"India will win." - Dada

Holysmoke

KOLKATA: Johannesburg, the venue of today’s World Twenty20 final between India and Pakistan, is significant for Sourav Ganguly. It is here that he cemented his place in the Indian team on his comeback last year. It is here where he led India in the 2003 World Cup final against Australia. It is here where he has no doubts over India’s ability to overcome Pakistan. In fact, the former captain feels India WILL win. “We are the favourites, we are ahead of Pakistan,†Ganguly told Mid DAY yesterday. I am confident of the team’s success in the final because we have dominated throughout. Those wins against England and South Africa were superlative efforts and to beat a heavyweight like Australia was wonderful,†said Ganguly. Meanwhile, former captain Rahul Dravid sent a message for the team: “I wish them all the best. They are playing very well and it should be a great final. I am really looking forward to watching it.†And it will be watched, after all, Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s captaincy has been a huge factor. Ganguly, his first captain in international cricket, could only agree. “He’s a marvellous captain. I didn’t realise that he had such skills. He is great with his calmness in tight situations. His body language is just right,†said Ganguly. As for Yuvraj, who fashioned India’s ascendancy in the tournament, Ganguly remarked: “He is playing true to his calibre. He’s a class act.â€

No Old Legs and weak arms of Dada..... we have a good chance... man..it was so embarrassing to see Pommies getting 2 instead of 1, 3 instead of 2..whenever ball went towards Ganguly.. i think RTI should apply on BCCI as well.. we should have the right to know how much our players are fit..and how do they fare in fitness tests..and who comes first and who comes last... :D

Crappy journalism. Where does Ganguly say that India WILL win ? Anyway, in the event of an Indian victory; i can see the mongs on the old board claiming that Ganguly's words were what inspired them prior to this final
There is a set of such mongs on all boards I guess. They are called the Dada-worshippers :hysterical:
If Ganguly were playing ' date=' we would have scored 200. Ofrcourse , his fielding means that Pak would be overcome that target in 10 overs is an entirely different matter.[/quote'] Yep, India would have definitely scaled 200 if Ganguly were playing. He wouldn't have survived for more than an over, and as a result - the Indian batsmen would have had plenty of time to smash 200 - although 5 balls less from the 20 overs (Ganguly would have made 0 off 5). Now that he isn't playing, India will score 250