They want to push Gavaskar against me: Kapil

King

Coming down heavily on I S Bindra for accusing him of chasing money through the Indian Cricket League, Kapil Dev said the former BCCI President was a 'frustrated man talking loud'. More... They want to push Gavaskar against me: Kapil New Delhi, September 7: Coming down heavily on I S Bindra for accusing him of chasing money through the Indian Cricket League (ICL), Kapil Dev said the former BCCI President was a ‘frustrated man talking loud’. "If someone wants to take out personal vendetta, he can talk whatever crap he wants. Bindra is a frustrated man, talking loud," Kapil said reacting to the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) chief's recent tirade against him. "The BCCI members have egos that are very big. See how shamelessly they hang on to power. Bindra becomes the board president and then remains the president of Punjab Cricket Association for years," Kapil told Tehelka. "In Haryana, Ranbir Singh Mahendra remains in power for nearly four decades, even after becoming the board president. Have you ever heard of an Indian President coming back as Chief Minister of the state," he said. Kapil admitted that ICL was more of a money-making venture but insisted that it was also a good initiative aimed at nurturing young talent. "He (Subhash Chandra) loves the game and at the same time wants to make money out of a successful professional venture. I would have done the same. What is wrong with that?" "They blame me for making money. What is wrong if I earn money by joining a professional league? What do these board members do? If a board member goes abroad, he gets almost USD 850 per day, whereas a cricketer like Sourav and Sachin gets a pittance of USD 75. What nonsense is this?" he added. "They wanted to push Sunil Gavaskar against me. Boss, why not get Gavaskar as the BCCI CEO? Why not make Pataudi the President? Why not get Bedi involved? Do not look Gavaskar only as a batting consultant."

Boy, this ICL chapter is going to bring lot of stuff on the surface. Now question is who start to wash the dirty laundry in public first is to be seen. Dont be surprised if we get to hear some horrifying stories from late 70s to early 90s. BCC vs Indian politicians, who do you think are worse?? Now its even hard to separate them after SP taken over BCCI.

"They blame me for making money. What is wrong if I earn money by joining a professional league? What do these board members do? If a board member goes abroad, he gets almost USD 850 per day, whereas a cricketer like Sourav and Sachin gets a pittance of USD 75. What nonsense is this?" he added.
I think Kapil Dev has a point if the above quote is true. I can't understand why a board member should be paid such big sums if they are only there on a charity. From what I understand aren't BCCI members honorary and aren't paid anything?
From what I understand aren't BCCI members honorary and aren't paid anything?
I don't know how true this is, but there was this news once that a certain member had a new year party and charged 1-2 lakhs to the bcci, for alcohol, saying it was 'official entertainment'.