A big thank you to the holy trinity

Gambit

for opting out of this tournament and letting us discover what Rohit Sharma was capable of and letting Yuvi blossom as he carried the mantle of the team's best bat. Very classy gesture from the big 3 as I have no doubt the selectors would have picked them for this had they not made their intentions not to play public. Compare this to our padosee nation where Yousuf threw his toys out of his pram and ran to ICL after being ignored and Razzaq became the n-th Pak cricketer to announce retirement and whine like a bia@tch when he wasn't selected. :hysterical:

Not gonna give credit to them when they do not need any. They should just shut their shops and fade slowly in oblivion. Atleast Gangs and SRT. I still think Dravid can shape a comeback but not sure how comfortable he would be in a young dominated team. Look at it this way. After what Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma have done is it fair to leave them out of team? If not who do you drop?? Has to be one of the dinasaurs. Tough but true.

ICFers....Stopp your Sachu hatred noww.... Look how much team player he is....always ready to give his hundred percent all the time. Just watched him and how appreciative he is. Listen people --- Players like Sachu are not born in every generation....We are priviledged that we can see Sachu batting during our time. Plzzz show some respect to Sachu...:isalute::isalute:

Not gonna give credit to them when they do not need any. They should just shut their shops and fade slowly in oblivion. Atleast Gangs and SRT. I still think Dravid can shape a comeback but not sure how comfortable he would be in a young dominated team. Look at it this way. After what Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma have done is it fair to leave them out of team? If not who do you drop?? Has to be one of the dinasaurs. Tough but true.
someone gone brain fart hereeeee.. u ll see soon who bites the dust.. give some respect for someone who has given his soul and heart to cricketttt.. hes 34 and still matching up with youngsters and playing way above themmm......
Not gonna give credit to them when they do not need any.
agreed, none of the big 3 dont deserve credit...
They should just shut their shops and fade slowly in oblivion. Atleast Gangs and SRT. I still think Dravid can shape a comeback but not sure how comfortable he would be in a young dominated team.
We had the so called young brigade a year ago...Greg chappell came in with mission 2007 and in the end he used most of the same team that was used in 2003. 5 matches with 20 overs an innings...and these ppl should become permanent replacements for SRT, Gangs and Rahul. Now that looks crazy. Give them more opportunities, yes...but ask the big 3 to retire, not yet mate...not yet....
I think the big three should only concentrate on tests.....leave the rest to the youngsters.We need to build a new team....
For the most part, yes - agreed. Big 3 should be rotated in ODIs - only 2 out of 3 should play for each ODI against Aus and Pak. Gambhir and Rohit Sharma should be rotated in. By end of this year, Big 3 should announce retirement from ODIs -and focus on Tests only.
For the most part, yes - agreed. Big 3 should be rotated in ODIs - only 2 out of 3 should play for each ODI against Aus and Pak. Gambhir and Rohit Sharma should be rotated in. By end of this year, Big 3 should announce retirement from ODIs -and focus on Tests only.
i agree with the rotation policy. Its a very good idea....they should be there in the squad for some more time

We really don't know haow sachin would have performed.Based on recent ODI form...we can only assume that he would have done well.But the big question is....would dhoni have the guts to make him sit out for a cricial match if he was not performing...I doubt it! I think dhoni has blossomed because he was free of the burden of having to play certain people in the team because it is expected. In fact the selectors should publicly announce that two of the trinity will be rested for each match so that new ones can be tried out and the trinity has a longer run in tests. I don't see even a brave and successful dhoni making any of the three sit out ...... edit:sorry didn't read your post finey...I see that we agree on most things....:D

We had the so called young brigade a year ago...Greg chappell came in with mission 2007 and in the end he used most of the same team that was used in 2003. 5 matches with 20 overs an innings...and these ppl should become permanent replacements for SRT, Gangs and Rahul. Now that looks crazy. Give them more opportunities, yes...but ask the big 3 to retire, not yet mate...not yet....
We can discuss that Sachin fan. Seems like you have similar goal like me - have a young Indian team. What I say is roll off these old brigade, what you say is to give youth more chance and perhaps slowly roll off. I can live with that but for chrissake have a plan, dont just let big 3 play cos they are big 3. As an example, why does Yuvraj have to sit out when he has as good a record as any of the big 3 when it comes to winning matches(LOI specially). WIth the 20/20 massacre it would be downright unfair to not let him be in the Test team as well. So how does he get inside unless you dont roll off Gangs or VVS??? xxx

Two things must happen with immediate effect: 1) We must find a way to accomodate Yuvraj in Tests 2) Sehwag & Rohit must play ODIs against Aus. If this mean dropping one of the big three so be it. We cannot keep the young ones at the peak of their abilities waiting for too long. Great teams are never made like that!

Two things must happen with immediate effect: 1) We must find a way to accomodate Yuvraj in Tests 2) Sehwag & Rohit must play ODIs against Aus. If this mean dropping one of the big three so be it. We cannot keep the young ones at the peak of their abilities waiting for too long. Great teams are never made like that!
Lets look at the LOI configuration then Bumper. Openers - Gambhir/SRT (how the hell do you drop Gambhir now?) 1 down - Dhoni(for me, you can have him down the line if you want) 2 down - Dravid 3 down - Yuvraj 4 down - Sharma 5 down - Pathan 6 down - Powar 7 down - RP Singh 8 down - Zaheer 9 down - Bhajji. 6 batsman, 1 all-rounder, 4 bowlers. This automatically kicks Ganguly off. If you need 7 batsman then change a bowler for Sehwag. Either way one geritaric has to call it a day. xx