South Indian food kicks butt!!!!!!

Gaurav

Marirs in the second last photo there is a powder. Last time I ate that powder with dosa/idli was 10+ years ago :confused_smile: Do you know what that powder is called?
I dont know what you call that in English Gaurav , but in Tamil its called " Molaga Podi" , which translates simply as Chilli powder. Generally , they add a bit of oil to and it eat with the Dosa. Absolute heaven it is !

i perhpaz only eat dosa out all south indian food.. one of my friend's mom keep sending me idli thinking that we don't have anyone here to make food so she sends idli to our house whenever she makes.. thing is i have never eaten idli through out my life and never would too.. i keep praising her that "aunty, it was great" and now because of that, whenever she makes she sends one extra idli everytime just because she thinks i love it.. and i have to distribute then among all of my friends..

South Indian Food = Not just snacks !:D
Well, for me I love to eat it for Breakfast I can never have it as dinner and maybe for lunch But again, I only eat Idli, Wada and Dosas. I had many sandwich dosas too ( not sure if you ever tried that )

Well, for me I love to eat it for Breakfast I can never have it as dinner and maybe for lunch But again, I only eat Idli, Wada and Dosas. I had many sandwich dosas too ( not sure if you ever tried that )
Actually their are lots of Rice dishes like Pongal , Bissibele bath , Vangi bath etc to name a few which should would make a good lunch.

Actually their are lots of Rice dishes like Pongal ' date=' Bissibele bath , Vangi bath etc to name a few which should would make a good lunch.[/quote'] See when you goto a South Indian Rest., its normally given to order the usual idlis and a variety of dosas So, atleast for me..never got to try the other dishes and those things are best home cooked -- One thing I cannot stand or even imagine to eat is Gujarati food..( the sweet stuff )..no offence

See when you goto a South Indian Rest., its normally given to order the usual idlis and a variety of dosas So, atleast for me..never got to try the other dishes and those things are best home cooked -- One thing I cannot stand or even imagine to eat is Gujarati food..( the sweet stuff )..no offence [/quote]
Have you tried Gujrati Food in Ghatkopar.They rock ! The irony here is I was traveling to SEEPZ via Ghatkopar and we use to have Gujarati snacks of Paapdi and Jaleebi every day for breakfast.