15 bikers beat up war veteran in a fit of road rage

Gambit

15 bikers beat up war veteran in a fit of road rage Deborah Grey / CNN-IBN time_icon.pngPublished on Thursday , September 20, 2007 at 01:33 in Nation section tag_icon.pngTags: Road Rage, Mumbai , Mumbai Mumbai: The last thing 59-year-old Suresh Sharma, a former army brigadier, expected in retirement years was to be caught in hand-to-hand combat in his own neighbourhood. But that's just what happened on Monday night when the Vir Chakra award winner was on his way back from a temple in the area. A group of 15 allegedly drunk, bike-riding youths dangeroursly over took his car and when the brigadier's wife rolled down the window to chide them about their driving, the boys reacted by abusing her. They then stopped their bikes in front of the car and the result was a scuffle which left the brigadier bruised and bandaged. "One of the boys snatched my key, opened my side of the door and another boxed my left eye. I tried to fight them off, but they were too many of them," says he. The police claim to have made some headway in the case though. Says Assistant Commissioner of Police, Navi Mumbai, Vijay Surya, "Five of fthe people have been detained and we will find out who else was involved." However, the residents at Defence Enclave, Jal Vayu Vihar in Navi Mumbai are not satisfied and are now contemplating setting up an action comittee of their own. Says Brigadier Sharma's wofe, Geeta Sharma, "These incidents are happening too regularly and we are setting up a committee that will put pressure on the administration and the police to take swift action." So until the police act to bring all the culprits to book, Brigadier Sharma, a war veteran, will have to live with not just the scars of the wounds sustained on Monday night, but also with the painful knowledge that it wasn't the enemy, but some ungrateful boys who brought him to this state. http://www.ibnlive.com/news/15-bikers-beat-up-war-veteran-in-a-fit-of-road-rage/48979-3.html

man my only regret was not being there... i would have absolutely loved to jump in the middle throwing a fist there, a kick there. i have been in fights where the odds are stacked against you and had my share of bloody fists, bruises and the occassional fracture but its all worth it. i cant stand it when tyrants and wimps try to overwhelm a citizen with sheer numbers.

Guest dada_rocks
Fu**king Bastards !!! The Brig should've just shot 'em all in the knees the punks !!
In that case we wud have been discussing how cruel army jawans are:haha:

Guest dada_rocks

:two_thumbs_up: Finally we agree on something, no nonesensical court kachahari instant justice..:giggle:

Keep it simple - Maaro saalon ko.

:two_thumbs_up: Finally we agree on something' date=' no nonesensical court kachahari instant justice..:giggle:[/quote'] Court kachahari ka jhamela kyun?? There might have been a case had the Brigadier picked some fight with a neighbour or someone he knew say. What are the odds of a retired Brig. picking a fight with 15 bikers for any personal agenda? Nil I say. Maaro saalon ko.

Guest dada_rocks
Court kachahari ka jhamela kyun?? There might have been a case had the Brigadier picked some fight with a neighbour or someone he knew say. What are the odds of a retired Brig. picking a fight with 15 bikers for any personal agenda? Nil I say. Maaro saalon ko.
aapko maloom nahin hai janaab log kaise kaise cut and dry cases mein not guilty pleade karte hain.. kabhi kabhi to supreme court ke verdict ke baad bhi not guilty rahta hai :cantstop:

This happens so often, not sure if they are plain crazy or just frustrated. Must be some real ghaatis! --- Pain killer - I would agree to your spirit of mumbai thing but IMO, no one would like to be caught in the crossfire with 14 drunk guys on a rampage