Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

I wish I had not heard about this incident- I cannot deal with more and more miserable and evil stories kids dying in Connecticut, brutality here, ppl in kerela raping their own daughters and sisters:((:(( I am in half a mind to just stop staying in touch with any news whatsoever to retain my sanity

I sincerely dont understand Raghav's post in the context of this thread. Yes' date=' other kind of crime exists, but if we can mobilze support against one particular crime and bring it down, whats wrong with that? We cannot target all crimes at once, we cannot just wait for all crimes to come to the same level. Here if people are raising their voice against a particular kind of crime, why on earth would you protest against it? Its mind-boggling[/quote']

Though it is a heinous crime, I've been laughing my ass off (subtly) that all the sickulars are demanding death penalty (which I am in favour of) for a rape when they have been clamoring for abolishing it for so long. ****, you got terrorists and mass murderers either walking scott free or having their capital punishment called off due to the handy work of these bleeding hearts. WTF has changed now? Previous president pardoned 28 mother****ers that were on death row... No one is willing to address the underlying rot of Indian Society and until you do that whatever changes occur is smoke and mirrors only.

I sincerely dont understand Raghav's post in the context of this thread. Yes' date=' other kind of crime exists, but if we can mobilze support against one particular crime and bring it down, whats wrong with that? [b']We cannot target all crimes at once, we cannot just wait for all crimes to come to the same level. Here if people are raising their voice against a particular kind of crime, why on earth would you protest against it? Its mind-boggling
Crimes like Robbery , Theft ,Rape , murder, kidnapping etc are interlinked. There is no way you can say that just specifically target rape and let turn the blind eye toward other crimes.
The police said a man employed as a carpenter too has come forward now to say that the men on the bus used a similar ruse to rob him of Rs. 8,000. Less than an hour before the rape incident, the men on the bus reportedly called out to the carpenter in R K Puram sector 4, and offered him a ride. He got on and was robbed, he has alleged. http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/delhi-gang-rape-rapists-wanted-to-teach-girl-a-lesson-say-police-sources-306918?pfrom=home-lateststories
If that carpenter could had immediately informed the nearest PCR Van about this type of bus then there was chance that rape could had been prevented ,but then in India we have culture of not going to police and even if he had gone the police may had consider rs. 8000 theft as small matter.

My apologies if in this discussion I have come across as being insensitive to the trauma that this girl has gone through. I am as much appalled and shocked by this incident as any normal sane human being would be and should be. No way in this world I would oppose if somebody is raising voice against such crimes, rather I would give nothing less than my whole-hearted support to such initiative. My first few posts in this thread was on the points that how perpetrators of this crime should be brought to justice. My subsequent posts were result of my one on one discussion with Desi who I believe was trying to conjure a wrong picture of things. This kind of wrong representation leads to the outcomes or measures which ensure that committed crimes shift from one group of the society to other group of society, without bringing overall relief. My point is that remedial measures should be based on rationality not just some impulsive emotional reaction. In last couple of days, I have seen people demanding on TV, on internet, in all other media, that laws should be changed to give death penalty to anybody who commits rape. I seriously request these people to understand how rape is defined by Indian law. As per current indian laws, any consensual sex,outside marriage, can become a crime of rape if female partner wishes to even after years of occurrence of that. And I don't think that we want a situation where men are being tried against death penalty for having sex outside marriage. This is no exaggeration if you look at the some of the rape cases filed in last few years. Anyways, my posts seem to be going against the flow of the this thread and so will try avoid posting on a different aspect of these kind of situations. I also want justice to this girl as much as anybody on this forum. Hope I have clarified.
What I said is true and you havent proven otherwise, you just come across upset that only plight of women is discussed and that is somehow same as stating that men dont face injustice and are not given a hard time by some abusive women. I cant explain anymore so this will be all from me to you

NEW DELHI: Ram Singh, 33, the prime accused in Sunday's gang rape, is a volatile man, known among friends as "Mental," a police source said on Tuesday. During investigation, he is learnt to have told police how he lost control and ended up brutalizing the woman and assaulting her friend. "When she resisted and bit his hand, he says, he got very angry. Alcohol and the victims' defiance, made him go berserk. He picked up a rod and hit the two everywhere. His accomplices followed suit," a source said. Ram Singh reportedly started picking up fights at the slightest pretext after the death of his wife two years ago. There's an accident case registered against him and he has admitted to being involved in several other brawls. He had also run away with a girl in his neighbourhood, sources said. A police officer said the investigating team led by Inspector Anil Sharma had found Ram Singh a cold and remorseless man. "Initially, he denied everything. But when he began to open up, he chose to divulge each detail, with no repentance. Such brutality does not affect him. He tried to destroy evidence by washing the bus with confidence and told his accomplices to not worry, and lie low for some time. He stayed calm when he went and parked the bus in RK Puram, and then took it back to the owner in Noida. The confidence he shows is not of a novice definitely," the officer said. It seems that even as the gang was brutalizing the woman by turns, Ram Singh had made a plan to cover their tracks. Sources say Ram Singh decided to strip the victims completely before throwing them out of the bus to leave no trace of incriminating semen or blood. He also kept their mobiles and switched them off. Three mobiles — one belonging to the woman and two to her friend — have now been recovered along with some of their clothes. Although police were able to arrest him with his employer's help, Ram Singh showed his shrewd side again by refusing to undergo the test identification parade on Tuesday. Police say Ram Singh dropped his accomplices near RK Puram after 10.30pm on Sunday and brought the bus back to Sector 3 in RK Puram. Although his brother Mukesh was initially driving the bus, Ram Singh asked the cleaner, Akshay, to drive it to the garage. In the morning, all the accused returned to work on his direction. Akshay and Ram Singh plied the bus on its route. Around 9am, when they realized their crime was all over the news, they took the bus to Rohilla Khurd near Sector 62, Noida and washed it thoroughly to remove bloodstains. But Ram Singh's plan went awry when the bus owner, Dinesh Yadav, called him to drive it back. "Police had asked Yadav to ensure Ram Singh came back with the bus. He was tricked into coming to RK Puram, where we arrested him,'' said an investigating officer. According to police, the accused used to drive continuously through the day. He would pick up schoolchildren at 8am and drop them before picking office goers from the Malai Mandir area. He brought back students from the south Delhi school at 1pm. Sources also pointed out that had the school noticed and reported that the bus they had hired had tinted glasses and was driven by an illiterate person involved in an accident, Ram Singh could have been taken off the roads earlier. https://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=ram+singh+gang+rape+run+away+girl+neighbour&oq=ram+singh+gang+rape+run+away+girl+neighbour&gs_l=hp.3...21998.24524.2.24811.10.10.0.0.0.0.183.1641.0j10.10.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.YNFkMJouCf8&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk&fp=9e09c541dc3bc9e7&bpcl=40096503&biw=1024&bih=599
Even these type of guys get girls to run with them

There is a large scale protest in front of the Delhi CM's residence going on right now. The police tried water canons to stop the protesters' date=' but apparently failed.[/quote'] 2013 Delhi Election prepartion ,opposition will go crazy if she won 4th term

2013 Delhi Election prepartion ' date='opposition will go crazy if she won 4th term[/quote'] I don't understand what govt and police do to prevent such crimes apart from making sure that accused are punished after the crime has taken place. However strong is law and its enforcement, this will have no effect on such low life scums..Mostly law acts as deterrent for middle class law abiding people, rest do not care..

I don't understand what govt and police do to prevent such crimes apart from making sure that accused are punished after the crime has taken place. However strong is law and its enforcement' date=' this will have no effect on such low life scums..Mostly law acts as deterrent for middle class law abiding people, rest do not care..[/quote'] More than the police, we need a complete overhaul of our society. Women empowerment and security are just lip service by the politicians and filmstars. As far as these scums are concerned, they should be made an example of the crime they committed. Why hang them? Make them stay alive with castration (as suggested by some popular radio channel debate here in Mumbai). Let them suffer the stigma throughout their lives.

I am guilty, I should be hanged: Delhi rape accused Pawan Gupta One of the six men accused of raping 23-year-old woman in Delhi, Pawan Gupta today said before the court, 'I accept I am guilty, I should be hanged'. Pawan refuses to undergo test identification parade related stories Delhi gangrape: Victim's parents want maximum punishment, says Krishna Tirath HC takes suo motu cognisance of gangrape, pulls up police We will seek death penalty for rapists: Top cop Promise action against Delhi rapists, says BJP saying he committed a "heinous act." Mukesh agreed to undergo test related stories Delhi gangrape: Victim's parents want maximum punishment, says Krishna Tirath Vinay too refused to undergo test identification parade and said before the court that he assaulted the boy, not the girl. They have been sent to police custody for four days. Six people on Sunday night gangraped and assaulted a 23-year-old medical student and her male friend in a moving bus. Four accused were nabbed by police. A fifth accused, Akshay Thakur has been detained from Aurangabad in Bihar and is being brought to Delhi, sources said. One accused is still on the run. After being produced before Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Namrita Aggarwal, the trio were sent to court of Metropolitan Magistrate Sandeep Garg for following the procedure for conducting the TIP. When the judge asked whether they would volunteer to undergo TIP and if not why, Vinay said, "he had beaten up the boy but did nothing with the girl" and went on to say "mujhe faansi de do (hang me)", while Pawan told the court, "I do not want to undergo TIP as I have committed a heinous act". The magistrate after completing the process for the TIP said,"Accused Mukesh has submitted that he wanted to undergo TIP. Police be directed to conduct his TIP on December 20 at 3pm Central Jail, Tihar." Both the victim, a paramedical student, and her male friend, who had boarded the chartered bus with tinted glass windows from Munirka in south Delhi to Palam around 9.45 PM on Sunday night, were assaulted with an iron rod by the men after the two resisted before they were dumped on the road side near Mahipalpur flyover, police said. Metropolitan Magistrate Garg also asked the police to move a fresh application for recording the confessional statement of the accused persons saying "what they have said in court is not on oath". http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/I-am-guilty-I-should-be-hanged-Delhi-rape-accused-Pawan-Gupta/Article1-974947.aspx

More than the police' date=' we need a complete overhaul of our society. Women empowerment and security are just lip service by the politicians and filmstars. As far as these scums are concerned, they should be made an example of the crime they committed. Why hang them? Make them [b']stay alive with castration (as suggested by some popular radio channel debate here in Mumbai). Let them suffer the stigma throughout their lives.
In that we have to introduce barbaric punishments for all dreaded criminals like chopping hands, feets and castration.

Its Hindustan vs India. Hindustan is a jugaad, kaam chalao country. People are rugged, frugal and have devil may care attitude. They are so sex starved, that even male sodomy is common and accepted, only the passive partner is considered gay, whereas perpetrators of the crime feel proud and manly, North India shares this trait with Pathans. Make-up for unmarried girls is taboo, girl will be considered a orchestra girl. Whereas India is home to mummy-daddy kid's who are very innocent, who are content with flirting on internet. By the time they reach marriage age, they gain weight, lose libido and do sex just for the heck of it. These people are child of upper middle and rich class. They got education from reputed CBSE/ICSE schools. Majority are western wannabe's. They are easily intimidated by local goons, they back from fights with excuses like I was with family women etc. 'Beta tumse naa ho paayega, tumhaare lakshan bilkul thik nahi lag rahe' dialogue from Gangs of Wasseypur is perfect for such youngsters.

Its Hindustan vs India. Hindustan is a jugaad, kaam chalao country. People are rugged, frugal and have devil may care attitude. They are so sex starved, that even male sodomy is common and accepted, only the passive partner is considered gay, whereas perpetrators of the crime feel proud and manly, North India shares this trait with Pathans. Make-up for unmarried girls is taboo, girl will be considered a orchestra girl. Whereas India is home to mummy-daddy kid's who are very innocent, who are content with flirting on internet. By the time they reach marriage age, they gain weight, lose libido and do sex just for the heck of it. These people are child of upper middle and rich class. They got education from reputed CBSE/ICSE schools. Majority are western wannabe's. They are easily intimidated by local goons, they back from fights with excuses like I was with family women etc. 'Beta tumse naa ho paayega, tumhaare lakshan bilkul thik nahi lag rahe' dialogue from Gangs of Wasseypur is perfect for such youngsters.
+1

I wish I had not heard about this incident- I cannot deal with more and more miserable and evil stories kids dying in Connecticut, brutality here, ppl in kerela raping their own daughters and sisters:((:(( I am in half a mind to just stop staying in touch with any news whatsoever to retain my sanity
Bro this world needs a reboot, I am quoting dialogue from Movie 'Taxi Driver' - 'Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets'. I actually pray 21-12-2012 come true to some extent.

does anyone here think that alcohol and/or drug consumption be restricted or prohibited which might reduce such crimes?
If you are good person, you will not rape anyone even under influence. Bad people plan all their moves when they are not drunk, they are 'Shaatir dimaag' people, they have so patience that they sometimes take upto months. Most child abusers are genius people, they have such good social skills that good people fail to recognize them. Alcohol or drug consumption has nothing to do, people who go to places of worship indulge most in such crimes.

You need serious help dude. :sick::sick::sick: