What a great day today?

King

Awesome, didn't watch much of Twenty20 last night or early this morning but woke up to just see the winning runs scored by Zimboks. This is one spectacular win and now Ponting is a trend setter as for losing against minnows is concerned for Australia. I can't recall any other Aussie captain losing to minnows like Zimboks and Bangladesh during the tenure. Naseer Hussain sounded absolutely happy and stunned. He was rubbing it in on Slater and was loving every minute. Of course Slater looked ashamed and resigned. A start of new season here (Spring) and what better news than to see Aussies hammered by one of the minnows. This is one terrific day for cricket (not Aussie cricket followers). :two_thumbs_up:

Other news to celebrate: Shane Bond got through a full spell unscathed' date=' without any hints of injury. Yay! :D[/quote'] :D I guess he'll be all right for the rest of the tourney. It only requires him to be bowling 4 overs a day which should be pretty easy. In fact he can bowl his best in his 4 overs and will not need to hold any punches.

I'm shocked, albeit pleasantly!! I went to bed after watching the Aussies being bundled for 138. But I thought Zim won't be able to score even 50 on that damp pitch. But they scored 139 runs and that too in less number of deliveries than Aussies!! Well done Zim!!!:wtg: I saw the other two matches yesterday as well and it just goes on to underline the importance of good fielding in this format. Scots are going to be very competitive and India needs to be wary!!

We will wallop Scotland ' date=' both front and back.[/quote'] MM, I think they are a terrific fielding unit and have good bowlers too. It was just the ferocious bowling of Umar Gul and clever variations of Afridi which stopped them from scoring 171 runs!! India doesn't have as good bowling though its fielding should not be worse than Pak. We need to be very careful here.
We will wallop Scotland ' date=' both front and back.[/quote']
MM, I think they are a terrific fielding unit and have good bowlers too. It was just the ferocious bowling of Umar Gul and clever variations of Afridi which stopped them from scoring 171 runs!! India doesn't have as good bowling though its fielding should not be worse than Pak. We need to be very careful here.
Sriram seems to be on a high after seeing Pathan is back :teeth_smile: In these 20-20 where strength and athleticism is paramount, it may be India that is getting whooped! :cry_smile: Not talking abt Scotland match in particular, but the tournament in general.
In these 20-20 where strength and athleticism is paramount, it may be India that is getting whooped! :cry_smile: Not talking abt Scotland match in particular, but the tournament in general.
The oldest guy in our squad is 29 years old ( Agarkar) and he isnt a bad fielder either. All the usual suspects spoiling our fielding are gone.
It's not much superior TBH. Having said that IND will be fine as long as they don't go in to the game with a timid approach(kind of what we saw from one or two of the PAK batsmen).
We have three world class batsman in the squad - Yuvraj, Dhoni and Sehwag. Pak has had to fall back on the trio of Nazir-Hafeez-Butt. These guys havent yet shown that they can be consistent in world cricket. Having said that , its quite irrelevant because , 20/20 is a bit of a lottery.
Chandan ' date=' you cant even compare [b']India's batting and Pak's line-up. Scotland has no hope in hell to be competitive against us.
Sehwag Uthappa Gambhir Yuvraj Rohit Dhoni Pathan Bhajji Chawla Sree RPS?? Or would you fit in Joginder anywhere in the line-up? We need three good pacers to bowl 12 overs!
We have three world class batsman in the squad - Yuvraj, Dhoni and Sehwag. MM , Sehwag in recent times hasn't done any thing in limited over matches to be consisdered even close to world class.
These guys havent yet shown that they can be consistent in world cricket. Having said that , its quite irrelevant because , 20/20 is a bit of a lottery.
Same thing with many of the Indian batsmen.