The US OPEN 2013/US OPEN SERIES

Cricketics

All right US Open is about to commence in few weeks but US Open series has already started guys. Right now in my hometown DC where Isner is looking good and then starting Monday all the big players are back playing iN Montreal. Can't wait for the Actual US open to start on 26th. But we need to keep an eye on these US Open series tournament and see who's looking the best .

Fed only has one chance at a trophy this year and even that is an outside chance only. Cincinnati which traditionally has been the quickest of all the hard courts. I think this hard court season is a tough one to call, Murray has a Psychological edge it seems now over Djokovic, but Djokovic is of course the best HC player on tour at the moment. Nadal has been ordinary off the clay for 2 years now almost, so he'll need a title or two to re-establish himself a force in tennis off clay. Del Po is starting to look more and more dangerous and his forehand seems to just get stronger and stronger. I'm a Del Po and Djokovic fan as you know, so I'm hoping for a final between them is the US Open. Here are my picks and let's see how right I am. Montreal: Murray Cincinnati: Djokovic US Open: Djokovic

Fed only has one chance at a trophy this year and even that is an outside chance only. Cincinnati which traditionally has been the quickest of all the hard courts. I think this hard court season is a tough one to call, Murray has a Psychological edge it seems now over Djokovic, but Djokovic is of course the best HC player on tour at the moment. Nadal has been ordinary off the clay for 2 years now almost, so he'll need a title or two to re-establish himself a force in tennis off clay. Del Po is starting to look more and more dangerous and his forehand seems to just get stronger and stronger. I'm a Del Po and Djokovic fan as you know, so I'm hoping for a final between them is the US Open. Here are my picks and let's see how right I am. Montreal: Murray Cincinnati: Djokovic US Open: Djokovic
Murray would dominate this leg. Djokovic will carry scars of wimbledon defeat against Murray for sometime. In fact suddenly he has started looking mentally vulnerable which used to be his strongest suit. Next few week may catapult DelPo in the league of top boys. Nadal is an unknown entity going into these tournaments. Nobody really knows how he will turn up. Federer is out of the mix now and probably for good.

If Delpo Murray end up facing again, I can bet you it's going to be Del Po this time. Murray has been playing fantastic but I don't see him winning again in front of away crowd. Not that USA is Del Po's home, but I think Del Po was looking great in Washington DC tournament last week and is playing great tennis.

Murray would dominate this leg. Djokovic will carry scars of wimbledon defeat against Murray for sometime. In fact suddenly he has started looking mentally vulnerable which used to be his strongest suit.
Just like Murray mentally scared Djokovic after the US Open? Only then Djokovic went on to win their next 3 meetings, Shanghai, World Tour Finals and the Australian Open. So this mental scar it not really there is it? In fact what's more likely to give Djokovic a scar, being so close to Nadal in Roland Garros or losing on grass his worst surface? I don't think there's a problem with Djokovic's mental attitude, but I am concerned by two things, his reluctance to rally it out with Murray and his net play vs Murray. Murray is a very boring player, everyone who watches tennis knows he is very patient and passive and if he has to rally for 20+ shots to win points through UEs he will do that. Djokovic doesn't seem to want to do the same in this match up, maybe it's like what people say about Fed, playing long boring rallies actually brings out the worst in him. Djokovic has been runner up at Cincinatti 4 times, so he keeps getting there. My primary focus for Djokovic and for that matter Del Potro when they go up against Murray is being prepared to rally with him and also taking those rallies to Murray weak'ish backhand. I've picked Djokovic for the US Open, my colleague who has picked all 3 grans slam winners correctly this year think it'll be Djokovic as well. Now I hope both he and DelPo have done a shitload of practice on their weakest facets of the game.

Janowicz VS Nadal on . 2-2 in first set. Some interesting competition in Mens Doubles today. [R2] (4) Leander Paes (IND) / Radek Stepanek (CZE) vs. Colin Fleming (GBR) / Andy Murray (GBR) The winner of this game will mean the winner of Qureshi/Rojer vs Nadal/Anduljar. :)