Transfer rumours and news thread -- 2013/14

Sidhoni

Milan have been chasing Honda for weeks now but need to sell Robinho, not sure if either deal seems like happening. Spurs apparently on the verge of signing Soldado for 30 Mill!! Far too much, just as Negredo was. But this is a hyper inflated market for strikers. And Soldado is pretty good, even if he is 28. And it seems like Bale wants to leave with Madrid bidding 86 Million for him!! as good as Bale is, Spurs and buy a handful of very good players with that money to replace him

some reports say that Spurs rejected an offer in excess of 70 million for Bale :ohmy:
Well he single handedly wins matches for them so I am not surprised though if this 100 million is true, things will get interesting.
this is still unconfirmed though the possibilities of Fabregas saying yes seem to have increased in the last 2-3 days.
Barca also need to accept which seems unlikely at this stage

Well he single handedly wins matches for them so I am not surprised though if this 100 million is true, things will get interesting. Barca also need to accept which seems unlikely at this stage
IMO anything over 50 (or 60 at the most) million is too much for someone like Bale. the very fact that ManUtd have made/are on the verge of making a 3rd bid means that both Barca and Fabregas have not completely rejected the offer.

spurs have agreed to pay the release clause of Roberto Soldado and will complete a €30 million (£25.9m) deal for the Valencia striker this week. this will be a smart signing,spurs desperately needed a striker meanwhile cesc will meet with new Camp Nou boss Gerardo Martino in the next 48 hours as he seeks assurances over his role amid interest from the Old Trafford outfit

I actually thought that they could try playing Bale through the middle in a front three. I dont think Dembele and Paulinho would work so well as a midfield duo if the play a 4-2-3-1... Paulinho needs a holding player beside hiom so he can bomb forward and get the best out of him... so a 4-3-3 with a Chadli/Bale/Lennon fron three and a Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro midfield... now with Soldado they could play Bale/Soldado/Chadli- BUT Chaldi is best on the left as is Bale though Bale will get a free role pretty much...if- as seems likely- Bale leaves they can really invest in their squad. One the things they struggled with was competing in Europa and EPL last season. Get some good attacking and midfield options with the Bale money...No single player they buy will have the impact Bale had but as a squad they can be much stronger...Loic Remy will be a good singing... If Bale stays it will be... Dembele, Paulinho- Chadli, Bale, Lennon- Soldado

This whole Bale business is a bit craz in my opinion. Bloody 85 million???? He's a talented player but way too overhyped. I don't understand how him and Ronaldo will get along. They are both ball-hogs and they like to take all set-pieces themselves. But if they do get along, Madrid will steam roll the league, Neymar or no Neymar, provided they don't defend like season. Bale and Ronaldo will tear defenses apart. You'll have to double up on both of them and that will in turn allow the likes of Ozil, Isco and Modric all the time and space in the world to split defenses. Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Ozil, Modric, Alonso......way too much talent....for them to not win a major trophy