Yusuf Pathan - opening the batting today - Brave Heart

fineleg

First of all MSD has the guts to pick Yusuf Pathan over 1. Dinesh Karthik - so called "more experienced" player 2. Craparkar - International "experienced" player. BRAVO - DHONI for dropping KKD and AA. THEN - Yusuf Pathan: 1. First International match 2. A Final 3. Against Pak 4. Muslim guy - against Pak that "adds some pressure" from some "junta" 5. Not in India - but on South African pitch 6. OPENING THE BATTING (we are batting first, no time for nerves to settle) - GASP! SIX of Mohd.Asif and then a brilliant 4! Another nice shot - probably not middle of bat, but a very very good catch by Shoaib Malik BRAVE HEARTS - Yusuf Pathan and MSD for selecting and opening with him. I SALUTE BOTH!

Yes Sir. It broke so many myths: Myth 1: You should not play a man directly in finals. Myth 2: Agarkar gets to play cos no suitable replacement. Myth 3: KKD is the natural suit as batting replacement(he is not, is cr@p in LOI really) Full marks to Dhoni and good on YK to come up with decent performance, if not great.

How old is YP? He is older than IP right?
Yes he is. I am guessing he is around 24. Predz keeps asking him to be picked up. Can you imagine how his parents would have felt today? Two sons in WC finals, hell two sons who are now World Champions..this coming from a family of two room mosque household.. Take that Shoaib "I thank all Muslims" Malik..:dance: