Hotmail ka question

Gaurav

So I have hotmail and some non-hotmail mail accounts. For discussion sake let's say the accounts are- Dumbo@hotmail.com and Hathi@yahoo.com When I send mail from Hathi@yahoo.com to Dumbo@hotmail.com sometimes it reaches instantly, sometimes it reaches few hours later and sometimes it never reaches! WTF is going on? It definitely has nothing to do with my junk settings. Could hotmail be doing something on the server side before it reaches my account (or more liek not reach it)? Any ideas dear? :rose:

Next time don't send mails to yourself. Just convey your thoughts to yourself by thinking. It's faster.:cantstop:
:hysterical: Nice one! Aree coffeeji I did that for testing purpose only . Some people are not getting my mails as they have hotmail accounts.

Taken form here http://postmaster.live.com/FightingJunk.aspx

Our Efforts As part of the commitment to our users, we offer a number of steps to minimize the negative impact junk e-mail have on our users’ e-mail experience. For example, we’ve implemented a number of mechanisms to reduce the burden of junk e-mail which currently prevents nearly 4 billion e-mail messages from reaching Windows Live Hotmail users every day!
BLOODY HELL!

move to gmail btw, do u have hotmail or windows live mail? could be a difference in setting between the 2... i have live mail... even tho my address is something@hotmail.com
I have my own non- free account (similar to mail@holysmoke.com) :D The issue is that some of the other people I send to use hotmail. Plus if I send 5 mails from Hathi@yahoo.com to a hotmail account then 4 will reach and one won't. Everything is same so I don't see why one does not reach?

When I send mail from Hathi@yahoo.com to Dumbo@hotmail.com sometimes it reaches instantly, sometimes it reaches few hours later and sometimes it never reaches!
Yes that happens quite fairly if you send an email across yahoo and hotmail. It may even happen if you send emails from hotmail to hotmail. The issue has more to do with the way Hotmail is designed rather than Yahoo. It has nothing to do with Junk facility really, just two different applications faltering.

So I have hotmail and some non-hotmail mail accounts. For discussion sake let's say the accounts are- Dumbo@hotmail.com and Hathi@yahoo.com When I send mail from Hathi@yahoo.com to Dumbo@hotmail.com sometimes it reaches instantly, sometimes it reaches few hours later and sometimes it never reaches! WTF is going on? It definitely has nothing to do with my junk settings. Could hotmail be doing something on the server side before it reaches my account (or more liek not reach it)? Any ideas dear? :rose:
:psalute: < please dont use paki brain here Gai :sex:

Maybe its a Thunderbird (Mozilla) issue. It's happened to me before as well...would send something from my work email using Thunderbird to my Hotmail address and the mail would show up in Hotmail hours later.
Yeah it's no that as the mail used to eventually come. What I am saying has to do with this- http://kb.mediatemple.net/article.php?id=709 The problem is with Hotmail.