Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces

Don

Re: Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces OK what do you want to hear Anakin? Tendulkar should be praised for having batted so brilliantly yesterday despite the injury he sustained. That was a heroic knock as he batted out time which was more crucial than runs. Tendulkar's first inning runs are the very reason India is still in the hunt. Tendulkar should be awarded MOM fo the courage and the runs he scored in the first inning. I don't reckon you will agree with the above statement but you are simply sounding like you want to hear the above. RD, VVS and the rest were also not spared if you look around. Likewise Tendulkar deserves this as none but himself has brought this upon himself by batting worse than a tail ender.

Re: Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces Ravi. To be quite honest(and I do not say this with a chip on my shoulders) the writing style of the likes of Sambit Bal is perhaps not enjoyed/understood by most Indians. If you read his articles it is lot more old-schoolish where the emphasis is on content and not style. There are less of hard core numbers thrown at you and more of from-the-heart emotions. From the article you can see the hurt of a cricket fan and less of chastising SRT(which the fans here are taking it as). In my opinion any true Indian cricket fan would have felt exactly the same way today. A hurt, an unexplained anger, a passive anguish as to how long they have to bear their greatest hero of contemprory times(and he has been for 15 odd years) going down every single day. xxx

Re: Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces I agree with the article. Some of you might know that I am a huge Sachin fan but I felt really let down by him yesterday. He's still the best batsman ever but his innings yesterday is one of the worst ever. I just pray and hope that we win this and all will be forgotten. Hope he gets a wicket or two to boot :wtg:

Re: Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces

OK what do you want to hear Anakin? Tendulkar should be praised for having batted so brilliantly yesterday despite the injury he sustained. That was a heroic knock as he batted out time which was more crucial than runs. Tendulkar's first inning runs are the very reason India is still in the hunt. Tendulkar should be awarded MOM fo the courage and the runs he scored in the first inning. I don't reckon you will agree with the above statement but you are simply sounding like you want to hear the above. RD, VVS and the rest were also not spared if you look around. Likewise Tendulkar deserves this as none but himself has brought this upon himself by batting worse than a tail ender.
Read my posts again, did I even indicate remotely that he played a great brilliant innings? He played very poorly, but there is something called context which most of you are forgetting and thus even going to the length that KKD is stronger mentally :lol: By that logic lots of things can be said about other players too, but I'm sure you know cricket well enough to see the stupidity of that. BTW, you just posted the exact opposite of the article, so you should see how idiotic both are.

OK what do you want to hear Anakin? Tendulkar should be praised for having batted so brilliantly yesterday despite the injury he sustained. That was a heroic knock as he batted out time which was more crucial than runs. Tendulkar's first inning runs are the very reason India is still in the hunt. Tendulkar should be awarded MOM fo the courage and the runs he scored in the first inning. I don't reckon you will agree with the above statement but you are simply sounding like you want to hear the above. RD, VVS and the rest were also not spared if you look around. Likewise Tendulkar deserves this as none but himself has brought this upon himself by batting worse than a tail ender.
Read my posts again, did I even indicate remotely that he played a great brilliant innings? He played very poorly, but there is something called context which most of you are forgetting and thus even going to the length that KKD is stronger mentally :lol: By that logic lots of things can be said about other players too, but I'm sure you know cricket well enough to see the stupidity of that.
Glad you were able to see where we are coming from, it was a poor inning by any standard. I wrote
" As for the mental make up goes I think it's a fair point to believe Karthik was more ready for the occassion than Tendulkar. "
Please note the "more ready for the occassion" remark. I'm not that dumb to discredit all the runs Tendulkar and Rahul have scored in the past. I'm only referring to this inning. I still standy by that and there is no stupidity about it. Karthik knew what was required of him for the occassion (no am not digging history or comparing Tendulkar's mental make up of the past here) than Tendulkar. It wasn't just Tendulkar but also include Rahul dravid to it. I only referred to Tendulkar here because the original post relates to Tendulkar. Most players knew what was expected of them to set up a victory but not Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid. They batted as if they were no.10 and no.11 saving the test match on the last session of a test match.

Re: Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces Again, missing the context of the poor innings. It's not an excuse, but you just can't bat like you wanna or usually do when you can't move your feet, and add to that a freaking wrong decision. I don't mind criticism but extreme of it without context is stupid. And I don't know how you can justify infecting RD as not being nonsense. RD was the set batsman in, not the other way around, and haven't seen a new batsman "infecting" a set batsman like that. BTW, -ve bowling was being applied the whole time, which didn't work for ganguly as a left hander. PP talked about not playing on the front foot, I'm sure you heard Donald talking about how he was struggling in pain whenever he tried to get on the front foot, or how he couldn't get low enough most times to play the sweep shot well (you could see the grimace on his face). On that note, still he tried to play the sweep shot many times, but couldn't. If he didn't know what he was supposed to do, he wouldn't have tried to play the shot at all since it caused pain every time.

And I don't know how you can justify infecting RD as not being nonsense. RD was the set batsman in, not the other way around, and haven't seen a new batsman "infecting" a set batsman like that.
I said both were equally responsible. I don't care who infected who, this is also not who's beter than who contest. The bottom line is they both sucked and provided an opportunity for Saffies to get back in the game. I expressed my opinion and you did yours. I don't mind you not seeing any problem there with his inning but I cannot pardon these two for stuffing the game up big time.

Re: Sambit Bal the snivelling insect surfaces Day by day Tendulkar is appearing to all his fans/critics like normal player in the team. I hope the same he understands will lead to his and team benefits. Probably for the first time we are witnessing open and so blunt criticism on him. His entire carrier somewhere in the mind he knows he is the best and he was trying to carry this responsibility all the time. Most of the time he was successful to his and other standards but lately he is not able to maintain his standards. Problem with critics/fans is they always compare with his best standard, unfortunately from last couple of years things are not looking good for him. But hey who know what is there in the future for him? Regarding this series he is second in batting average and took one important wicket and may be his golden arm will take couple of wickets tomorrow.