Put yourself in Akthar's shoes

If you are a free spirited type. Who wants to enjoy life, have a few drinks, go out and generally live life on the edge. How would you react if surrouned by the mullah briagde and islamic strict ways of living? He wants to live life how he wants but is no doubt condoned and sneered upon and lectured upon for not being islamic enough. Clearly under this oppresive atmosphere in the squad ,he no doubt loses it sometimes ( who wouldnt). To me he is no different to a warne or a flintoff who no doubt enjoy themselves but are not hammered for this by their team mates etc. I have sympathy for Mr Akthar. I would lose it as well if surronded by this 24/7 with people lecturing you on how to live every aspect of your life.

Guest dada_rocks
If you are a free spirited type. Who wants to enjoy life, have a few drinks, go out and generally live life on the edge. How would you react if surrouned by the mullah briagde and islamic strict ways of living? He wants to live life how he wants but is no doubt condoned and sneered upon and lectured upon for not being islamic enough. Clearly under this oppresive atmosphere in the squad ,he no doubt loses it sometimes ( who wouldnt). To me he is no different to a warne or a flintoff who no doubt enjoy themselves but are not hammered for this by their team mates etc. I have sympathy for Mr Akthar. I would lose it as well if surronded by this 24/7 with people lecturing you on how to live every aspect of your life.
Very astute observation brother..:two_thumbs_up:

You say this, but Akthar has had to deal with this cr#p from day 1 of his careerr. No wonder he rebels all the time and fights them. Its the natural instinct to rebel when being told what to do 24/7 by a bunch of hypocricritical fundies. Good going akthar, give them hell and dont conform to what they want you to be in your life. Be your own person and enjoy life!

Guest dada_rocks
Dsr ' date=' you are being intellectually dishonest now. The PCB did make effort to clean up the Mullah brigade by getting rid of Inzi and the manager did sound out that excessive religious posturing in the team will not be tolerated. Guys like Malik , Asif ,YK etc hardly belong to the Mullah brigade.[/quote'] Inzi was given boot keeping the age-old tradition of losing world-cup captain being shown the door.. He lost in first round hence the bigger boot.. it has nothing to do with cleaning the mullah brigade....

There are no excuses for Actaar's behavior. Its not as if he is a Wasim Akram or an Imran Khan or even a Waqar Younis for that matter, to be forgiven for his uncontrolled lunacy. He has hardly done anything significant for Pakistan cricket, but has the temerity to drum himself up as some kinda messiah for Pakistani cricket. For the rest of world he is a dopie, cheat and a chucker, for Pakistan he is an absolute facker. He should have been put in his place after the drug abuse, but was allowed to play by the PCB jokers. Finally his "bad karma" nailed him in the form of Afridi. His exit wont make any difference to Pakistan cricket.

DSR, Akhtar can coform or not, thats his to decide. But, he cannot beat a fellow team mate. If he is upset by something that Asif said, he can report it, but not take a bat and beat him!
Report to whom? The mullahs in charge of the team. We all know whose side they will take. It certainly wont be the non conformist, free spirited, non fundie akthars side. A few years back when the team did team prayers which were basically compulsory. I believe Akthar opted out of many of these. Can anyone confirm? I am sure I read it somewhere.