Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Re to Clarke

Is the police being harsh on the protestors' date=' or are the latter crossing the restricted lines wrt govt buildings/public property ?[/quote'] Remember the protestors are protesting for their sake or their family, friends sake..I mean that the girl who got brutally raped, case judgement was not justified so people are fighting to make new laws and you know when you sit their for 15 days and no body comes out to address you then you will seriously get outraged to enter the govt. buildings..and the next thing is if this would have happened with any of our known ones then you wouldnt have asked such questions..

Is the police being harsh on the protestors' date=' or are the latter crossing the restricted lines wrt govt buildings/public property ?[/quote'] Vladmir Putin scheduleded visit was on 24th December.What can Govt do? He is man who require one of the highest security in world .Imagine something happened to him then it is the same govt that will blamed both nationally and internationally . Put any person from protests in administration and He/she will do same as Putin's security is one of the highest priority

Well' date=' in this case the horrible nature of crime does suggest hatred towards the girl to cause maximum pain, but then why rape her first? my opinion is that guys who never get to date girls and enjoy relationships like lovers do are a sexually starved bunch, these are the type who molest girls....and there are a shyt load of them in India.[/quote'] Can't believe I'm agreeing with MTC but yeah being sexually starved leads to catcalls and teasing not rape. Rape is all about display of power - either from the nouveau rich/politicians ki aulaad or from the piss poor marginalized folk who get **** thrown at them all day long (verbal and otherwise) and need an outlet to release. Women become an easy target.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with MTC but yeah being sexually starved leads to catcalls and teasing not rape. Rape is all about display of power - either from the nouveau rich/politicians ki aulaad or from the piss poor marginalized folk who get **** thrown at them all day long (verbal and otherwise) and need an outlet to release. Women become an easy target.
There are many many cases in India where father rapes the daughter.What kind of power father wants to display on daughter when Indian system already give full control of her? Rape could be about anything power , sex . lust.Just like murder there is no hard and fast rule for it.

There are many many cases in India where father rapes the daughter.What kind of power father wants to display on daughter when Indian system already give full control of her? Rape could be about anything power , sex . lust.Just like murder there is no hard and fast rule for it.
There will be exceptions but large majority of rapes are about display of power, especially the violent kind. My source: CSI Las Vegas. Don't laugh. With what I've learned from that show, I'm probably more capable than half the Indian police at solving crimes.

There will be exceptions but large majority of rapes are about display of power' date=' especially the violent kind. My source: CSI Las Vegas. Don't laugh. With what I've learned from that show, I'm probably more capable than half the Indian police at solving crimes.[/quote'] Here is my source And you may be capable for solving crime in USA , but in India it is whole different story :winky:

Here is my source And you may be capable for solving crime in USA , but in India it is whole different story :winky:
Meh. Its Hollywood. Feminists are running rampant. But I still swear by CSI. It is a damn good and a mostly accurate show (if you can ignore the time factor)

Some protests have basically turned into anti-men elements. Important to not generalize everybody of the category. Plus, it's important to realize that this problem will never be removed but can only be reduced through effective implementation. We don't need severe punishments but rather strong measures to both prevent and catch the criminals.

Via Frustrated Indian Facebook

I am appalled at the lop-sided relay of events and incomplete images being telecast by some of the NEWS channels on TV, regarding the incident that happened at India Gate yesterday at around 5:30 PM. Read another first-hand account of what the peaceful protesters were subjected to. Thank you PM, HM, & Delhi Police. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- "I was there. We were all on the other side of India Gate towards the Dhyan Chand Stadium. I think I need to paint the correct picture for the nation. Except for CNN IBN and NEWS X, most other channels are not showing the peaceful gathering. Thus it gives out the wrong message to the nation, to the politicians, to other women that there was violence. Please pass on this note to as many people as you can and post it at as many places. THERE WAS NO VIOLENCE NO PROVOCATION…THE POLICE ATTACKED WITHOUT ANY WARNING. I have been through section 144 earlier. At least there should have been one warning issued to us to get up and leave, peacefully, before they started hitting us. Ms.Naina Kapur, of VISHKHA GUIDELINES fame, was there with me. Ms.Smita Bharti of SAAKSHI, an NGO working on SEXUAL HARASSMENT on women, was there. Ms.Nafisa Ali was standing behind us, Mr.Arvind Kejriwal was sitting just two rows in front of me, Mr.Arvind Gaur of ASMITA THEATER GROUP was there asking all the people to sit down and listen to the talks. There were about 200-250 girls and equal or more number of men of all ages. There were young girls, some children, families and some elderly people along with hoards of photographers, journalists and reporters. WE WERE ALL SITTING ON THE ROAD PEACEFULLY and listening to the painful account, of the mother of ‘KIRAN NEGI’, a 3 yr old who has been brutally raped and disfigured and killed, by her attackers. Even the sloganeering had stopped. Many young and old men of Delhi were standing around us in a 3-4 layer human chain to protect us from any hooligans or nasty elements. It was like a CHAKRAVYUH. Members of the ASMITA THEATER GROUP, including Mr.Gaur, were constantly walking around the circle. Young boys and girls of his team were repeatedly requesting and talking to people to not resort to violence, not to panic or run or throw stones, not to damage public property, AND not to hurt or abuse the female protestors. There were many volunteers distributing biscuits and water to every protestor. We were talking to the ‘AAM JANATA’ of Delhi on how to tackle the violence on women and children starting from ourselves, our homes and communities. WE WERE SIMPLY TALKING. I had just finished my packet of biscuit when the police, hundreds of them from DELHI POLICE and RAF, charged at us from behind, WITHOUT ANY WARNING. They first attacked the men from behind, breaking their CHAKRAVYUH. I stood up to see what the commotion was about, and immediately fell as most girls didn’t get enough time to stand up. I hugged Smitaji as we fell on each other and there was a stampede over us. Some of the men from the circle ran for their lives, but most of them ran towards us and hugged us and fell on us and took the initial blows of the LATHI CHARGE. I couldn’t see anything; I just heard the two cracks of a SPLIT BAMBOO STICK on my back, butt and thighs. Then I heard the police screaming, HARAMZADIYON, RANDIYON, and then I saw a boot kicking my knees and shin. They hit Smitaji on her lower-back and spine. The boys of ASMITA, and some more men pulled us all up and all of them formed protection girdles around the girls to push us out of the range of the water cannons and charging men in KHAKI AND BLUE. Visibility was poor due to fog and tear gas; many girls were hit; even when we were running away and saying, “Ham jaa rahen hain, hame mat mariye”,…. they were hitting the boys rampantly, constantly spitting abuses on the girls. Many women reporters were also hit and chased, their vans attacked, equipments broken. Some girls still managed to pull a few lathis and gave it back to the men. I don’t know what happened to the children in the group and how the aunties in saris managed to run. I just hope they are all well. There was not a single ambulance in sight; the entire C- Hexagon of India Gate was empty, barring the police. We walked for almost 45 min, as there was no way out from the outer circle. Finally we managed to duck behind press vans and escaped via Shahjahan Road. Do I look like a hooligan? Was I armed? Was I provoking the police or creating a nuisance? Was I resorting to violence, by sitting there and listening to, or sharing our personal grievances of Sexual harassment and assault? You judge for yourself. Agreed, that in such gatherings, some nasty elements do infiltrate and create a raucous, but the police didn’t seem to have the basic sensibility to differentiate between hooligans and some young girls, children, and elderly people. If the Delhi Police and RAF lack the basic cognizance to recognize the good from bad, what protection can we expect from them? Instead I thank the men of Delhi, the boys of Delhi, who helped all the girls to escape from the wrath of THE POLICE. I request the people who were present there, to paint the correct picture, so that Mr.Manmohan Singh, Mr.Shinde and others would get the correct picture of what happened on the ground. I request the PM and the Home Minister to believe that “I, the woman of India,” am not violent or the ‘Shame of the nation’... that we have to be ashamed that the world is watching. I was not offensive. But I will definitely stand up again to defend myself, my mother, my daughter and my kind. Let the world watch.
https://www.facebook.com/TheFrustratedIndian/posts/465315156837301

Agree.......90% cases of rape in India are by people known to the victim....neighbors,friends,teachers,fathers,stepfathers,uncles ,brothers.

Baby girl, who was raped, dies in hospital VADODARA: The two-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a house guest in Halol town of Panchmahal district last week, died at a hospital here on Monday night. The accused had tied up her hands and legs and raped her on December 21. The victim was admitted to SSG Hospital with severely damaged private parts. Her condition was critical from the time she was admitted to the hospital but she suffered an infection and developed septicaemia on Monday that led to her death. "She was brought to SSG Hospital early on Saturday morning and we had put her on ventilator. Her condition deteriorated on Monday as her chest got filled with fluid," said Dr Rajeev Deveshwar, superintendent of the hospital. Police have added murder charges in the FIR registered against the accused, identified as Keshavraj Joshi, from Nepal. The girl was cremated in Halol. "I have seen the protests over the gang rape in Delhi. But no one seems to be bothered about my two-year-old girl who died after being raped," the father said. "No one from the government or even district administration has bothered to pay us a visit. My only request to the government is to hang the accused who committed such heinous crime," the father said. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/vadodara/Baby-girl-who-was-raped-dies-in-hospital/articleshow/17763367.cms There should be no debate in cases like this one and gang rapes.Death penalty is the only option.

Death penalty is must and we need to eliminate such psychos from society..! But I am appalled about Media , how it concentrates on one case, and follows it up ignoring many other such instances. I am reading rape cases in every part of the country, no one bothers to follow up the case and accused will easily get away with lesser punishments.

Death penalty is must and we need to eliminate such psychos from society..! But I am appalled about Media ' date=' [b']how it concentrates on one case, and follows it up ignoring many other such instances. I am reading rape cases in every part of the country, no one bothers to follow up the case and accused will easily get away with lesser punishments.
The case became such an issue both for the public and the media - there never was such a public outrage on a rape case before - because of the sheer brutality and not just the rape part it. And it has all the elements that people hate - sheer disrespect for women in general (they wanted to teach her a lesson, assumed she was of lose character for being out till late), lust, a primeval savagery in the torture post rape, the blatant disregard for consequences and a lot more.

The Doc at Ram Manohar Lohia hospital says there were no major injuries on Tomar's body and he died of cardiac arrest.
That's interesting because I saw someone from Delhi police say that he died of fatal internal injuries. She was so sure of it that I had no reason not to believe her. That was before the post mortem though. Are the post mortem reports in yet?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHccRrQPl0]Constable Subhash Tomar - YouTube[/ame] … http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/prime-time/video-story/259576?video-justaddedhttp://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news-point/video-story/259579?vod-justadded Hohum. After this one more eywitness, (the girl with bandage) and doctor who treated him has said same.