Vengsarkar's comments came at wrong time: Rajput

beetle

Has been dropped? Are we playing South Africa currently? :hysterical: And yes vengy is chief selector, my mistake there. So HS as a Sachin fan what were you expecting when Ponting suggested that "I would much rather face Sachin(and oldies) because we know their game"...and how has SRT's performance been thus far? Also considering he would be dropped/rested(as per vengsarkar's previous comment) what do you think should SRT do to make this series a success overall(for him). Lets see what your expectation is of the man. xxx
Oh, so him being dropped doesnt matter eh? just coz we aint playing em When Ponting said that BS, I was hoping it would come back to haunt him Hasnt happenned as yet. Frankly, he looked average in the last game.. but he stuck it out.. looked to get into some form.. but got out at the wrong moment. Its a shame that nobody else is even looking to occupy the crease except Dhoni and SRT. That'll help immensly, wait and watch I dont think this series can be called a success for him, unless he produces atleast 2 matchwinning innings. An average of over 45 would satisfy me.

i am glad someone said something about this.... all THREE need to retire from ODIs.. ganguly isnt fit for ODIs in the first place.. just too slow .. dravid .-- if he cant deliver in next game.. sideline him.. pick someone else Dhoni.. SRT - 30-40s is not good enough.. yes you do enjoy the game.. but now enjoy only Test matches.. and let juniors enjoy the game.. We need 0-6, 1-5 is disgraceful.. 4-2 will be bad.. 3-3 is ok.. ..

BCCI warns Vengsarkar and Rajput New Delhi: The BCCI has stepped in to stop the war of words in its own ranks. The BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah said in Rajkot on Tuesday that if the selectors are not happy with the performance of senior players, then they can be dropped, but the matter shouldn't be raked up in the media. "If selectors are not happy with the performance of seniors, the selection committee can drop them. But they should not go to the media to discuss the matter," Shah said.

91007bcci_313.jpg

Shah also said that the Board had cautioned both chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar and manager Lalchand Rajput. Vengsarkar had recently said that no player should take his place for granted. Rajput responded by saying that he should not have made such comments in the middle of a series.