South Indian food kicks butt!!!!!!

Gaurav

Have you tried Gujrati Food in Ghatkopar.They rock ! The irony here is I was traveling to SEEPZ via Ghatkopar and we use to have Gujarati snacks of Paapdi and Jaleebi every day for breakfast.
Paapdi and all that is cool, that thali is just not my cup of cake But, I have always been stubborn with my food. As a kid, I never ate onions, I wanted my dal strained on the rice, I liked everything plain., I ate khichdi with sugar, I hated milk and my taste for South Indian food came when my dad used to take me to this Udipi restaurant at Fort

Do Southies eat any meat ?
They do. They usually also insist on pouring entire acres-worth of chili powder in their meat curries, which, despite addition of any other ingredient (including copious amounts of turmeric or garam masala), inevitable, looks menacingly blood-red. Tastes amazing if you have a fire-proofed larynx, otherwise you better show up with a barrel of water to extinguish the flames you'll belch out. I am willing to consider south-Indians to be a different species of humanoids simply based on the fact that they have inhumane lust and tolerance for red chili-powder. They make us northies, the 'spicy Chinese' ( Szchechuan style cooking) or the 'hot southerners' of Cajun/Creole/Latino fame look like a bunch of sweet-craving cissies. :two_thumbs_up:

They do. They usually also insist on pouring entire acres-worth of chili powder in their meat curries, which, despite addition of any other ingredient (including copious amounts of turmeric or garam masala), inevitable, looks menacingly blood-red. Tastes amazing if you have a fire-proofed larynx, otherwise you better show up with a barrel of water to extinguish the flames you'll belch out. I am willing to consider south-Indians to be a different species of humanoids simply based on the fact that they have inhumane lust and tolerance for red chili-powder. They make us northies, the 'spicy Chinese' ( Szchechuan style cooking) or the 'hot southerners' of Cajun/Creole/Latino fame look like a bunch of sweet-craving cissies. :two_thumbs_up:
haha so true, did you know that there is a side dish which is basically red chili powder mixed with some ghee/oil. And they eat it with Dosas. So hot but sooooo damn tasty :yay:

South Indian breakfast (Idly Sambar + Masala Dosa + Filter Coffee) Punjabi lunch (Tandoori Roti + Bhindi masala) Samosa with Chai as snack. Punjabi dinner (Naan + Bhartha + Raita) That would be my ideal Indian food for the day.

South Indian breakfast (Idly Sambar + Masala Dosa + Filter Coffee) Punjabi lunch (Tandoori Roti + Bhindi masala) Samosa with Chai as snack. Punjabi dinner (Naan + Bhartha + Raita) That would be my ideal Indian food for the day.
Arent we supposed to get lighter as the day progresses ? This is getting heavier with every meal. :D

They do. They usually also insist on pouring entire acres-worth of chili powder I am willing to consider south-Indians to be a different species of humanoids simply based on the fact that they have inhumane lust and tolerance for red chili-powder.
Wow, is that true? Or, is it just that you continue your habit of massive generalisation, and a continuing lack of inhibition (speaking for a billion, if I remember right) even in your current reincarnation?