Gambhir has signed for Essex for the English county season

StriKe

@sane he still has the ranjis. You have to keep in mind that before coming to Essex his last competitive cricket (from what i know) was in the IPL in May. June July he has not done anything in terms of spending time out in the middle. It will take a few more innings for him to settle in IMO. He has played 3 innings thus far getting 31, 21 and 2. Probably needs 2 more innings to get into form.

^ problem is there are many players lining up for the indian middle order. Opening is much more open to find an opening partner for Dhawan. Dhawan himself has played one test and has not faced the best away from home. Anyways 297 from Essex and commies saying 275 is a par score. So Lancashire will have to chase well to win. Lot will depend on Essex spinners.

Vijay deserves to start. But the more he fails before the test series' date=' brighter the chances of other openers. Ad a silverline for Gauti as he too is failing.[/quote'] Failed the whole A tour now. Brings me back to the 2007 tour when Sehwag was not scoring anything and was picked for the tour to Australia. Won't be surpirsed if he or Gambhir get picked for the tour.
There will be a lot to worry about Gambhir's future if he doesn't score runs here.
People are panicking for no reason. Gambhir will be back regardless. If not this south africa tour, then atleast for New Zealand or England tour next year. The amount of cricket INdia will be playing overseas, law of averages will be catching up. Let me put it this way, Indian test team has lost Ganguly, Kumble, Dravid, Laxman in last few years and these guys have opened the slot for all new players. Only 3 players in the batting line up right now loook sure to play in the opening test. And they are Tendulkar, Pujara, Kohli. Rest all haven't done anything great at test level or have just scored in one outing. So basically lot of slots available to be taken. Agsain, only 3 players are sure starters in our line up - Tendulkar, Pujara, Kohli. Rest all available to be sealed by playres who perform better.
People are panicking for no reason. Gambhir will be back regardless. If not this south africa tour, then atleast for New Zealand or England tour next year. The amount of cricket INdia will be playing overseas, law of averages will be catching up. Let me put it this way, Indian test team has lost Ganguly, Kumble, Dravid, Laxman in last few years and these guys have opened the slot for all new players. Only 3 players in the batting line up right now loook sure to play in the opening test. And they are Tendulkar, Pujara, Kohli. Rest all haven't done anything great at test level or have just scored in one outing. So basically lot of slots available to be taken.
He will need to score runs to get back. Open slots doesn't mean non performers can come in. Though the selectors were looking to pick him as Dhawan's replacement in the fourth test against Australia as well, failing to get runs in County/Ranji is not gonna help his cause.
Agsain, only 3 players are sure starters in our line up - Tendulkar, Pujara, Kohli. Rest all available to be sealed by playres who perform better.
Not quite sure about that. Ideally Tendulkar should not be a sure starter too. The eleven for first test against SA is quite clear IMO : with the no. 6 slot and the fast bowlers' spot the only ones which are not secured.
Not quite sure about that. Ideally Tendulkar should not be a sure starter too. The eleven for first test against SA is quite clear IMO : with the no. 6 slot and the fast bowlers' spot the only ones which are not secured.
Against No. 1 test team with best bowling attack, I don't want to fill up my team with all the newbies and leaving our most experienced batsman out(who's available).