Has IPL destroyed Murali Vijay & Ajinkya Rahane?

Vivek.S.123

^^^^ there we go the usual rant of ' need to be just fit and have tailunt' did i ever question rahanes 'tailunt' he is not muscular, being muscular is important in sport. he is not all the sportsman that he can be because he is not muscular enough. But i think he is below average in muscularity even for smaller batsmen. Sachin_Bangalore_PTI.jpgAustralia+Training+Session+lLrMgIjtUAMl.jpgRahul-Dravid-Anil-Kumble.jpgA-future-Brian-Lara-may-b-002.jpg111712.2.jpg36637_453858608018698_929868289_n.jpgTH19_DHONI_506139e.jpgmd0nGhcgjhh.jpg

IPL is a poor excuse. Smith' date=' Faf Plesis, ABDV, Steyn, Morkel all play IPL and yet SA are no 1 and doing well.[/quote'] I dont agree to the OP's point. But your examples are wrong, all the players you mentioned were international stars before IPL and are well established and experienced. You cannot compare their adaptation and mentality to youngsters who win plum IPL contracts before doing anything internationaly.
I dont agree to the OP's point. But your examples are wrong' date= all the players you mentioned were international stars before IPL and are well established and experienced. You cannot compare their adaptation and mentality to youngsters who win plum IPL contracts before doing anything internationaly.
Francois Du Plessis was an international star before IPL?
Rohit and Vilander' date=' you guys just like to fap to muscular cricketers, dont you? And hence you are disappointed in Rahane's physique?[/quote'] seriously mtc.. "you too brutus" 23802513.jpg here we go.. i dont know about you but i do not find muscular men attractive, so never bothered about this angle.. :two_thumbs_up: but yeah rahane is a bean pole and a very short one at that.
That makes him an international star?
But his case doesn't support the OP. OP believes that playing in the IPL has led to inability to play in tests while Faf has done well in the IPL still has managed to do well in test matches. And with the kind of potential he has, it won't be long before he becomes a international star.
But his case doesn't support the OP. OP believes that playing in the IPL has led to inability to play in tests while Faf has done well in the IPL still has managed to do well in test matches. And with the kind of potential he has' date=' it won't be long before he becomes a international star.[/quote'] There are 2 factors: 1. du Plessis toughed it out in domestic cricket and scored tons of first class runs, after his pretty ordinary start in FC cricket. 2. He is still far from being an international star. A few innings at the start of your career don't mean much. Test cricket is littered with players fading off after promising starts.
There are 2 factors: 1. du Plessis toughed it out in domestic cricket and scored tons of first class runs, after his pretty ordinary start in FC cricket. 2. He is still far from being an international star. A few innings at the start of your career don't mean much. Test cricket is littered with players fading off after promising starts.
I agree. I was just saying that he may as well turn out to be one if fulfills his potential.

The problem with fans and the BCCI is that if a guy plays some lovely cover drives pleasing to the eye , we call him a "great talent".. I still remember how gavaskar was going on and on about how "beautiful" it would be if vijay and rohit sharma shared a big partnership. To be frank , i never believed vijay had good technique even when he was scoring well.. I would prefer guys like badri , jaffer , tiwart.. Ugly but gets the job done...

MTC said all the players including Faf Du Plessis were "international stars" before IPL' date=' so it's wrong to club him with Indian domestic players. I queried on his assertion. Your point?[/quote'] My point is that du Plessis was not an international star before IPL and neither is he one currently. He was not an international failure before or after either. To use him as an example of the effect of IPL either way is wrong.