India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

Warner is shite when there is swing. In Australia there are tracks which are flat and he does mostly well there. But dont complain the next time' date=' India are 20/5 in first 10 overs because we load up the side with bashers who dont have any idea of staying at the wicket and building partnerships when the going is tough.[/quote'] lol how much have u watched Dhawan to make that impression?as I said,we need a dasher too at start to make use of powerplays.India are 20/5 anyway due to technical Gambhir.tuk ruk batsmen wont get us anywhere with our poor bowling,we have to take chance with aggresive players

This century against international attack was in flat conditions. England scored close to 300 and Delhi chased it down within 50 overs. Now, I'm not taking anything away from his century but what I'm pointing out is there should be two batsmen who are solid in the top order because there are enough hitters in the side already. What we lack are batsmen who can stay at the wicket when wickets are falling and when conditions are not ideal for batting. Dhawan doesnt seem to fit the bill as his footwork and technique is limited from what I've seen of him.

This century against international attack was in flat conditions. England scored close to 300 and Delhi chased it down within 50 overs. Now, I'm not taking anything away from his century but what I'm pointing out is there should be two batsmen who are solid in the top order because there are enough hitters in the side already. What we lack are batsmen who can stay at the wicket when wickets are falling and when conditions are not ideal for batting. Dhawan doesnt seem to fit the bill as his footwork and technique is limited from what I've seen of him.
yes,Rahane n Pujara are that kind of batsmen,but we dont ALL of them to be like that.we need stroke players too,who can play aggresively n hammer the bowling in powerplays wen the pitch is flat
chand is noooooooooooo way ready
Noooooooo. He is ready. He smashed 120+ n the u19 world cup finals facing 4 aussie pace bowlers who were bowling 140+. He should be selected for Odis. Same thing was said about sehwag when he got selected for idnian team directly form u19 squad. Look what he has achieved over the years. Gauguly would have selected Unmukt right away.
Dhoni won't survive against good pace bowlers in ODIs either if he bats in top 3.
Not true. Dhoni doesnt have a problem with short pitch bowling or consistent bounce. Same with Kohli, Rohit, Sehwag, Yuvraj etc. Their only problem is swing and its a typical problem of most SC batsmen. When India tours overseas, they will make sure to give pitches which have grass in it. Only way to counter that is to have batsmen with good technique who can counter swing.
Not true. Dhoni doesnt have a problem with short pitch bowling or consistent bounce. Same with Kohli' date=' Rohit, Sehwag, Yuvraj etc. Their only problem is swing and its a typical problem of most SC batsmen. When India tours overseas, they will make sure to give pitches which have grass in it. Only way to counter that is to have batsmen with good technique who can counter swing.[/quote'] I agree with that for Tests.I dont think anybody prepares greentop in ODIs nowadays.ODI pitches are quite flat.dont expect greentops in WC
we would.Rahane n Pujara.but if the conditions are flat as expected.we need people to exploit them
They both seem to be test material but do they have any experience batting in conditions which are helpful for seamers ? Their records in FC are also in Indian conditions which are not conducive to swing bowling. This is where some county experience can come in handy but these two guys have none of that. Not just in ODIs, India lost in tests in England and Australia because the batsmen had no clue how to bat when the ball moved around. We will continue to lose there unless the batsmen learn to adapt. What are they doing to rectify this problem ?