I Hate Spinners

Dhondy

^ Murali took 6 wickets against Australia 4 matches ago. Spinners are mostly a liability in odis but in helpful conditions, there is no better way to put pressure on a batsman than having two decent spinners operate at both the ends.
You mean Murali Kartik, right? Muralitharan got a bunch of wickets against Australia... uh... many many years ago. Can't remember when, but it was a bloody long time. :hysterical:
Match 3 , Spinners bowl 22 overs, conceede just 91 runs and took 3 wickets. Paceman - 25 overs , 145 runs , 4 wickets. Take your pick.
Wrong selection. Sreesanth should have played. Look, spinners are the plague of this world and you know it. I mean when you see a cherub faced, goggle eyed, flab-jiggling spinner like Murali Karthik don shades like he's cooool, and then strut away after bowling a 10-0-60-0 spell, you know someone, somewhere is being taken for a very big ride here. Don't like to mix Tests and ODIs, but that overhyped off spinner with his brain fried to cinders to match his name, didn't take a single wicket in 10 days of Test cricket when he last played Pakistan, and you want him to be one half of the friendly welcoming committee against our arch rivals? By Jove, Sriram, you've been brain washed! BTW, does any leading bowler, pace or spin, have a worse record against Australia in Australia than your Bangla-killer gargoyle that's touring down under right now?

Nobody is glorifying spinners Doc , but to just dismiss them like you are doing doesnt make sense either. On flat batting wickets, spinners are a liability , but who isnt ? But we do get these slow low turners every now and then that is when the spinners really come into their own. See them bowling tight spells, conceeding not more than 40 runs in their quota. And dont forget , not every batsman is competent against half-decent spin. This pak team has some real good players of spin , that doest mean we totally eliminate their role from ODI cricket And pray tell me Doc , when was the last a fast bowler actually won a test series for us at home ? At home , spin is our strenght.

I understand what you are saying Doc , but if it had been as simple as " preparing seamer friendly tracks" , wouldnt they have done it ? I am sure you know that its got lot to do with the tropical weather , soil etc. Yes , our seamer have been winning us more series' nowadays , they deserve their due , but spinners will still play a dominant role at home for sometime to come.