SHUT UP ALREADY - the Arun Lal thread

Mr. Wicket

Oh dear christ I hate this man. Almost as much as I loathe and despite Mangy, or Bob Willis. I didn't think it possible for a man to go through several years of life playing and watching cricket, to still know seemingly f*ck all about the game. Arun Lal has proved me wrong there. This cretin can barely tell us what shot is being played or what variation of a ball's been bowled, even after a few slow motion replays, and seems to be oblivious to half the rules in the game. And now he's turning into the Mohammad Yousuf of pitch reporting, telling us first that the pitch looks flat, then that there are "some runs in the pitch", and then suddenly speaking about it as if it's a minefield. Do us all a favour Arun and shut up. Whether this means shoving your head a little further up your arse until all we can hear are incoherent mumbles (skip that actually, we get enough on your commentary), shoving a towel down your mouth or just staying away from a live microphone, shut up. I miss Ravi Shastri.

Why does he have to sound so out of context ? Its like he is commentating on a different event altogether.
He usually is. He was talking at one point about selling tickets on trees, and going on about a ball change after 30 years. Not sure which sport - if any - he was on about there...