Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Baby girl, who was raped, dies in hospital VADODARA: The two-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a house guest in Halol town of Panchmahal district last week, died at a hospital here on Monday night. The accused had tied up her hands and legs and raped her on December 21. The victim was admitted to SSG Hospital with severely damaged private parts. Her condition was critical from the time she was admitted to the hospital but she suffered an infection and developed septicaemia on Monday that led to her death. "She was brought to SSG Hospital early on Saturday morning and we had put her on ventilator. Her condition deteriorated on Monday as her chest got filled with fluid," said Dr Rajeev Deveshwar, superintendent of the hospital. Police have added murder charges in the FIR registered against the accused, identified as Keshavraj Joshi, from Nepal. The girl was cremated in Halol. "I have seen the protests over the gang rape in Delhi. But no one seems to be bothered about my two-year-old girl who died after being raped," the father said. "No one from the government or even district administration has bothered to pay us a visit. My only request to the government is to hang the accused who committed such heinous crime," the father said. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/vadodara/Baby-girl-who-was-raped-dies-in-hospital/articleshow/17763367.cms There should be no debate in cases like this one and gang rapes.Death penalty is the only option.
Beetle- Seems like a straightforward death penalty case to you and me but I am skeptic because for some reason even with such a horrible crime some criminals got a presidential pardon (Pratibha Patil granted it) saving their lives

Neck, chest injuries caused TomarÃÔ cardiac arrest: Post-mortem report

New Delhi: The cause of death of constable Subhash Chand Tomar is blunt force trauma, post-mortem report said on Wednesday. The post-mortem report contradicts assertions by Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital Medical Superintendent Dr TS Sidhu that Tomar had "no major external injury" except for some cuts and bruises or "(no) severe internal injuries". The report said 47-year-old Tomar's third, fourth and fifth ribs on left side had fractures and there was "mid-calibaculur bleeding" at several places. The cause of death reported by a Medical Board constituted by the hospital for the post mortem said, "myocardial infarction and its implication that could be precipitated by multiple ante-mortem (before death) injuries to neck and chest produced by blunt force impact." Sources said effusion of blood was present in tissues and neck muscles and ante-mortem injuries were caused when the body suffered heavy blows from a blunt object. Elaborating on the report, Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) KC Dwivedi said it noted that there were injuries on his chest, neck, legs because of which he had a cardiac arrest and he died. "He had a lot of injuries. His ribs had fractures. These multiple injuries aggravated his condition and led to cardiac arrest," Dwivedi said. The death of the Delhi Police constable, who was cremated with full state honours, has been a bone of contention. Earlier an eyewitness had claimed that the dead cop was not beaten up by protesters, but collapsed while walking. Meanwhile, Dr PS Sidhu at Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital had said earlier in the day that the constable had no major external or internal injury marks when he was brought to the hospital. Tomar, however, had injuries on knee and chest, said Dr Sidhu. The constable is reported to have suffered no fracture. "No major injury marks found on constable's body. The constable had no pulse when he came to the hospital. Constable's right knee was injured, had bruises," said Sidhu.
I fail to understand why death of this cop is being downplayed. It is not if death of this cop will make crime commited against that girl any less serious.

This cop's murder case will get nowhere in the court. First thing is that you can never take a mob to justice. If they charge anyone (one or many) with murder, the prosecutor will have a tough time proving intent even if they find video of the assault. If they charge them with manslaughter, they will find it very difficult to prove that a particular blow or bunch of blows directly induced the heart attack and that the cop was not assaulted before or after whatever assault video police manages to find. The bigger the charge, the more convincing the evidence has to be.

The post mortem very conveniently says "myocardial infarction and its implication that could be precipitated by multiple ante-mortem (before death) injuries to neck and chest produced by blunt force impact." Stress on the word "could". Doesn't prove anything. Gives police a fig leaf to cling on.

With this constable's death case, Delhi Police's reputation is totally in ruins (not that there was much to begin with). You can thank the political class for ruining the law and order situation for good. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rise in mob justice soon. And once you get mob justice, how far is a civil war? :hatsoff: to Congress for making this country a shauchalya.

Something doest make sense here. She had a cardiac arrest yesterday and had to be revived, she still has widespread infections and they are sending her on a 6 hr flight to Singapore ? It just doesnt make sense, Im not a doctor but I have seen that when patient is this critical then its almost impossible to move them to even another city and here its a 6 hour flight

Something doest make sense here. She had a cardiac arrest yesterday and had to be revived, she still has widespread infections and they are sending her on a 6 hr flight to Singapore ? It just doesnt make sense, Im not a doctor but I have seen that when patient is this critical then its almost impossible to move them to even another city and here its a 6 hour flight
The hospital where she has been admitted to, Mount Elizabeth, Singapore is one of the best for organ transplants. Though the media hasn't specified which organ(s) she needs a transplant for, I guess its her intestines which were surgically removed, if that is medically possible. The chartered flight which took her there, ARE Airways, is equipped with an on-board ICU unit. http://www.rediff.com/news/report/delhi-gang-rape-victim-flown-to-singapore-for-treatment/20121227.htm Safdarjung hospital had stopped giving news bulletins from the last 2-3 days. That was quite abrupt. At this point, we can only pray that she makes it through.

The media crew was chasing the ambulance in which the girl was being taken to the airport and claiming to be in "hot pursuit".
As if intentionally pedaling blatant lies about the death of the constable weren't enough. These guys haven't learned anything from their 26/11 exploits, where they unwittingly gave live feeds to the handlers. Such channels should just have their licenses revoked by the I&B ministry.