Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??

Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??  

1. 1.

I like Shikhar Dhawan - the mans got a large heart and i know whom to look up to when the chips are down to bring in a bit of inspiration - not entirely unlike ganguly, bhajji, yuvraj and flintoff (it was his ashes back then wasnt it) - isiliye the only firang that springs to mind fatakse - am sure there are a few more hmmmmm...........and these guys i mention u kind of knew they had the bottle to stand up. And I think technique is way overrated - thoda dil leke aao and yes strong competence sure - anyday will pick this lot over 'bat parallel to the ground' to negate steep bounce - but that's me - whos yours? Definitely add gambhir in that lot.........
My favs at the moment are Pujara and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Intelligent, level headed cricketers who perform regularly. I like Shikhar as well. Among foreign cricketers, Hussey, KP, Bevan, Richards, Clive Lloyd and Lance Klusener, AB Devilliers. Technique counts for nowt if you lack the intelligence or temperament to implement it. I have a lot of time for players like Chanderpaul and Sehwag who have had a lot of success with rather unorthodox styles of batting.
yeah dk is better wicket keeper than sachin :winky::winky:
:nono: If Dhoni is a better ODI player than Sachin because he has finished more games and averages higher while batting lower down the order then by that same logic DK is a better ODI player than Sachin for having caught more catches as a wicket keeper. so much for comparing apples with oranges! There is virtually no end to this topic as despite being fruits, both apples and oranges have different characteristics such as taste, feel, smell etc. It's worthless to compare the two for hours instead you could enjoy them both on the same plate. Enjoy Sachin and Dhoni both in the same team...why compare?
:nono: If Dhoni is a better ODI player than Sachin because he has finished more games and averages higher while batting lower down the order then by that same logic DK is a better ODI player than Sachin for having caught more catches as a wicket keeper. so much for comparing apples with oranges! There is virtually no end to this topic as despite being fruits, both apples and oranges have different characteristics such as taste, feel, smell etc. It's worthless to compare the two for hours instead you could enjoy them both on the same plate. Enjoy Sachin and Dhoni both in the same team...why compare?
You are comparing apples with tomato ketchup here with that DK analogy.....:giggle:..... Both Sachin and Dhoni have largely had different roles in their batting careers.......one was a platform setter at the top of the innings......while the other is a clutch finisher at the end.......you clearly understand the difference......but people here have their own silly a-gendas......
:nono: If Dhoni is a better ODI player than Sachin because he has finished more games and averages higher while batting lower down the order then by that same logic DK is a better ODI player than Sachin for having caught more catches as a wicket keeper. so much for comparing apples with oranges
how ? we are talking about batting not other skills i think sachin is better but i also think talking about good average,finishing skill is only fair and part of being a good batsman.. i get it skill required for both positions are different but still its part of batting unlike catching which is part of value while fielding :--D
You are comparing apples with tomato ketchup here with that DK analogy.....:giggle:..... Both Sachin and Dhoni have largely had different roles in their batting careers.......one was a platform setter at the top of the innings......while the other is a clutch finisher at the end.......you clearly understand the difference......but people here have their own silly a-gendas......
Absolutely :hatsoff:
how ? we are talking about batting not other skills i think sachin is better but i also think talking about is only fair and part of being a good batsman.. i get it skill required for both positions are different but still its part of batting unlike catching which is part of value while fielding :--D
ok, consider me a fan of none of the two for a second. Try to defend or attack either of the following two facts 1. Sachin has a higher average while opening the innings than Dhoni 2. Dhoni has a higher average while finishing the innings than Sachin
ok, consider me a fan of none of the two for a second. Try to defend or attack either of the following two facts 1. Sachin has a higher average while opening the innings than Dhoni 2. Dhoni has a higher average while finishing the innings than Sachin
well i already said sachin is better.. my only objection was the very bad analogy to me average does not matter both have been very valueable for us but sachin has jsut done more as a batsman ..played some brilliant knocks like desert storm and also played against best bowlers of the world against new ball opening the batting and even by doing that he is way way ahead of any other batsman to me its not even a fair comparison i like dhoni he will probably end up being the best finisher in game but sachin already is best opener ever :winky:
well i already said sachin is better.. my only objection was the very bad analogy to me average does not matter both have been very valueable for us but sachin has jsut done more as a batsman ..played some brilliant knocks like desert storm and also played against best bowlers of the world against new ball opening the batting and even by doing that he is way way ahead of any other batsman to me its not even a fair comparison i like dhoni he will probably end up being the best finisher in game but sachin already is best opener ever :winky:
:nice: It's impossible to justify either side solely based on numbers and word of mouth. Whoever has seen both of them played could make up their mind on their own. For me personally it's Sachin.
Cannot believe nearly missed my meeting - well alright the topic was such and so sorry for rushing off - but all in a days work. great you said what you said when u said that transparent for a minute i thought u were one of my lankan friends - green bros are chill as well but then wud have been bleed 'green' isnt it - see how i did it...... anyway have fun and onward..........
what did i just read :nervous:
dost khilli udaaneka maza nikaal rahe ho aise..........biggest democracy aisehi nahi bolte our place - pros and cons some other place - time - this thread has such significance nearly made me miss my meeting - wont derail it :)
arrey launda apna simple hai ji.......aasan basha mein samjhaiyo......
dost khilli udaaneka maza nikaal rahe ho aise..........biggest democracy aisehi nahi bolte our place - pros and cons some other place - time - this thread has such significance nearly made me miss my meeting - wont derail it :). and 'jalebi_bhai' nice choice of cricketers - nobody's going to hold that against you.......
khilli kon uda rha hai..i thought u were trolling :P ab sab samaj aa gya na :haha:
hey man what do you want me to do - join the avkc club - the nehra campaign - is that what you want..........'cause you say it and i will jump on :) hmmmmm and chill
Not really.......if you believe in what both of them stand for......then, please, go ahead and join.....no pressure.........however, if you join avkc........it is essentially us vs the whole of ICF........too many Kohli bakhts.....including this cabby.....:headshake:.....
dost khilli kisi insaan ka nahi...........the idea of dk>tendulkar - 'transparent'...........samzha karo :)
he was trolling like always ...classic tranny :giggle:
which part?? the part where he thought transparent was a trolling Lankan??
now i get it :cantstop:
yeah am not as much anti kohli as much i am anti dhoni with regards to his inability to captain the Indian Cricket Team at home 'and' overseas......... seriously felt we went back to the bad old days of 3-4 spinners at home - we were at least winning back then hmmmm - overseas we come across extremely spineless - kohli easily overdoes it with his bravado m not sure i rate these kind of guys all that highly.........
tuney toh keeron ki bottal khol de ab.........when Dhoni bakhts wake up today and read that.......**** is gonna hit the fan real quick....... but I agree with your views on his test captaincy......he is a bit too defensive.......and that is because of his ODI mentality......
yes well we win some we lose some.......... for me i would want us to start winning a few test matches overseas 'again' - once a while sits perfectly fine with me - and not have a what its close to 70:30 winning record in odis isnt it for dhoni. vs whats happening now.
Will be hard though......bowling attack is inexperienced except for Ishant who is learning himself......I doubt our bowlers can pick up 20 wickets in overseas conditions.....batting wise I'm fairly relaxed but our bowlers will need time to function as a unit.....saying that........now it makes sense as to why we retained the same squad for the tri-series......
the bigger problem is how do you handle cricketers - whos to say ishant and even ojha for that matter couldnt have been handled better - 'woh log' :) act as if we have warnes coming out of every nook and corner of india to ignore him - gambhir as well. simple cheese koi samzhaaye koi bhi kabhi bhi i will wrap up everything and leave - sadhugiri yes - picture this: its the toughest final frontier for us - tendulkars off with some of the most sublime batsmanship right at the start of the series - hes way too old but what do you know up against young hatte gatte genuine quicks gharpe helpful conditions- sure things arent going your way but hey you are the skipper isnt it - this bloke comes out and says 'I am not sure I will play WC2015 here'........... and u also bowl yourself in england when zaks out? what??
Yea.....the officials weren't very pro-active.......there was a time, around 6 years back, when we had the likes of Praveen, Sreesanth, Chedhi Pratap Singh, VRV Singh, Munaf, Ranadeb Bose, Pankaj Singh all on the fringes of the team competing to partner Zaheer as our main fast bowlers....unfortunately.....they have all fallen out of favour, for different reasons......our selectors probably didn't foresee such a thing happening and have had to build from scratch.......Kumble retiring and Harby turning to pure trash didn't help either......still I remain hopeful of a decent performance........ Regarding that statement........it was a bit silly from Dhoni.......don't know what were his true intentions behind them......