FYI : Gai_ka_dood will henceforth be known as Gaurav

varun

ouch! :haha:
I am not that old....:wink_smile: Our principal is 50+...and she doesn't mind......It's just a question of getting used to it....
My bad . I had initially wanted to type " If i were you , i would have felt a bit odd if a 8 year old calls me by first name" , but realized you were quite young and shouldnt have that much of a problem , so incl that "35 year old" thingy. But our very own King of Sarcasm used even that to have his laugh for the day. :D EVEN the principal ? This getting more radical ! :D

That's nothing.....!! We have two teachers who are grand mothers......they are also called by their first names.Infact I have to call them by their first names.Initially I found it strange ...but they assured me that it was fine and they didn't mind at all..... We also don't use surnames....so there is a lot of confusion in the school....:D

According to the principal.....respect should be irrespective of age....and unless we are ready to call 7-8 year olds Madam and sir...we should all be called by our first names. Ours is not a formal school......and it works well with us. Initially i was skeptical ...but I do realise now that no matter what you are called...if the children respect you, ,they will show it ...if they don't ...no matter what they are forced to call you ...they will not show respect.

According to the principal.....respect should be irrespective of age....and unless we are ready to call 7-8 year olds Madam and sir...we should all be called by our first names. Ours is not a formal school......and it works well with us. Initially i was skeptical ...but I do realise now that no matter what you are called...if the children respect you, ,they will show it ...if they don't ...no matter what they are forced to call you ...they will not show respect.
Nice. :two_thumbs_up: I am reminded of my college days , when i was forced to call my seniors ( who were sometimes younger than me) as "Sir" and "Madam".

That's nothing.....!! We have two teachers who are grand mothers......they are also called by their first names.Infact I have to call them by their first names.Initially I found it strange ...but they assured me that it was fine and they didn't mind at all..... We also don't use surnames....so there is a lot of confusion in the school....:D
It's quite similar where my 9-year old niece studies in Calcutta. That's some international school I think.

3 & 4 science social studies craft cooking assist with carpentry and theatre
Nice. Wow - carpentry? in grade 3 & 4...very different. Is this an International (one of the newly mushrooming American schools?) type? I wish I had this type of schooling (I dont have too many regrets with mine, but this sounds way more fun! :D)

Yes..carpentry is a big hit with the children..... Since our carpentry teacher is more of an artist....ours is not the run of the mill carpentry classes.... It's a great learning experience for me...... today I learnt to stain wood with fire( more like colouring with fire)...amazing experience.Although I won't be able to try it out with the kids for a long time to come.....too dangerous for them. Even I wish I had this kind of schooling...but I am making up for it by learning now.....