HOLY MOLEY !!!!......INDIA CAN WIN THIS SERIES !!!!

Re: HOLY MOLEY !!!!......INDIA CAN WIN THIS SERIES !!!! TBP, I didn't mention Sri's name did I? I have more than one connection in Indian cricket :hic: It was from an Indian cricketer that quote and I merely posted here. It is not like he is absolutely right and he may not have gone through cricket stats but he quotes from his experience.

Re: HOLY MOLEY !!!!......INDIA CAN WIN THIS SERIES !!!!

England comes to mind. Anyway, here is how I see it. Indian Win: 80 RSA Win: 10 Draw: 10 Lets see what happens.
I know you too well to accept that you believe in those figures, Gambo. :hic: I know you are hoping for a fairytale finish, but your mind says otherwise. Right?

Re: HOLY MOLEY !!!!......INDIA CAN WIN THIS SERIES !!!! Princy, India's record outside the subcontinent will be better than other all other team's record in the subcontinent. Fact is, that besides Australia all other teams find it very difficult to win tests away from home and India has done as well as any other team over the last few years except Australia.

Maaaan it's people like you who think that there is nothing wrong that cause India to be where it is. There is nothing like a blind man who is really BLIND ! Perhaps India has enjoyed batting pace in South Africa, the West Indies and Australia ???.
I don't think Gambit's assertion was that India perform brilliantly away from home. His point was that India have improved significantly in overseas tests - which is true. Since '01, India have won 13 tests away from home - 1 more than England, 2 more than SA, 8 more than NZ. They have won tests in 9 countries - a feat which hasnt been matched by all test teams, bar Australia. For a team which was once renowned as easy prey away from home; they have done superbly to dispel that myth in the post-millenium era, and their record compares favourably with ANY other team. I also think your perception of Indian cricket is completely off the mark;
Ravi..........you guys have to change the pitch conditions in India. That's the only way you will teach the next Sourav Ganguly how to handle the bouncing ball, or V. Sehwag to move his feet. It's like a catch 22 - India goes back home and wins, everyone forgets the overseas losses and nothing is done.
India have won more matches overseas than they have at home. The results contradict almost everything you are saying. The pitches have already undergone some serious changes; higlighted by the decline in the average first innings score (Ranji trophy) since '00 - when it was 320, down to 279 - which it was last season. Seamers periodically top of the wicket-taking charts ahead of spinners now. These changes are indicative of the paradigm shift observed in FC cricket recently. The next generation of Indian batsmen will be even better equipped to score overseas.

Re: HOLY MOLEY !!!!......INDIA CAN WIN THIS SERIES !!!! In this century, India have played 32 tests at home winning 14 and losing 7. They have played 40 tests away winning 14 and losing 14. Compare the away performances with: Pak: 12 wins 13 losses WI: 5 wins 29 losses :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: NZ: 7 wins 10 losses Eng: 14 wins 17 losses RSA: 13 wins 15 losses SL: 10 wins 15 losses So as per my assertion, India have outperformed EACH AND EVERY TEAM bar Australia away from home. Now outside the subcon: They have played 28 tests winning 8 and losing 10. Not great but given their past record, a great achievement. Compare this with Pak (6 wins 12 losses) and SL(4 wins 11 losses). You are now dismissed. Next time instead of blowing hot air, do some research!

Gambo.........pl. give us the percentages i.e Matches Lost overseas over Matches played ?? Thanks BTW, I find it funny that you use No. 8 WI as a comparison when India have been calling themselves the No. 2 side in recent years,
You are windies fan as such that will be the comparison.