A Star on the Horizon !

Ram

Yup , I am talking about Brendan Taylor. Was mightily impressed with him today. His innnings was remarkably well- constructed. In the opening 5-6 overs , he barely hit an attacking shot , dabbing the ball around the cover region and picking up the singles while letting his partners at the other end go for it. And when it was time to up the ante , he went after Hodge and Bracken in two overs right after the rain-break. This was actually an example of a superbly planned and constructed innings in 20/20 cricket ,something you wont come across often. And I heard that he kept brilliantly too. And thats not all - He is just 21 ! Kudos to Taylor , Well played ! :congrats:

He is a big hitter of the ball and thrives under pressure. I remember him hitting a six off the final ball in an ODI against Banglastan when ZIM needed 5 runs to win. In a situation like that, it doesn't matter who the bowler or the opposition is - hitting a six off the final ball when 5 are needed is simply unheard of. He played some very good knocks against SA recently. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a potential "star" but he is certainly one to watch out for.