Sreesanth needs to stop talking and get his act together!!

Sreesanth is a wicket taker , but he is not an one-day bowler. Its important that we do not get carried away by the fact that he took a few wickets here and there. That guy bleeds runs , was by far the most expensive Indian seamer in the 20/20s and has shown that he does NOT have the ability to restrict runs.. His three wickets yesterday cost India 67 runs at nearly 7.5 RPO , clearly proving that those wickets were at best , just useless interludes amidst an otherwise free-for-all bowling. A figure of 10-0-45-3 is a good spell. A figure of 9-67-3 is not a good spell in onedayers. The main aim of a bowler in onedayers is to restrict runs ,and Sreesanth has shown , REPEATEDLY , that he doesnt have that ability. Dump him from the one-day side , Please.

Three wickets in the last match, three here, while all the other bowlers struggled to make a mark. What are you complaining about?
I wasn't complaining about him...I just told that he gave some extra-runs in search of wickets...thats not the sole reason for the defeat...say what!
Sreesanth is a wicket taker , but he is not an one-day bowler. Its important that we do not get carried away by the fact that he took a few wickets here and there. That guy bleeds runs , was by far the most expensive Indian seamer in the 20/20s and has shown that he does NOT have the ability to restrict runs.. His three wickets yesterday cost India 67 runs at nearly 7.5 RPO , clearly proving that those wickets were at best , just useless interludes amidst an otherwise free-for-all bowling. A figure of 10-0-45-3 is a good spell. A figure of 9-67-3 is not a good spell in onedayers. The main aim of a bowler in onedayers is to restrict runs ,and Sreesanth has shown , REPEATEDLY , that he doesnt have that ability. Dump him from the one-day side , Please.
Mania, When you bowl at 140 kmph even a normal push could take the ball to boundary. Sreesanth is an aggressive bowler who delivers breakthrough in critical points. Yes he gives runs but dont you think that is also because of indian fielding?
Mania' date=' When you bowl at 140 kmph even a normal push could take the ball to boundary. Sreesanth is an aggressive bowler who delivers breakthrough in critical points. Yes he gives runs but dont you think that is also because of indian fielding?[/quote'] HC , you just have to look at the 20/20 cup figures to understand what i am talking about. Both Irfan and RPS took 10-12 wickets at an average of 15 and RPO of 6.5 , while Sreesanth took 4-5 wickets at average of 30 and a RR of almost 8. There is no point taking wickets if you cant stop the flow of runs. The whole point of pressure buid-up is lost. It is simply no use to take a wicket one over and spray the ball all over the place in the next. And i quite dont agree with your point of pace and indian fielding. Mitchell Johnson is as quick , did he go for 67 runs too ? And Irfan had the same Indian fielding, didnt he concede just 45 runs and take 2 wickets ? And my whole point is , If Sreesanth makes a positive impact on one match , he has a negative one in the next 3. He is an outstanding test bowler , one of the best we have. But he comes a cropper in one-dayers.

mm, you have a valid argument if we had other bowlers in the team taking wickets. right now looks like no one else but zak is even remotely close to picking up wickets. you do need wickets in ODIs. may be they should sit sree next game and open with RPS and ZAK to see how it goes.

mm' date=' you have a valid argument if we had other bowlers in the team taking wickets. right now looks like no one else but zak is even remotely close to picking up wickets. you do need wickets in ODIs. may be they should sit sree next game and open with RPS and ZAK to see how it goes.[/quote'] Yoda, you think the other Indian pacers in our line-up are any less capable wicket-takers than Sreesanth ? RPS , Zak and Irfan as much strike bowlers themselves as Sreesanth. Dont be fooled by his 2 three wicket hauls in the last 2 matches. Even in the last match , 2 of wickets were inconsequential , in the 47th and 49th over.
Yoda, you think the other Indian pacers in our line-up are any less capable wicket-takers than Sreesanth ? RPS , Zak and Irfan as much strike bowlers themselves as Sreesanth. Dont be fooled by his 2 three wicket hauls in the last 2 matches. Even in the last match , 2 of wickets were inconsequential , in the 47th and 49th over.
Well capable or not, the others have not taken wickets. His wickets in the first match were absolute beauty of deliveries with nice variation in pace whereas RPS was clueless the entire match. This match, yes his wickets were inconsequential, but he had 3 out of 4 in the first when we pegged them at 90 for 4.
Well capable or not' date=' the others have not taken wickets. His wickets in the first match were absolute beauty of deliveries with nice variation in pace whereas RPS was clueless the entire match. This match, yes his wickets were inconsequential, but he had 3 out of 4 in the first when we pegged them at 90 for 4.[/quote'] My point is , every time Sreesanth takes a 10-0-54-3 , he will follow it up with 3-4 matches of 10-0-62-1 sorta bowling. Not good enough for me. There is no point taking 2-3 wickets if you cant keep the runs down. The whole point is lost.
My point is , every time Sreesanth takes a 10-0-54-3 , he will follow it up with 3-4 matches of 10-0-62-1 sorta bowling. Not good enough for me. There is no point taking 2-3 wickets if you cant keep the runs down. The whole point is lost.
I agree that he shouldn't be playing ODIs till he learns to control line and length.

Sreesanth is losing the plot quickly here. He was timid like a rabbit in Twenty20 final against Pakistan . Looks like this guy is seriously scared to sledge Pakistani players like Afridi or YK who are known to be short fuses capable of street brawl. Hayden and Symonds can cause serious hurt both physically and with the bat to this guy if he continues his stupid tirade.

I agree that he shouldn't be playing ODIs till he learns to control line and length.
I know Sreesanth has a lot of following here due to his attitude , demeanor etc. But they should understand that he is , in his present form , is just not cut for one-dayers. Yes , he could evolve to become better as time goes on , but right now , i wouldnt have him in our one-day team.
Sreesanth is losing the plot quickly here. He was timid like a rabbit in Twenty20 final against Pakistan . Looks like this guy is seriously scared to sledge Pakistani players like Afridi or YK who are known to be short fuses capable of street brawl. Hayden and Symonds can cause serious hurt both physically and with the bat to this guy if he continues his stupid tirade.
what do you mean by that KR ? They dare not even touch him, as simple as that. I dont care what Sreesanth does on the field. He is an agressive cricketet and that is excellent. But let him bowl well to back that up.
what do you mean by that KR ? They dare not even touch him' date=' as simple as that.[/quote'] I am really getting sick and tired of stupid fast bowlers like Nel , Sreesanth , Umar Gul etc who indulge in needless sledging. While posters here appreciate Sreesanth and his foolish bravado , I think he has crossed the fine line between stupidity and spirit of cricket,as aptly put Haddin. That does not mean that Australians are not guilty of the very charge they allege Sreesanth with. I have noticed that this guy behaves like a coward when it comes to sledging Pakistanis like Afridi , YK , Inzi etc who had their share of street brawl but will go after Gilchrist , Ashwell Prince etc who do not have pedigree to sledge . Makes no sense to me,but with Sreesanth, common sense is uncommon, I guess.

My reading of this is that Sree gets really wound up by the Aussies because they are the best in the world. I don't think he gives a toss about the reputations of Pakistani players, unlike what KR says. He could take on Afridi or anybody else without a second thought- he doesn't have fear in his being. IMO, he is a treasure that we should encourage and nurture. The Aussies respect him above all other bowlers in the Indian team, because he backs up his verbals with his effervescent talent, all out effort, and wickets to boot- traits sadly lacking in Indian bowlers for a long long time. More power to the lad- he is a true gem.

My reading of this is that Sree gets really wound up by the Aussies because they are the best in the world. I don't think he gives a toss about the reputations of Pakistani players' date=' unlike what KR says.[b'] He could take on Afridi or anybody else without a second thought- he doesn't have fear in his being. IMO, he is a treasure that we should encourage and nurture. The Aussies respect him above all other bowlers in the Indian team, because he backs up his verbals with his effervescent talent, all out effort, and wickets to boot- traits sadly lacking in Indian bowlers for a long long time. More power to the lad- he is a true gem.
With all due respect , then how do you explain his benign behavior during the Twenty20 finals. Does he have the effrontery to sledge the likes of YK , Afridi etc . I think not. I still remember him meekly walking back to his crease when big Inzi charged at him after an apparent sledge during Ind-Pak ODI . How do you explain this behavior. And I don't think Aussies respect him. Haddin indirectly called him a nut job and rightly so. Personally , I don't think it's good idea to encourage boorish on-your-face behavior which is abreast with Gentlemen 's way of playing the game.

KR, you have repeated this same thing about Inzy over and over again. Why should he be scared about Paks when he has the guts to go at a mad man like Nel? Yes, he does go OTT and he needs to cool it down a bit. No need to act like a Jerk.