Why Tendulkar must retire now

^ So Favre = Tendulkar? I am not a big NFL fan but I am sure when you bring this up in office tomorrow no work will get done because people would be laughing the entire day.
Maybe most TDs and most wins as a NFL player doesn't qualify for him to be in the same category as Tendulkar who happens to have most runs and most tons :giggle: As I said earlier, after looking at Favre's accomplishments how exactly are the stats in Martyn or Bevan ballpark? Maybe do one thing... check with one of your friends/colleagues and ask him about Favre before commenting. And yeah you don't need to mention about you not being a NFL fan, I got that when you said Favre is comparable to Martyn or Bevan when one player who mirrors Tendulkar's career in football, it's Favre. Favre has all the individual records related to longevity just like Tendulkar.
Actually the standing of Favre in Football is as tall as Tendulkar's in cricket' date=' and very much comparable. I will let the rest of the debate continue.[/quote'] Thank you and if you can also comment on most passing yards & most passing TDs in comparison to most Test runs & most Test 100s.

A little bit of a digression, of all the accomplishments of Favre the one I am sure he is most proud of would be the most consecutive starts for a QB in NFL history, in a mans game in every sense of it, while playing the toughest position.

^ Tendulkar was the standout batsman for one full decade' date=' so much so that the greatest player of all time - a reticent person - met him personally to talk about his game. Please tell me a ten year period when Favre was the standout player in NFL or even in the top 3?[/quote'] Here you go... Favre has received several awards including :- - 3× Associated Press Most Valuable Player (MVP) (1995, 1996, and 1997; the last shared with Barry Sanders). - 11× Pro Bowl selection. - 6× First- or Second-team All-Pro selection - Named to the NFL 1990s All-Decade Team Will his selection in NFL 1990s All-Decade team do when he played alongside likes of John Elway and Steven Young in 90s? Pls check Favre's career in detail and you will see it mirrored Tendulkar's in NFL. The guy was a stats machine owning nearly every passing record in NFL. Peyton Manning is the only one who can close to touching his individual stats but that's it.
A little bit of a digression' date=' of all the accomplishments of Favre the one I am sure he is most proud of would be the most consecutive starts for a QB in NFL history, in a mans game in every sense of it, while playing the toughest position.[/quote'] Rightly so! Playing nearly 200 straight games is no mean feat and is the record which is most likely to remain for a long long time.
Thank you and if you can also comment on most passing yards & most passing TDs in comparison to most Test runs & most Test 100s.
Personally speaking the TD's and passing yards, are two of the metrics widely used on top of the QB rating and most wins while rating QB's in NFL, just as the total runs, average, tons in cricket. In that regard Favre certainly ranks right at the top in most of those categories just as Tendulkar in his sport.
All Decade team? Is this a joke? Tendulkar regularly gets selected in all time XIs and was done so even by Bradman. All Decade team. :laugh:
You have no clue about NFL/football do you? Getting into that all decade team meant he had to be better than likes of John Elway and Steve Young. He was MVP 3 years in 90s which again any NFL fan would know what it means. As I said earlier go check with any NFL/football fan to know what Favre means to the sport. Having followed both cricket and NFL for a long time I can only compare Tendulkar to 2 players - Peyton Manning & Brett Favre and neither is a poor comparison as you are making it out to be. Both Favre & Manning are greats of NFL/football just as Tendulkar is in cricket, and yeah Favre is not the same as Martyn or Bevan in cricket. Favre was as dominant in football in 90s as Tendulkar was at his peak for a decade.
Personally speaking the TD's and passing yards' date=' are two of the metrics widely used on top of the QB rating and most wins while rating QB's in NFL, just as the total runs, average, tons in cricket. In that regard Favre certainly ranks right at the top in most of those categories just as Tendulkar in his sport.[/quote'] Thanks once again! Just wanted to prove Favre & Tendulkar are comparable across NFL & cricket and Favre is no Martyn or Bevan of football. The guy has more passing yards, more passing TDs and more wins in NFL than any other QB and he's being compared to Martyn and Bevan :giggle:

And one more thing about Favre is in the 90's when 49ers were a perennial contender and GB had to get past them, it was Favre's QB play and leadership that finally put them over the hump and won the Super Bowl for GB after almost 3 decades. He had won many big games for them, and had the knack of winning many a game from the jaws of defeat. Of course the down side to that would be, he also cost some games with his untimely interceptions and what not, but net net he is one of the biggest winners and toughest competitors the game of football has ever seen. To me without a doubt he is a giant of the sport, much like Sachin is in his sport.

If you guys actually want to draw up an analogy with Tendulkar draw it up with Michael Jordan, Usain Bolt, Jessee Owens, Federer. It's lunacy to compare Tendulkar as a sportsperson to someone like Favre and Thompson. Good night. :bye:
Do you even know that Thompson is not really a football player? So you make all this argument when you don't know jack shyte about NFL and are calling my arguments a joke :hysterical: If you don't know anything keep quiet rather than argue needlessly and looking like a fool :giggle: Favre compared to Martyn/Bevan and Thompson a football player! :haha: One last thing... likes of Jordan and Bolt can be compared to Bradman, not Tendulkar coz they are the very best in their respective sports. As proven above Favre actually is pretty much at the same level as Tendulkar, maybe slightly better coz he has the most wins in his sport.
And one more thing about Favre is in the 90's when 49ers were a perennial contender and GB had to get past them' date=' it was Favre's QB play and leadership that finally put them over the hump and won the Super Bowl for GB after almost 3 decades. He had won many big games for them, and had the knack of winning many a game from the jaws of defeat. Of course the down side to that would be, he also cost some games with his untimely interceptions and what not, but net net he is one of the biggest winners and toughest competitors the game of football has ever seen. To me without a doubt he is giant of the sport, much like Sachin is in his sport.[/quote'] Tell this to the guy who thinks Favre is a Damien Martyn of football :giggle:

Anyhow all these comparisons across sports is kind of a futile exercise. But to me Tendulkar is a stat king, I would never compare him to Michael Jordan who was the biggest winner there is in team sport, upping the ante when it counted the most like in a NBA finals and winning each of the finals he was in (six), primarily with his play and presence. Of course I am keeping Tiger, Phelps etc out of this given that they are part of an individual sport.

Anyhow all these comparisons across sports is kind of a futile exercise. But to me Tendulkar is a stat king' date=' I would never compare him to Michael Jordan who was the biggest winner there is in team sport, upping the ante when it counted the most like in a NBA finals and winning each of the finals he was in (six), primarily with his play and presence. Of course I am keeping Tiger, Phelps etc out of this given that they are part of an individual sport.[/quote'] That's the exact reason why I compared Tendulkar to Favre. Both have records & stats based on longevity but didn't do much as a winner in team sports. That's why Jordan, Bolt etc. can't be compared to Tendulkar.
Anyhow all these comparisons across sports is kind of a futile exercise. But to me Tendulkar is a stat king' date=' I would never compare him to Michael Jordan who was the biggest winner there is in team sport, upping the ante when it counted the most like in a NBA finals and winning each of the finals he was in (six), primarily with his play and presence. Of course I am keeping Tiger, Phelps etc out of this given that they are part of an individual sport.[/quote'] Maradonna