A big thank you to the holy trinity

Gambit

Between Dravid' date= SRT & Ganguly only one inform player will play in my team. For now it is SRT. I'd risk a Sehwag before Dravid or a Ganguly for the Aussie ODIs. Its unlikely that Dravid or Ganguly will play an impactful innings against them.
And I wouldnt mind that, except I will go with Dravid. Granted his batting sucks as of now but I do think he has a lot more in his tank than SRT does. On an aside note I am not reading too much against this Aussie side. Their bowling with Clarke, Johnson, Lee, Clark, Symonds is hardly going to be world class on Indian pitches. The tricky part would be Aussie batting. xx

I hope BCCI lets Gambhir, Uthappa and Rohit Sharma play in the ODIs against Australia. They could use the experience. Aussies will come hard at us and most likely it will be a rout scenario with a scoreline line 6-1 or 5-2 at optimistic best.

And I wouldnt mind that, except I will go with Dravid. Granted his batting sucks as of now but I do think he has a lot more in his tank than SRT does. On an aside note I am not reading too much against this Aussie side. Their bowling with Clarke, Johnson, Lee, Clark, Symonds is hardly going to be world class on Indian pitches. The tricky part would be Aussie batting. xx
Its the same bowling lineup (if you replace Clarke with McGrath who are similar type of bowlers) we struggled against in the ICC CT & Malaysian triseries. We lose it in our head long before the game begins when the opponents are Aussies. Thats why I want the fearless Sehwag to play ahead of any of the big three.
I hope BCCI lets Gambhir' date= Uthappa and Rohit Sharma play in the ODIs against Australia. They could use the experience. Aussies will come hard at us and most likely it will be a rout scenario with a scoreline line 6-1 or 5-2 at optimistic best.
Dont forget Pathan, both of them really. YK came in finals and scored 15 in 8 bowled 1 over for 5 runs. Not bad at all eh? And what bout Joginder Sharma?? Weakest link in Indian team and still managed to keep his cool in last over...twice. Too many headaches for BCCI..I am loving it :dance:
Its the same bowling lineup (if you replace Clarke with McGrath who are similar type of bowlers) we struggled against in the ICC CT & Malaysian triseries. We lose it in our head long before the game begins when the opponents are Aussies. Thats why I want the fearless Sehwag to play ahead of any of the big three.
Right on brother. Which is also why I am not too keen on SRT. In his recent encounters he has lost mental battle against McGrath and Pollock and chose to grind it out there and in process got India r@ped. What we need is full-steam-ahead-and-damn-the-torpedoes atitude of a Sehwag or a Uthappa. SRT should concentrate in test now. xx
The only senior players in the entire world to make a mature' date=' thoughtful decision and lo behold their country won the cup.[/quote'] I hope you're not suggesting that senior players stepping aside could help a team's success. I mean, if England's Dad's Army had stepped aside and robbed us of the opportunity to see Darren Maddy and Jeremy Snape at international level, I don't think they'd have done any better. :D
No way. Remember' date=' India are at home. A 4-3 series victory isn't out of the question. It definitely won't be as one sided as you may think.[/quote'] I certainly hope you are right but having lost to India in the semis, they'll be itching for revenge. I am expecting a response along these lines (albeit that was in tests and we have a ODI series against Aus) http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/60513.html But if you think about it, ODIs then were what 20-20 is now - just pyjama chaddi cricket stuff which no one took seriously - but the loss did hurt the W.Indies.