Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

Plus would love to get your insight into this performance. I'm sure you will find a way to run down Dhoni's 76* at Lord's in 2007-08 in the 1st Test which India managed to save by a wkt thanks to Dhoni's knock which helped us to win the series 1-0 in England after a gap of 22 years. Surely that should count, shouldn't it? I am alluding to the following Test... http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/258468.html
:hysterical::hysterical: That's a decent innings at best given how Pietersen, Panesar, and Vaughan were bowling the last 10 overs because light had excluded pace bowling. And he was not kaptaan then.
I will. First answer the question that given a choice between facing the '83 line up of WI away from home and the '11 line up of SL at home' date=' which would you prefer?[/quote'] No matter whom I prefer I wouldn't call whichever captain wins the WC final as the "worst captain we ever had" :giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical: That's a decent innings at best given how Pietersen, Panesar, and Vaughan were bowling the last 10 overs because light had excluded pace bowling. And he was not kaptaan then.
But Dhoni faced nearly 160 balls and Panesar actually took 2 wkts there and wasn't exactly a gimme. Are you saying anyone could have done that and Dhoni played all the deliveries from Vaughan/KP? Between here's the bowling for that innings... Where's KP? Did you even watch the game :giggle: RJ Sidebottom 19 4 42 2 2.21 JM Anderson 25 4 83 2 3.32 (2w) CT Tremlett 21 5 52 3 2.47 (1nb) MS Panesar 26 7 63 2 2.42 PD Collingwood 1 0 6 0 6.00 MP Vaughan 4 0 18 0 4.50
But Dhoni faced nearly 160 balls and Panesar actually took 2 wkts there and wasn't exactly a gimme. Are you saying anyone could have done that and Dhoni played all the deliveries from Vaughan/KP? Between here's the bowling for that innings... Where's KP? Did you even watch the game :giggle: RJ Sidebottom 19 4 42 2 2.21 JM Anderson 25 4 83 2 3.32 (2w) CT Tremlett 21 5 52 3 2.47 (1nb) MS Panesar 26 7 63 2 2.42 PD Collingwood 1 0 6 0 6.00 MP Vaughan 4 0 18 0 4.50
Oh I don't go to stats guru to make every statement in detail. But go and check stats guru and you will find the last 50+ deliveries were by Panesar and Vaughan - lethal combo in overcast conditions. :hysterical:
Ponting won two of them' date=' still he is widely considered worst captain for Australia in recent times.[/quote'] Errr... he's not the "worst captain Aus ever had" though. I'm not saying Dhoni's the best we ever had, I'm simply trying to understand how come he's the "worst captain we ever had".
Sure' date=' by the same logic as KP was bowling in that 2nd innings I'm sure :haha: I'm still awaiting response for how winning at home is actually so easy when nobody else has done it :dontknow:[/quote'] Why are you having such a tough time answering which opposition was more difficult - WI at Lords or SL at Bombay?
Oh I don't go to stats guru to make every statement in detail. But go and check stats guru and you will find the last 50+ deliveries were by Panesar and Vaughan - lethal combo in overcast conditions. :hysterical:
If it was so easy to play out Panesar how come nobody else could and he got 2 wkts :dontknow: And Vaughan only bowled 4 overs so how come Dhoni top scored and played 160 balls in "overcast" conditions from them? I mean didn't he play out more than a session facing Eng pacers in helpful "overcast" conditions or did he only bat against Panesar and Vaughan? Between if you make up stuff from ur @$$ and are called out, then maybe you should go to statsguru.
If it was so easy to play out Panesar how come nobody else could and he got 2 wkts :dontknow: And Vaughan only bowled 4 overs so how come Dhoni top scored and played 160 balls in "overcast" conditions from them? I mean didn't he play out more than a session facing Eng pacers in helpful "overcast" conditions or did he only bat against Panesar and Vaughan? Between if you make up stuff from ur @$$ and are called out, then maybe you should go to statsguru.
I am writing a petition to include it in the top 100 Wisden innings.
Sri Lanka won the WC when they were co hosts. Now answer my question please?
err.. Sl won in Pakistan, not SL. Or do you want me to show that Dhoni has been the only captain to win at home? Or is it the same "Dhoni faced KP at Lord's fact" :giggle:
I am writing a petition to include it in the top 100 Wisden innings.
After being called out, this is the best you could come up with :haha: I mean you asked me to come up with examples where Dhoni performed and I gave you 4-5 earlier in the thread which most people would agree are good enough. Now I come up with another and you claim Dhoni didn't do anything special as he only played KP and Panesar. When shown that KP didn't bowl and Dhoni actually faced 160 deliveries to save the match, most by pacers this is the response :haha:
Just checked the scorecard - according to U_G Panesar with match figures of 2/100 and one top order wicket was a real threat right up the alley of Marshall. :hysterical:
According to the "intellectually honest" chap here Dhoni only faced KP and Panesar in that innings :hysterical: I'm sure since KP didn't bowl, so Dhoni must have exclusively faced Panesar in that innings. Sure KP was so intimidating that innings that his name doesn't even figure in the bowling scorecard :giggle: