State elections 2013 thread: Delhi, MP, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Mizoram

The Outsider

You arent getting it my friend. These are absurd illogical senseless questions. check out the video tht i shared above from arnd 8m 50 secs to know why' date=' in the reply of cong. MLA amrinder singh lovely.[/quote'] There is no illogical or logical question. Congress on it's own accord (AAP did not ask for it) offered "unconditional support". Can you quantify what that means? No. In effect, Kejriwal just took up 18 questions which were in his manifesto pre-polls and asked Congress to clarify their position on the manifesto. If the questions were so illogical, why offer "unconditional support" in the first place? Clear bluff, called out by AAP in a smart move.

AAP has asked to clarify the meaning of "unconditional support". By definition' date=' "unconditional support" means you agree to everything AAP says while in the government. Knowing Congress history of "unconditional support", they have asked them to clarify them over 18 issues. Since Congress can't say YES on some of them including (but not limited to) Discom Audit etc. they are back to their usual rhetoric. In some ways, AAP has thrown the ball back into Congress' court and calling out their bluff.[/quote'] Unconditional support means the Cong will support AAP as long as AAP doesn't bring out unreasonable, childish and naive proposals like the ones they have promised and have asked in the letter to BJP/Cong. AAP should straight away come out and say Yes or No to the offer of support - these foolish tactics will only decrease their support among the public.

I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that. The sooner Kejriwal realizes that he is now a part of the system the better it will be for his party's future.
You underestimated AAP earlier and you are underestimating it's tactical nous again. And if you believe BJP were offering "issue based support" - read their letter. It is so sarcastic that it can go verbatim in the Faking News website. Both Congress/BJP playing typical "jugalbandi" and say "go ahead form the government".

Unconditional support means the Cong will support AAP as long as AAP doesn't bring out unreasonable, childish and naive proposals like the ones they have promised and have asked in the letter to BJP/Cong. AAP should straight away come out and say Yes or No to the offer of support - these foolish tactics will only decrease their support among the public.
In fact, the video posted by RG the Congress has already shifted from "unconditional support" to "outside support". Bravo! RG - the same 'dealing' (legislature + executive) MLA gives for AAP is applicable to BJP as well. But, the Congress never accused BJP of shying away from responsibility but accuses AAP. Strange!

There is no illogical or logical question. Congress on it's own accord (AAP did not ask for it) offered "unconditional support". Can you quantify what that means? No. In effect' date=' Kejriwal just took up 18 questions which were in his manifesto pre-polls and asked Congress to clarify their position on the manifesto. If the questions were so illogical, why offer "unconditional support" in the first place? Clear bluff, called out by AAP in a smart move.[/quote'] Wasn't AAP supposed to be different from the established, corrupt parties? If yes, then why is it now playing politics but sending this letter. If it wants to form the Govt then why doesn't it come out in the open and say that straight away and accept the support of either BJP or Cong. And if it doesn't want to form the Govt. then why can't they just say that and be done with it. They are acting exactly like other parties and then they call themselves different.

Wasn't AAP supposed to be different from the established' date= corrupt parties? If yes, then why is it now playing politics but sending this letter. If it wants to form the Govt then why doesn't it come out in the open and say that straight away and accept the support of either BJP or Cong. And if it doesn't want to form the Govt. then why can't they just say that and be done with it. They are acting exactly like other parties and then they call themselves different.
Acting like other parties? I mean how in the world is asking the XYZ parties to clarify their offer of support (which was never asked for) in public acting like other parties? You have been following politics for a lot of time - can you tell me how the offer of support was accepted in the past? By backroom deals. This is where AAP is different in terms of transparency. Did you miss the part where they said "we won't take support from BJP/Congress" like 1M+ times in the last 3 months? Also, the LG invited AAP to form the government. AAP is already different because it doesn't want to form government if it can't implement its manifesto. AAP promised their manifesto to be implemented in totality. People voted for them, now that they aren't in majority they can't implement their manifesto. Hence, they don't want to form the government. This is already different from the kind of politics we are used to in this country.

You underestimated AAP earlier and you are underestimating it's tactical nous again. And if you believe BJP were offering "issue based support" - read their letter. It is so sarcastic that it can go verbatim in the Faking News website. Both Congress/BJP playing typical "jugalbandi" and say "go ahead form the government".
In fact, the video posted by RG the Congress has already shifted from "unconditional support" to "outside support". Bravo! RG - the same 'dealing' (legislature + executive) MLA gives for AAP is applicable to BJP as well. But, the Congress never accused BJP of shying away from responsibility but accuses AAP. Strange!
It is very much obvious that Cong won't support BJP and AAP also has said that it won't support BJP so there cannot be a BJP led Govt. AAP, being the 2nd largest party is now being offered support to form the Govt. so the onus is on them to come to a decision but all they are doing is playing tactical games like typical political parties. As for underestimating them - nearly everyone got their tally wrong. But if you want you can mark my posts where I have said that AAP is not a party for the long run - I will be right on that one.

Acting like other parties? I mean how in the world is asking the XYZ parties to clarify their offer of support (which was never asked for) in public acting like other parties? You have been following politics for a lot of time - can you tell me how the offer of support was accepted in the past? By backroom deals. This is where AAP is different in terms of transparency. Did you miss the part where they said "we won't take support from BJP/Congress" like 1M+ times in the last 3 months? Also, the LG invited AAP to form the government. AAP is already different because it doesn't want to form government if it can't implement its manifesto. AAP promised their manifesto to be implemented in totality. People voted for them, now that they aren't in majority they can't implement their manifesto. Hence, they don't want to form the government. This is already different from the kind of politics we are used to in this country.
What I think is this - AAP, like most other people who followed these elections, didn't expect their own results to be so good as to be in a position to form the Govt. and now when the time has come, they are not ready to actually govern because they are only used to shouting and pointing fingers instead of taking responsibility but they don't want to be blamed for another election so they are playing these political games (while still calling themselves different from other parties) so as to pass the blame to Cong/BJP if & when they reject the outrageous proposals in the letter.

It is very much obvious that Cong won't support BJP and AAP also has said that it won't support BJP so there cannot be a BJP led Govt. AAP, being the 2nd largest party is now being offered support to form the Govt. so the onus is on them to come to a decision but all they are doing is playing tactical games like typical political parties.
Typical political parties would have bought out MLAs by ensuring them ministry posts. I can't imagine you would call this as as "typical". There will be so few instances of such a thing in the past that one could count that on fingers.

Typical political parties would have bought out MLAs by ensuring them ministry posts. I can't imagine you would call this as as "typical". There will be so few instances of such a thing in the past that one could count that on fingers.
I didn't see BJP (which I think would come within your definition of a typical party) doing that here even though they were the largest party.

Unconditional support means the Cong will support AAP as long as AAP doesn't bring out unreasonable, childish and naive proposals like the ones they have promised and have asked in the letter to BJP/Cong. AAP should straight away come out and say Yes or No to the offer of support - these foolish tactics will only decrease their support among the public.
People voted for them knowing very well about so called unreasonable, childish and naive proposals...:haha: Hence your personal opinion doesn't count , and AAP has duty bound to implement those proposals as promised by them before elections.

What I think is this - AAP' date=' like most other people who followed these elections, didn't expect their own results to be so good as to be in a position to form the Govt. and now when the time has come, they are not ready to actually govern because they are only used to shouting and pointing fingers instead of taking responsibility but they don't want to be blamed for another election so they are playing these political games (while still calling themselves different from other parties) so as to pass the blame to Cong/BJP if & when they reject the outrageous proposals in the letter.[/quote'] Good theory and here's mine. BJP (in particular)/Congress underestimated AAP and thought that one of the two will form the government while the other will be in the opposition. AAP will play third fiddle and that will essentially clamp down their voices. The elections threw a surprise and AAP came in the 2nd position. Now, BJP is afraid to form the government because it doesn't want to have AAP in the opposition. BJP can't ally with the Congress due to LS and there were too few seats in any case to horse trade (Jaitley accepted this on IBN). In addition, BJP has also been in MCD for the last 3 terms. BJP knows that AAP has a lose-lose situation in allying with the Congress since that would mean the tag of Congress B-Team made on it. BJP decides to let go the 1st position and see what happens. It also knows it will ride the Modi-wave after the LS elections to ensure a stronger performance in the VS re-elections. In the mean time, they make it as if they are serving people when in the past they have done horse trading. Congress sees an opening to be in power and doesn't want AAP even in the 2nd place offer a support which in reality is a bluff. BJP + Congress want to check mate AAP with the bluff. AAP sees the bluff and asks Congress to clarify their support effectively exposing their stand.

I didn't see BJP (which I think would come within your definition of a typical party) doing that here even though they were the largest party.
By your definition, anti-horse trading happens in every election where parties aren't elected with majority. BJP they could've formed the minority government as the single largest party if anti "horse trading" was their only agenda. They have done it in the past but stopped short of it this time "in public good". It would be naive not to call that bluff.

I am pretty sure if GE is not near, they would have been in power already after buying 3-4 cong MLAs and offering them minister post..:giggle: For ex, In karnataka they bought many MLAs from congress and made them ministers...They dont want to take the risk of bad press when election is so near, best strategy for them to opt out...

AAP circus continues :rofl: Like AAP leaders their supporters also riding moral horse :giggle:
:cantstop: AAP guys were doing very good, noble job till delhi elections, their rise was a very positive development in delhi election for the nation. but since the results are out, their thinking has crashed. Be it on gov. forming, be it their other comments, be it on lokpal. Anna, Kiran bedi, even the parliament more or less agrees on lokpal but these guys are adamant on their draconian version of it. They got to have a serious relook at themselves.