Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

Normally, media is not allowed inside temples to take pictures and videos. It seems like it is a deliberate attempt by Sree to get himself some good PR. Unfortunately, some of our resident experts can't find a way to mock someone trying to gain publicity via religious practice without making sweeping comments about religion and religious practices in general.
In south Indian temples, Tulabharam is performed outside the temple sanctum sanctorum, where every one are allowed.
In south Indian temples' date=' Tulabharam is performed outside the temple sanctum sanctorum, where every one are allowed.[/quote'] Even that is inside the temple premises and you don't see media people running around. This seems like a either a case of Sree arranging for pictures to be taken and then releasing it, or media wanting to gain access to the event and Sree obliging, most likely the former. If he wanted to keep the cameras out and make it a private affair, a temple is the best place for that. These are not some paparazzi type long shots, they are deliberate close ups.
What is praying to God is to do with being a pious saint? Are you saying that only non-believers could be a cheat?
Are you that thick that you cannot see the blatant hypocrisy in his actions? His motto: Lie, cheat and steal and when things colossally **** up, offer some prayers in the hope everybody shuts up and the controversy goes away.
They at least admit they are douchebags. This fellow on the other hand uses religion to gain sympathy: Oh look' date=' what a disciplined young man, he could never indulge in something as damaging as spot fixing.[/quote'] actually asif had just appealed to the CAS to look over his case and it was rejected, same with aamer. but yes, sree took it to a new low.
I dont understand what you meant by media gimmick? If media covers him going to temple' date=' how is it gimmick? Should he stop going to temple because media covers him? I dont know what private room are you talking about in a Hindu temple?[/quote'] Media follows every celebrity ... Amitabh Bachan is followed too but still he was able to conduct his son's marriage privately. You saying that its hard to conduct a ritual in absense of cameras is absurd. His security could have easily asked every such cameramen to go away. About it being done in a hindu temple, is there a custom that such kind of ritual should only be done in that temple, Well I don't know about that but if it is so, please enlighten me. AFAIK, hindu rituals like the one he did are done by too many people at whatever place they want to. All they need is a priest around for conducting the ritual in proper way.
actually asif had just appealed to the CAS to look over his case and it was rejected' date=' same with aamer. but yes, sree took it to a new low.[/quote'] Yeah IPL is the benchmark where owners indulge in betting.:cantstop:
Media follows every celebrity ... Amitabh Bachan is followed too but still he was able to conduct his son's marriage privately. You saying that its hard to conduct a ritual in absense of cameras is absurd. His security could have easily asked every such cameramen to go away. About it being done in a hindu temple, is there a custom that such kind of ritual should only be done in that temple, Well I don't know about that but if it is so, please enlighten me. AFAIK, hindu rituals like the one he did are done by too many people at whatever place they want to. All they need is a priest around for conducting the ritual in proper way.
Marriage is private affair but fulfilling a mannat to a deity is not a private affair. Tulabharam is ritual where the person who has made the vow sits on the pan of a large weighing scale and is weighed against a particular item of choice like paddy, sugar, bananas etc. The person then donates the item equivalent to his weight to the temple for use in the worship of the lord which is used for serving poor people. Usually scale is placed just outside the temple, one has to come there and fulfill the wish.
Marriage is private affair but fulfilling a mannat to a deity is not a private affair. Tulabharam is ritual where the person who has made the vow sits on the pan of a large weighing scale and is weighed against a particular item of choice like paddy' date=' sugar, bananas etc. The person then donates the item equivalent to his weight to the temple for use in the worship of the lord which is used for serving poor people. Usually scale is placed just outside the temple, one has to come there and fulfill the wish.[/quote'] No use explaining this to non believers , let them believe in non belief :two_thumbs_up:
Marriage is private affair but fulfilling a mannat to a deity is not a private affair. Tulabharam is ritual where the person who has made the vow sits on the pan of a large weighing scale and is weighed against a particular item of choice like paddy' date=' sugar, bananas etc. The person then donates the item equivalent to his weight to the temple for use in the worship of the lord which is used for serving poor people. Usually scale is placed just outside the temple, one has to come there and fulfill the wish.[/quote'] +1 :two_thumbs_up:
Ajit Chandila, the suspended Rajasthan Royals cricketer, has been sent to a further three days in police custody by a Delhi court. He was arrested for his alleged involvement in the IPL spot-fixing case, along with his Royals team-mates Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan. "The matter is being investigated under the provision of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA)," the judge Ajay Kumar Jain said. "The prosecution is to be given full chance to unearth the entire crime. The accused is remanded in 3-days of police custody."
Cricinfo
Marriage is private affair but fulfilling a mannat to a deity is not a private affair. Tulabharam is ritual where the person who has made the vow sits on the pan of a large weighing scale and is weighed against a particular item of choice like paddy' date= sugar, bananas etc. The person then donates the item equivalent to his weight to the temple for use in the worship of the lord which is used for serving poor people. Usually scale is placed just outside the temple, one has to come there and fulfill the wish.
I disagree there ... We invite the world to our marriages and involve them in our happiness. I have never seen people sending invitation cards for Tulabharam. To each his own.
I disagree there ... We invite the world to our marriages and involve them in our happiness. I have never seen people sending invitation cards for Tulabharam. To each his own.
sorry you don't know anything about guruvayoor temple.when someone is doing tulabharam,there will be huge crowd around.