Any of you have next-gen consoles?

gorah_pindu

I have seen that trailer before but completely missed that. I suppose you like Turn based RPGs a lot. Tried Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata yet? I played the demos but couldnt get into it. Everytime i get a chance to try a turn based RPG, i do (incl. some FF)but just can't get the charm of those games. Even in Jade Empire or Marvel ultimate alliance, after the 1st few hours, i didn't care about the side quests or powering up.....Just did it if it came across the stroyline.Completed both in under 20 hours and thought they dragged on a little. So i really cant imagine playing a 70 hour game.
Im a fan of JRPGs for the story :)

Never been on xbox live but isnt it similar to multiplayer on ps3 or is it different ?
For starters, PSN is free. Everything except multiplayer is free on XBL. It works out to 4$ per month for XBL but the features are so different when compared to PSN even if they charge 20$ per month, millions will subscribe to XBL. Some features that they differ on: In XBL, you can add a gamertag (or the id) of a person and you can play on any games with this person. You can voice chat with him when u 2 r playing diff games. You can invite or get invited for any game at any time. Basically it is as close to a lan party, in a room with ur buddies, as you can get thro online. In PSN, once you get into a game,you are disconnected from the rest of the world. You can only invite the person if he is logged in the same game , you can't read msg or invites till you log off the game.....You cant have custom soundtracks for games which is seamless in XBL(Imagine playing a racer with your own soundtrack instead of the games)....thr are many more. You can find them in a lot of websites. Add to that, MS asks its devs to build the game around online if possible. So you can see a lot of games with online co-op. Halo 3 got 4 player co-op. Crackdown got 2. Plus since its free for devs, they sometime put online in 360 games and not on PS3 games ,most notable SEGA (Virtua tennis,virtua fighter).You can upload pics and movies directly to a website in some games. So much more. Contents wise, thr are 123 (i checked yest) game demos and that is only retail games. Every single arcade game has a demo too. So that goes to nearly 250 games with demos compared with 30 in PSN. Plus XBL got movies,TV (like a rental) etc.But PSN is free.Ofcourse,you get all the above mentioned features for free in XBL except online multiplayer.

EA cricket 08 is not announced yet. Heard a long time back that Codemasters were making a cricket title for the Wii but nothing has been officially announced yet. Anyway, recent EA and Brian Lara cricket has been really bad and the only things that keep them running are the mods from the PC community. So i don't expect to see anything good on the consoles.