India cant beat SAF

zubinpepsi

I think our batting lineup is good enuff to navigate Saffie bowling. 185 will be a good target to set. But we have been leaking too many runs on the field, thanks to some retarded medium pacers and butter finger fieldsmen. We cant improve our fielding overnite, but can surely do something about our bowling. Leaking 200 runs against an English team, which struggled to score 150 against other opponents is worrisome.

Are you confusing with Morkel Yoda? By the by I do rate Ntini and if he is playing we need to be careful with him.
:haha: it was ntini. checked his stats. nothing impressive so far. he has played 3 out of the 4 games so far with just a single wicket and 9.8 RPO.

South Africa's bowling attack is NO GREAT SHAKES. They have been a soft touch at times (as the Windies proved) and if Pollock is somehow neutralised, the rest follow suit. India's best bet would be bowl first, restrict SA to under 200 and then chase it down. India's bowling attack simply isn't good enough to contain this powerful and lengthy South African batting lineup. The batsmen MUST TAKE CHARGE. Sehwag has gotten his act together lately, and so has Gambhir but since this is the biggie - they MUST fire against Pollock and Morkel. A top order collapse won't afford India the chance to score enough runs in order to win the match. India's fate rests on how well the top order performs. ...and yes, SPINNERS. India need to drop one of the seamers for Yusuf Pathan.

If we see off Shaun Pollock we should be good. Me thinks this game(against Saffers) may actually be greatly different to our past games against them. It could be just the optimist in me kicking in, but I also think that with SRT missing we dont have this problem of a walking wicket against SA. In recent past it always seemed like Pollock took out SRT with much ease. Of course it remains to be seen how rest of them(specially Sehwag, Uthappa, Yuvi, Dhoni) take to SA bowlers but the exuberance of youth might prove all its detractors wrong. Oh and we need to play Bhajji and Chawla both. Sit out Joginder Sharma. xxx
SRT was the highest scorer in the last series against southafrica.. and we won that series.. i think some one shud retire now .. from posting
By dividing the number of runs scored at the time of his dismissal by the total number of innings dismissed by Pollock.
So basically it means Sachin on an average scored 5.5 runs before dismissed by Pollock in last 50 innings. Then how come his average in the same games(last 30 innings against SA) is about 31? Did I miss something here?
So basically it means Sachin on an average scored 5.5 runs before dismissed by Pollock in last 50 innings.
Only in the innings Pollock dismissed him. So it records only the 9 instances when he was dismissed by Pollock with no inclusion of the 41 innings in which he was not. The only thing meaningful to be drawn from it is that when Pollock has dismissed him he has dismissed him cheaply which would be true for most opening batsman - opening bowler pairs.
Only in the innings Pollock dismissed him. So it records only the 9 instances when he was dismissed by Pollock with no inclusion of the 41 innings in which he was not. The only thing meaningful to be drawn from it is that when Pollock has dismissed him he has dismissed him cheaply which would be true for most opening batsman - opening bowler pairs.
that is indeed an absurd stat then.