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Yes lets continue to ignore the fact that he was NOT OUT in 2nd innings but got shafted by cheating pak umpire and that he top scored in 1st innings and looked class. You fools never learn. Write sachin of at your peril. He always bounces back and will do again. You guys have been writing him of for years but he always silences his critics and WILL DO AGAIN!

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! ^^ looked out to me, straight up, without slo-mo, without hawk-eye. hawk-eye showed the bails going. so i wouldnt complain much abt it. good ball, poor batting. OTOH, SRT of old would have come forward and defended. he chose to go back and that sealed it. looked like he got deceived by the length and pace that Makky generated. i would take more umbrage at RSD's dismissals. but then this thread was about SRT and somehow folks deemed it cool to hijack and rant abt Rauf in general.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

My new year resolution is to stop calling for Sachin to step up. My honest opinion, is that at this point in his career he is incapable of "stepping up". India will either have to be content with a beggarly 30 average from him from now on (24 in 2006), or find a replacement. From Jan 1, 2007, I will not be hassling Sachin anymore........... as while the name is there, I recognize that the batting prowess has long gone.
LOL, JKbhai. replacements have laid some big eggs, which is why even SCG was recalled. the cupboard isnt exactly brimming. IMHO, SRT has two big knocks coming up in 2007. he needs to start drinking or just do a jayasuriya--dont give a damn, just go out and bat like only he can.