Shoaib recalled from Twenty20 WC

zubinpepsi

Reported dressing-room spat with Mohammad Asif Shoaib to be sent home after incident Cricinfo staff September 7, 2007 Shoaib Akhtar is to be sent home from Pakistan's 15-man squad for the ICC World Twenty20 following an incident in which he is said to have struck fellow fast bowler Mohammad Asif on the thigh with a bat. More reports to follow. :eyedance:

Shoaib recalled from Twenty20 WC Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has been recalled from the Twenty20 World Cup after a bust up with team mate Mohammad Asif. More... Shoaib recalled from Twenty20 WC September 07, 2007 12:57 IST Last Updated: September 07, 2007 13:20 IST Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar [Images] has been recalled from the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa after a bust up with team mate Mohammad Asif [Images]. "A decision has been taken to call back Shoaib on the basis of an initial inquiry by the touring team management in South Africa," Shafqat Nagmi, chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board, told Reuters on Friday. The incident took place on Thursday in the team's nets. A team source said a heated argument between the two led to Shoaib striking Asif on the thigh with a bat A team source said that during a heated argument between the two players in the nets at their camp in Benoni, Akhtar had struck Asif on his thigh with a bat. "It developed into a serious altercation and got out of control before the captain, manager and coach intervened," said the source, who declined to be identified. Pakistan, who arrived in Johannesburg from Nairobi on Thursday after winning a four-nation tournament, are in Group D of the Twenty20 World Cup alongside India and Scotland.

I think that must be the best news ever for Pakistan cricket. Nutters like him should not be allowed near the team for ever. Must be a pretty sad day for Indians though Shoaib was so entertaining and he was ensuring Pakistan team always were infighting. The next thing Pakistan should boot Afridi out. He is yet another prima donna. Rest will then fall in place.

I think that must be the best news ever for Pakistan cricket. Nutters like him should not be allowed near the team for ever. Must be a pretty sad day for Indians though Shoaib was so entertaining and he was ensuring Pakistan team always were infighting. The next thing Pakistan should boot Afridi out. He is yet another prima donna. Rest will then fall in place.
He is the least nutty in the whole team. He is gets drunk and does what he wants. He is not a sheep. Unlike the mullah brigade, they are the real nutters
can u imagine, afridi asked for loyaly bonus and PCB infact paid them... bunch of jokers:hysterical:

I think Pakistan's headed Zimbabwe way in cricket. I don't think Pakistan cricket will be able to recover after the blows dealt by the players series after series. But for the Indian series I think Pakistan public will probably lose interest in cricket. If Pakistan is trashed by India in the test and ODI series rest assured cricket will pretty much history for Pakistan.

I think Pakistan's headed Zimbabwe way in cricket. I don't think Pakistan cricket will be able to recover after the blows dealt by the players series after series. But for the Indian series I think Pakistan public will probably lose interest in cricket. If Pakistan is trashed by India in the test and ODI series rest assured cricket will pretty much history for Pakistan.
Arent there two ways to look at it Ravi ? One - This is a disaster. Two - This is an excellent opportunity to reform.
Well i want a full strength pakistan team to come to india and get the beating of their life.. all pak fans willl shut their mouth permanently.. if not they will start giving pommie type of excuses
Arent there two ways to look at it Ravi ? One - This is a disaster. Two - This is an excellent opportunity to reform.
There were many chances in the past for a reform but PCB did nothing but continued to back ill disciplined players like Shoaib and Afridi. I don't reckon PCB is going to change in the near future. Give me one name among Pakistan cricketers you would like to watch? They had Yousuf but he has quit too. They had Inzi but he has quit on them as well. Whom are people going to look up to in Pakistan cricket? Afridi is one player Pakistan would love to watch but there is no surety he is going to be around for long. Afridi is so inconsistent he may not feature after this Twenty20 WC. I can't think of one name that stands out in Pakistan cricket. Younis Khan is the only respectable cricketer in Pakistan with star status but he tends to not be associated too closely with PCB. In fact he didn't even want to lead the team. The last time around he skipped playing Sri Lanka and went on to play for Yorkshire. That shows how much he longs to play for Pakistan. I won't blame him a little though.
I am actually beginning to think Shoaib is some Indian undercover agent sent to Pak just to spoil its cricket team.
SHHHHHH. Sriram, how dare you let these secrets out? The PCB will start putting it together now - WC 2003, the Ind-Pak series 2005 when he limped off etc. The BCCI had paid him to get rid of Asif - he tried by drugging him, and that failed. He now tried physical assault, but has not succeeded. Rumors are that the BCCI is now trying Afridi to replace Shoaib in the undercover role. Watch this space
SHHHHHH. Sriram, how dare you let these secrets out? The PCB will start putting it together now - WC 2003, the Ind-Pak series 2005 when he limped off etc. The BCCI had paid him to get rid of Asif - he tried by drugging him, and that failed. He now tried physical assault, but has not succeeded. Rumors are that the BCCI is now trying Afridi to replace Shoaib in the undercover role. Watch this space
:haha:.. Actually guys, hitting someone with a bit.... Isnt it a criminal offense ? Technically , shouldnt Shoaib be prosecuted for assault ?