The US OPEN 2013/US OPEN SERIES

Cricketics

Interesting tennis so far. As I expected Bernard tomic vs Ramos has been the match of the day so far. Poor Bernard has to go through a lot this year. His dad isn't allowed to enter in any tournament because he hit Bernard Tomic's practice opponent. He head butt him and has been banned from all ATP venues. He was also Tomic's coach.
oh. I didn't know this man.. Anyway, the ban is permanent or temporary?

First big upset.Nishikori who was in Roger's half is out. James Blake will retire at the end on the US Open
james blacke! good bloke. scored some good victories a few years back but never a threatening force. pity, tennis will miss him

james blacke! good bloke. scored some good victories a few years back but never a threatening force. pity' date=' tennis will miss him[/quote'] He promised a lot. But the accident he had, took its toll on him and his game. I hated Blake for the loss he incurred to Moya in the 2006 US open. Not that Moya would have won but, Moya had his chances which he squandered. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsr4tF9sbsQ]Blake vs Moya - incredible tiebreak - YouTube[/ame]

Now all major betting sites show Nadal as favourite to win. Closely followed by Djoko. Murray is distant third. Delpotro and federer fight for fourth. One observation. Couple of days ago when I checked djoko and nadal were very close but now nadal is clear leader. Is it because, having won first round already, Nadal has one less hurdle to fall and that increases his odds for not falling through out the tournament? I think strong performance in firstround would also have helped nadal's rates.

Now all major betting sites show Nadal as favourite to win. Closely followed by Djoko. Murray is distant third. Delpotro and federer fight for fourth. One observation. Couple of days ago when I checked djoko and nadal were very close but now nadal is clear leader. Is it because, having won first round already, Nadal has one less hurdle to fall and that increases his odds for not falling through out the tournament? I think strong performance in firstround would also have helped nadal's rates.
never lost on hard court this season and 53-3 this year so that does help

never lost on hard court this season and 53-3 this year so that does help
Missing the point. I wanted to know if statistically this difference is because of fact that from this point onwards Nasal needs to win 6 matches while Djoko 7. If betting sides use any probability theory than it is not difficult to believe that at least some part of this difference is because of that one win that nadal already have. I'll check odds after djoko's first round today. That should clarify few things.

Nadal is favourite because of his recent form and importantly that he is in the easier half if you compare the two. It's almost a certainty that he'll get to the finals. But in the other half, who would you pick given recent form and the draw? Nadal is looking good but at the same time you'd have to say that Djokovic and Murray haven't been at their best in the post Wimbledon period. Nadal was clinical and aggressive vs Harrison, I'm sure he'll maintain this level he usually doesn't ebb and flow the others do. Hoping for a Djokovic Nadal final and for Novak to put things right, but let's see how it pans out. Janowicz struggling right now to a rank 230 player.

Nadal is favourite because of his recent form and importantly that he is in the easier half if you compare the two. It's almost a certainty that he'll get to the finals. But in the other half, who would you pick given recent form and the draw? Nadal is looking good but at the same time you'd have to say that Djokovic and Murray haven't been at their best in the post Wimbledon period. Nadal was clinical and aggressive vs Harrison, I'm sure he'll maintain this level he usually doesn't ebb and flow the others do. Hoping for a Djokovic Nadal final and for Novak to put things right, but let's see how it pans out. Janowicz struggling right now to a rank 230 player.
Unfortunately, now with all your previous posts in this thread and in others, your thoughts in a matter which involves a player called Nadal can not be taken seriously :P

Holy jeez. Monfils vs Isner in Round 2. This will be a brilliant game. Monfils is back to his best right now. Is having good run in all tournaments. Plus Isner is the form of his life. You can't ask for a better 2nd round game. I am sure this game will be a packed crowd with no one wanting to leave the seats. I have attended lot of games of Monfils at US Open. People love him here in America. His antiques just mesmerises everyone. Isner is of-course crowd favorite.

Unfortunately' date=' now with all your previous posts in this thread and in others, your thoughts in a matter which involves a player called Nadal can not be taken seriously :P[/quote'] Taken seriously by who? You? Other members of this site? I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to express my views on things.

Hard to take both of those results. Both have been winning in and closing in on ATP titles wherever they were playing. And now both of them out in first round. Guess what. Grandslam Nerves????
Jerzy Janowicz struggled with Injury,served underhand and got boos http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/08/27/tennis-open-janowicz-idINDEE97Q0DR20130827

Today we see two of the big guns in action, Del Po and Murray, will be interesting to see how well they are both hitting the ball. Del Po was sluggish and a bit lazy in Montreal and Cincy, Murray was not hitting it well at all either. It being a slam you'd expect them to turn it up a notch. I'm particularly interested to see if Del Po is going to unload some of those huge forehands.

The future of tennis is in bad shape. None of the guys in the age group 20-23 are capable enough to challenge the top guys. There will not be another great champion like Roger, Rafa or Novak from these guys. The next champions are teenagers now. This gives the current top players an extended period to dominate the slams. So guys like Novak, Rafa or Murray or even Del Potro may get that advantage over Federer. Once Federer approached 30 these guys stepped up, but I don't see that happening in the near future with the young players we have now. If these top players remain healthy they should win majority of the slams for the next 3-4 years at least.

^I think it's not the right time to say that Tennis future is in bad shape. If you would have said in 2007, I would have agreed. But of late, we have finally starting seeing some outside players converting and making it to semis and now finals. Finally, we saw Murray win grandslam and Olympics. He just didn't have it when he first made it. David ferrer, finally made it to finals this year. Federer has declined to no. 7. I think since 2009, with Del Po winning US Open. Things have actually gotten better. We are seeing more people beat the top 3 than what we saw in that few years period when Federer and Nadal were the only two players running the show. I think men's tennis is here for some upsets in future. Players have started working extra hard to beat the top guys. Before I never saw this much intent. Now

^I think it's not the right time to say that Tennis future is in bad shape. If you would have said in 2007, I would have agreed. But of late, we have finally starting seeing some outside players converting and making it to semis and now finals. Finally, we saw Murray win grandslam and Olympics. He just didn't have it when he first made it. David ferrer, finally made it to finals this year. Federer has declined to no. 7. I think since 2009, with Del Po winning US Open. Things have actually gotten better. We are seeing more people beat the top 3 than what we saw in that few years period when Federer and Nadal were the only two players running the show. I think men's tennis is here for some upsets in future. Players have started working extra hard to beat the top guys. Before I never saw this much intent. Now
Well Del Potro is already one of the top guys and probably the only person outside the big 4 with potential to win slams. I was actually talking about the field outside these top guys. Although Murray won slams only recently but he has been a constant performer at slams for a long time, reaching his first GS final in 2008. David Ferrer is 30+, he is not the future. These guys are the present stars of tennis, my comment was directed towards the future stars, precisely guys in the age group of 20-23. None of them are knocking on the door at this moment and frankly I don't see anyone from that age group to be as successful as these guys. Federer-- Won first GS at 22 Nadal-- Was freakishly good even as a teenager Djokovic- Won 1st GS at 21. Murray-- First GS final at 21 Del Potro- First GS at 21. Now let's see the current players in that age group. Forget slams these guys can't even make a decent run at the masters. None of them seems to have what it takes to step up to big league. Janowicz has some potential, but a player of his type would never be highly consistent. He might surprise you by winning an odd slam but that's about it.

Well Del Potro is already one of the top guys and probably the only person outside the big 4 with potential to win slams. I was actually talking about the field outside these top guys. Although Murray won slams only recently but he has been a constant performer at slams for a long time, reaching his first GS final in 2008. David Ferrer is 30+, he is not the future. These guys are the present stars of tennis, my comment was directed towards the future stars, precisely guys in the age group of 20-23. None of them are knocking on the door at this moment and frankly I don't see anyone from that age group to be as successful as these guys. Federer-- Won first GS at 22 Nadal-- Was freakishly good even as a teenager Djokovic- Won 1st GS at 21. Murray-- First GS final at 21 Del Potro- First GS at 21. Now let's see the current players in that age group. Forget slams these guys can't even make a decent run at the masters. None of them seems to have what it takes to step up to big league. Janowicz has some potential, but a player of his type would never be highly consistent. He might surprise you by winning an odd slam but that's about it.
That is what we need don't we? We don't need a single set of players dominating. It's good to have multiple different winners. We are heading towards a time where we might see 4 different grandslam winners in a year and that is what the game needs. You don't want to see Nadal or Djoko or even Fed running through all slams in the year. Nadal and Djokovic are currently hard to beat really by any of the other guns, but they are still not dominating anymore like they were a while back. Players are stepping up and Murray seem to have won a grandlsma in the middle. Nadal is not going to win next 10 out of 10 slams. He might have couple of years ago with the form of his and others not good enough. This won't be happening anymore. Atleast for next 10 years, we will have plenty of different grandslam winners.