Syria chemical weapons allegations

gs

Well we are entering into a conflict which is more than 500 years old. The battle is not just against Assad. It is establishing Sunni ascendancy on the region. It is pretty clear that once you damage Assad' date=' it will leave the Shias open to attack and rest assured they will be cleansed off the land. There are no good choices here.[/quote'] First of all, I am not sure what you are saying is true. I am not saying this to discredit your view. Just that I am not aware of the facts of the ground and I am entirely sure you are correct either. Having said, assuming you are right - It is not like it’s all nice and dainty for the Syrians right, isn’t it? 1400 of their own people just got murdered.. Cannot get much worse than that in my opinion. Plus, the international community cannot be held accountable for the craziness of the Arabs. It is the job of the community to ensure there is maximum deterrent to the use of these weapons world-wide. If somebody (or some regime) uses it, they have to be erased. What happens in that country after that is that country’s own business? The opportunity will be created. How they capitalize on it is in their own hands.

From what I've read' date=' the first bomb can be justified to put an end to the war. But the second was unnecessary and most cruel and inhumane.[/quote'] Actually Japan was accepting the same terms of surrender prior to the nuke blasts that they eventually ended up accepting. So nukes were unnecessary. http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_Weber.html

Btw, if anyone needs any more proof that the UN as a whole is an absolutely inept and impotent body, this is it. when the whole world knew Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, they were powerless to stop the Americans from invading. Now, common sense says the Syrian regime used WMDs, they are powerless to intervene as well. What a waste of space/time/money. ****** these useless idiots.

If i have crazy neighbor next door who has dangerous weapons that he has previously mis-used against his own family or his adversaries, I am going to do all that I can do to ensure that guy is stripped of those weapons (or) he no longer lives next to me. I cannot have my family live under the constant shadow of violent acts. What happens to that guy or his family is not my business. If they become homeless, that is too bad, but that is not my problem.

From what I've read' date=' the first bomb can be justified to put an end to the war. But the second was unnecessary and most cruel and inhumane.[/quote'] No. The allies waited for Japan to surrender after the first bombing. That didn't happen and so America went for the second. Even then it could not be justified, but at the same time neither can totally be dismissed as evilisitc.

You honestly think the rebels bombed themselves in the hope that the international community will intervene? Have you heard that happen before in the history of humanity?
You should go to liveleak/syria and watch vids of these rebels. They are barbaric and inhumane beyond measure. Nothing they have done proves they have any love for Syria or her people. Sucide bombings in public areas, public executions, rapes, kidnappings, indiscriminate shelling on populated centers, destroying public infrastructure, cutting electricity, heck there are even video of the rebels shooting down PWD workers, fixing electricity lines. These rebels are in this for their own gains and honestly doubt they will stop at anything. Moreso prior to the attack the rebels were caught with Sarin canisters in Turkey. "EbbTide64: Why is the media assuming that it was Assad who was responsible, when there are reports (here, here & here) of the rebels being caught with sarin? It is not the media that is assuming that Assad is responsible. The Guardian and other media have reported claims and assessments by the US, UK, France and the Syrian rebels, and of course official Syrian denials. Only western governments have provided any evidence at all, however adequate or convincing it is judged. All three governments also state categorically that the rebels did not have the capacity to mount a CW attack on the scale of what occurred on 21 August. All have stated they are relying on classified sources as well as the precedent of earlier, smaller attacks. More detail is clearly needed to convince sceptics, given the experience of the Iraq WMD dossier. It has previously been reported that members of the al-Nusra front were caught with sarin nerve gas in Turkey – and this has been echoed by Syrian state media. Dale Gavlak, an independent journalist, has reported a belief that nerve agents used in Ghouta were supplied by Saudi Arabia." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/syria-crisis-questions-answered Finally of all times why would Assad use chemical weapons at a time like this, moreso in Damsacus where his army does have considerable presence. He'd have hit Aleppo instead right?

If i have crazy neighbor next door who has dangerous weapons that he has previously mis-used against his own family or his adversaries' date=' I am going to do all that I can do to ensure that guy is stripped of those weapons (or) he no longer lives next to me. I cannot have my family live under the constant shadow of violent acts. What happens to that guy or his family is not my business. If they become homeless, that is too bad, but that is not my problem.[/quote'] Good. You agree with me then in having zero tolernace and hard line approach to our crazy neighbours of pakistan!

First of all, I am not sure what you are saying is true. I am not saying this to discredit your view. Just that I am not aware of the facts of the ground and I am entirely sure you are correct either. Having said, assuming you are right - It is not like it’s all nice and dainty for the Syrians right, isn’t it? 1400 of their own people just got murdered.. Cannot get much worse than that in my opinion. Plus, the international community cannot be held accountable for the craziness of the Arabs. It is the job of the community to ensure there is maximum deterrent to the use of these weapons world-wide. If somebody (or some regime) uses it, they have to be erased. What happens in that country after that is that country’s own business? The opportunity will be created. How they capitalize on it is in their own hands.
Unfortunately, what I am saying is true. Alawites, Christian and Shias will be cleansed from Syria and it will spill to Iraq and Lebanon.

Btw, if anyone needs any more proof that the UN as a whole is an absolutely inept and impotent body, this is it. when the whole world knew Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, they were powerless to stop the Americans from invading. Now, common sense says the Syrian regime used WMDs, they are powerless to intervene as well. What a waste of space/time/money. ****** these useless idiots.
Now, if common sense starts dictating the decisions for going to war instead of actual evidence nailing up ability, then you know something is wrong.

Good. You agree with me then in having zero tolernace and hard line approach to our crazy neighbours of pakistan!
Yes, If I were the indian govt, I will do all that I possibly can to strip Pakistan of all WMDs.
Now' date=' if common sense starts dictating the decisions for going to war instead of actual evidence nailing up ability, then you know something is wrong.[/quote'] ‘common sense’ is from the evidence.

You should go to liveleak/syria and watch vids of these rebels. They are barbaric and inhumane beyond measure. Nothing they have done proves they have any love for Syria or her people. Sucide bombings in public areas, public executions, rapes, kidnappings, indiscriminate shelling on populated centers, destroying public infrastructure, cutting electricity, heck there are even video of the rebels shooting down PWD workers, fixing electricity lines. These rebels are in this for their own gains and honestly doubt they will stop at anything. Moreso prior to the attack the rebels were caught with Sarin canisters in Turkey. "EbbTide64: Why is the media assuming that it was Assad who was responsible, when there are reports (here, here & here) of the rebels being caught with sarin? It is not the media that is assuming that Assad is responsible. The Guardian and other media have reported claims and assessments by the US, UK, France and the Syrian rebels, and of course official Syrian denials. Only western governments have provided any evidence at all, however adequate or convincing it is judged. All three governments also state categorically that the rebels did not have the capacity to mount a CW attack on the scale of what occurred on 21 August. All have stated they are relying on classified sources as well as the precedent of earlier, smaller attacks. More detail is clearly needed to convince sceptics, given the experience of the Iraq WMD dossier. It has previously been reported that members of the al-Nusra front were caught with sarin nerve gas in Turkey – and this has been echoed by Syrian state media. Dale Gavlak, an independent journalist, has reported a belief that nerve agents used in Ghouta were supplied by Saudi Arabia." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/syria-crisis-questions-answered Finally of all times why would Assad use chemical weapons at a time like this, moreso in Damsacus where his army does have considerable presence. He'd have hit Aleppo instead right?
Dude, i am not saying help the rebels. I am saying punish those who used the chemical weapons.. whoever they turn out to be.

It's like chess. USA never expected the Syrian government to make positive strides towards chemical weapons disarmament. Now what happen?
They can always cook up evidence. Perhaps Asaad doesn't handover the entire cache? or gives some to Hezbollah? With Iraq over and Afghanistan ending, US needs another war. Its like an addict needing a fix. Rest of the World needs to get with the program.

Dude' date=' i am not saying help the rebels. I am saying punish those who used the chemical weapons.. whoever they turn out to be.[/quote'] At this stage after 2 years of propaganda for the rebels, you honestly think the western governments will take a stand against them? That aside if the rebels are charged with chemical weapons use, doesn't that make Obama, Hague, Hollande their accomplices and thus liable to be legally charged? And that's definitely never gonna happen. Th problem is that the west is stuck neck deep in their support of these rebels.