T420 Champions: India

Guest HariSampath

If there is one thing that i have understood after reading this 10 page thread, it is - Eternal truth of the world ( as propagated by Mr.Hari) - If there is comparson between anything/anyone Indian and any other thing, however rubbish it is , the Indian thing/person is always at fault/lesser Example - Prabhakar and Mongia are the devil's re-incarnation while Mark Waugh , Shane Warne are all the direct descendants of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

Ya I am almost off to sleep :D' date= I was just going through the list of all fixed games in the report of CBI, and suddenly I remembered a few that have been confirmed by the CBI, and those who did those games in Indian team, absorbing report :-) :tounge_smile:
Thanks for small mercies:haha:
If there is one thing that i have understood after reading this 10 page thread, it is - Eternal truth of the world ( as propagated by Mr.Hari) - If there is comparson between anything/anyone Indian and any other thing, however rubbish it is , the Indian thing/person is always at fault/lesser Example - Prabhakar and Mongia are the devil's re-incarnation while Mark Waugh , Shane Warne are all the direct descendants of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
There is one little word to sum up all that - WHITEWASHED :D:D:D
Guest HariSampath
And what you understand by reading threads is very clear. All you do is to attribute statements like you have said above to me, in order to skirt the main issue. See below what I had said about Mark Waugh and Warne. >>CA cannot and will not be able to sustain charges against its players, and so the 2 rogues got away scot free. But those 2 rogues and that was only a drop in the ocean, remember hansi Cronje << I had explicitly stated what I thought of them, yet you say I project them to be descendants of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, so as to twist and discredit my other opinions as invalid. Further in the same vein, I had explicitly stated that I hated any cricketer of any country at anytime, if he indulged in cheating for money in a match... yet you seem to derive some small time pleasure by giving a different twist. Before even making an attempt to debate, learn to read properly, understand the messages , see the argument, and then post. And of course others can and will cheer your so called smart posts and think you are all scoring victories, but when you are thus exposed as hollow they will remain discreetly silent. When you can't even see stated facts, and try to twist, how then can you debate ?
Guest HariSampath
:hysterical::hysterical:@ Observer's poetry............
and you know the poetry sucks....cos the words were all wrong , you must feel rather silly now:P
And what you understand by reading threads is very clear. All you do is to attribute statements like you have said above to me, in order to skirt the main issue. See below what I had said about Mark Waugh and Warne. >>CA cannot and will not be able to sustain charges against its players, and so the 2 rogues got away scot free. But those 2 rogues and that was only a drop in the ocean, remember hansi Cronje Mr.Hari . what you have told in that post is absolutely true , EVERY single world of it - Yes , you criticized Mark Waugh and Shane Warne - Yes , I didnt read your posts properly. - Yes , I derive small time pleasure by giving your twists to your post. - Yes , the next i attempt to debate properly , i should learn to read properly and understand the posts. - Yes , now when i stand exposed , others may remain discreetly silent. Having accepted all your allegations with humility, i would really love to say one thing and this really important so you better listen. There is one very vital thing on this world, which lightens up all our days. Its pronounced H-U-M-O-U-R ( if you follow british english) or H-U-M-O-R ( if you are more american). I suggest you somehow try to develop a sense for it. Good luck ! :two_thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath
Mr.Hari . what you have told in that post is absolutely true , EVERY single world of it - Yes , you criticized Mark Waugh and Shane Warne - Yes , I didnt read your posts properly. - Yes , I derive small time pleasure by giving your twists to your post. - Yes , the next i attempt to debate properly , i should learn to read properly and understand the posts. - Yes , now when i stand exposed , others may remain discreetly silent. Having accepted all your allegations with humility, i would really love to say one thing and this really important so you better listen. There is one very vital thing on this world, which lightens up all our days. Its pronounced H-U-M-O-U-R ( if you follow british english) or H-U-M-O-R ( if you are more american). I suggest you somehow try to develop a sense for it. Good luck ! :two_thumbs_up:
Sure I do have it. I do know of both types you have mentioned and the difference is more than U :regular_smile: and looks like it had to be S-P-E-L-T out !
Sure I do have it. I do know of both types you have mentioned and the difference is more than U :regular_smile: and looks like it had to be S-P-E-L-T out !
Now why dont use all the intellect and wordplay and say a few charitable words about the Indian team , instead of just highlighting its foibles ? After all , no institution/individual is perfect.
Guest HariSampath
Now why dont use all the intellect and wordplay and say a few charitable words about the Indian team ' date=' instead of just highlighting its foibles ? After all , no institution/individual is perfect.[/quote'] Given the team performance, I do think that some intellect, more wordplay and a LOT of charity is required to make it appear average :haha:
Given the team performance' date=' I do think that some intellect, more wordplay and a LOT of charity is required to make it appear average :haha:[/quote'] Your expectations and standards being so lofty , i would like to think a team as mediocre as our cricket team doesnt deserve your precious time and energy. Why dont you expend your otherwise wasted energy for more constructive causes like saving the planet from climate change or say campaigning against the Iraq war ? I am sure those are causes are worth your time and effort.
Guest HariSampath
Your expectations and standards being so lofty ' date=' i would like to think a team as mediocre as our cricket team doesnt deserve your precious time and energy. Why dont you expend your otherwise wasted energy for more constructive causes like saving the planet from climate change or say campaigning against the Iraq war ? I am sure those are causes are worth your time and effort.[/quote'] As I am an Indian cricket fan, wanting Team India to play good games of cricket and win, I support them, maybe critical, yes, perhaps harshly critical of performances and even motivations, but all that is part of being a cricket fan of the team. I had even contributed some small bits to the game of cricket internationally. In fact way back in the year 2000, I had prepared a paper on the concepts of balancing the toss factor by including flexibilty for teams as well as the concept of roving overs in ODIs. I had worked with former Indian captain Srikkanth , a close friend for these things. he had introduced it to ICC technical commitee a year later and what we call poweplays since 2005/6 was a result of ICC technical commitee receiving those things very well 6 years back, in 2001. You can try searching the words "srikkanth roving overs" and there will be some news reports, obviously not my name as I am a nobody. I had worked with BCCI too for many things to be include/changed in the cricket issues of India
Guest HariSampath
Your expectations and standards being so lofty ' date=' i would like to think a team as mediocre as our cricket team doesnt deserve your precious time and energy. Why dont you expend your otherwise wasted energy for more constructive causes like saving the planet from climate change or say campaigning against the Iraq war ? I am sure those are causes are worth your time and effort.[/quote'] I have been saving the planet ever since I was born. Proof is its still there :wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath

Here it is.....May 2001... Srikkanth's suggestion well received CHENNAI, MAY 30. The dasher from Chennai is back in the city after attending the International Cricket Council's (ICC) technical committee meeting in London on May 24 and 25. ``It was a wonderful experience for me, sharing my views with fellow cricketers, to make the game more exciting and positive,'' former India captain Krishnamachari Srikkanth told The Hindu, here, on Wednesday. He was particularly pleased that his innovative suggestion of having 15 overs of `roving field restrictions' in one day Internationals was extremely well received, though the idea has not yet been implemented. ``There was a feeling that the one-dayers were getting too predictable. This way the fielding captain can have the field restrictions of 15 overs in batches of five overs at any point of the innings. I feel it would add a lot in terms of strategy, planning, tactics. It would bring in a new dimension to the game with an element of surprise thrown in. This would also make things much more balanced. On flat wickets of the sub-continent, the pacemen often stand little chance in the first 15 overs,'' revealed Srikkanth. He said the Aussies had favoured the stationing of one more fielder in the circle in the period between the 15th and 30th overs, since the game tended to become defensive during that phase. However, some felt this move would be harsh on the spinners, and the idea was dropped. Srikkanth sounded thrilled about the points system for the one- day Internationals that could come into effect soon. There would be four points for a win, and two for a tie or `no play'. What makes the new proposal interesting is the `one bonus point' that will be up for grabs if a side wins by a handsome margin or maintains a particular run-rate-the exact margins and figures are being worked out. ``This extra point can be so crucial, especially in a triangular competition. This way, sides that win comprehensively will also be rewarded,'' said the man who always believed in entertainment. Revolutionary idea Another revolutionary idea, that could change the way we look at cricket-having 12 `playing' cricketers in a match-came up for discussion. It would still be a eleven man game with the additional player coming in to bat, bowl, or field, much like a substitute in football or hockey. ``Actually, this is already being tried in certain competitions in Australia,'' observed Srikkanth. The proposal has not been passed. ``I thoroughly enjoyed exchanging views with my contemporaries like Allan Border, Siddath Wettimuny, and of course, Sunil Gavaskar who chaired the meeting,'' said Srikkanth. He also spoke about the formation of a group called the Federation of International Cricketers Association (FICA) comprising countries like Australia and Zimbabwe. ``They put forward their views. We did not know about this formation at all and were taken by surprise.'' As u can see from here the roving overs concept I had proposed to Srikkanth was first accepted by the ICC and then 5 years later they formalised power plats. The ICC did not want to accept the socond part of my paper which was a system of balancing the toss factor with flexibility of team change. My concept was later years partly introduced temporarily as the super sub rule, but what they did was a bad move and was not at all what I had proposed which was a much better model. I hope to convince ICC again with that model. Meanwhile I have been working to get rid of the D/L system as it is a bigtime suckc formula in my opinion.

Guest HariSampath

My roving overs concept, which was developed along with Srikkanth was in fact blocks of overs of 5 overs each after the first 10. With his tremendous International experience of more than a decade and as a pioneer in the concept of aggressive batting at the top, in ODI, it was his experience which helped us to identify "waht is good for batsme, what is fair to bowlers and what is good for game" formula. We had , then, developed a : first 10 overs : 2 fielders outside 30 yard line : the remaining 40 overs divided into 2 five over blocks with 3 fielders outside, 2 five over blocks with 4 fielders outside and 4 five over blocks with 5 fielders outside , allowed. After the first 10 overs compulsory, the remaining 8 blocks of 5 overs become "roving overs". This is a system that will allow fielding teams to contest the following with more strategy. 1. Aggressive batsmen at anytime of the innings with more fielders outside ( whenever the batsme are at the wkt ) 2. Use of spinners at anytime taking the required block of 3 fielder or 4 or 5 option. 3. Opting to attack or fall back on defence anytime, while retaining the option of spin, while yeat adjusting to sudden fall of wkts and quicly bowl a 3 fielder over block , even in the 25-30 overs if necessary etc. More options, more strategy. 4. Batting teams will also have to rethink their strategy and the gap between the much easier options for openers and the far more difficult situation for middle order players will reduce, everyone getting equalised scoring opportunities.