Was Inzamam a choker?

Shehezaada

.... lets do this .... there are 148 matches where Pak lost when Inzi was playing ... and his avg in those matches is a pathetic 29.62 ... are you telling me that there are more than 148 matches were Pak won mainly because of Inzi ? Hehehe
No batsman, including the best ODI bat ever, Tendulkar would fit that criteria.
Which is exactly what I wanted to convey to Shehzada .... :D
I didn't get that. You are trying to show that Inzamam is choker, right? For that you come up with a criteria which not even the best ODI batsman can fulfill which implies that all batsman to have played ODIs have been chokers. Sorry, am really confused here. Anyhow, here is my argument. Inzamam scored 40+ (a good contribution in ODIs) on 80 occasions when his team won out of 350 innings. That is a pretty good contribution. Sure, he faltered in the WC on multiple occasions and does not have a great record against SA and Aus and for those reasons I would not put him in the top league of players but to call him a choker is harsh, except to take the mikey.

Inzi was a top bat but not as great as the Pak posters usually make him out to be. Just like any other good batsman he excelled few times and failed few times. Just like fans of other cricketers hype their idol up some of Inzi's fans do the same forgetting cricket is a team game and game is won when majority of the team members have a good game. As for chocker, he ain't one but he has struggled under pressure many a times like his contemporaries. Similarly he has done well few times under pressure just like his contemporaries. As for the best batsman Pakistan has produced IMO it still is Miandad regardless of how much more runs Inzi has scored in both forms of cricket.

That's unfair because almost every batsman has holes in his record e.g Sachin has an average record against SA and even after the retirement of the great Pakistani bowlers he still averages under 40 against PAK. Similarly Miandad had a poor record against the WI, Saeed didn't do well against WI or SA, Ponting can't score runs in IND, Lara struggled against the PAK and SA attacks of the 90s and has an average record against IND, S Waugh couldn't get runs against PAK. so why single out Inzi?
Inzi's inability to make tons (because that is how the world gauges performance of a batsmen) against the Aussie and Saffie lineups home and away is what does his claim to greatness in. SRT made a ton against W/W in the only test series he played against them(if you discount his debut series). He made a near double ton against Akhtar in Pak. SRT has 3 tons in RSA. He averages almost 40 in RSA. Inzi averages a lowly 30 in RSA with no tons. A lowly 30 in Australia as well with 1 ton from 16 innings. Overall against Aus and RSA, Inzy has made just 1 100 in 48 innings. Hardly the hallmark of a great. That is where he falls short.