T420 Champions: India

Guest HariSampath

I have played cricket from the age of 5 , played gully cricket, school cricket, U-15, club league, u-19, college, Rohinton Baria Inter University for 3 straight years, captained University..... even as an old man of 35, I have played in the California league as well.. I have seen many many match situations in cricket, I have played in fixed matches, where some teams had arranged to be played in order to avoid relegation or to win championships, I have taken blows on my face off the new ball, faced Ranji trophy bolwers clobbered them, had my face cut etc.... Ok ?
..over a period of time, we would like to take your word for it, For any newcomer to a site, its a bit too much to gulp in one shot and I can bet there is atleast 10% exaggeration given the heat of this Thread So you from California or Madras
Guest HariSampath

by the way, I never said that all matches are fixed. I only said for last 14-15 years....so many games have been fixed by bookies and players have thrown games. These days , I have been shouting hoarse, too many players allow pesonal commercial/sponsors/contracts issues to dominate their thoughts when they go out to play for India, and many times over the long run, this results in India losing and these players performig repectably just to be in the side.... this must stop. I had been saying this for many many years everywhere. Let me tell you something, I had known 3 Indian captains personally, I am on good talking terms with 2 of them and also several players ( top players with 100's of ODIs), I have known more than a dozen Intgernational players personally for the last 20 years. I had been in a hotel room personally , physically present, eyewitness as test players in that team told me that test has been fixed.... want more... ??? Upto certain limits I can say certain things, but beyond all this, what I have heard... if you had heard directly and seen..... you will never ever watch cricket again

These days , I have been shouting hoarse, too many players allow pesonal commercial/sponsors/contracts issues to dominate their thoughts when they go out to play for India, and many times over the long run, this results in India losing and these players performig repectably just to be in the side.... this must stop. I had been saying this for many many years everywhere.
this is the crappiest thing ppl say.. doing adv's no way results in one's performance.. how the heck sachin saying "nothing official about it" in a pepsi add would effect his game.. just when Indian loses, and ppl don't have anything to say, thent hey bring this adv thing and give that a reason for INdia's defeat.. total crap this is..
Guest HariSampath
EDITED: ADVERTISING And my main agenda is the former players run the game entirely with the administrators phased out, the game getting back into the fans hands through a organized sytematic accountability structure, strengthening of state associations, and getting fan base support for State sides as passionately as they support Indian sides.
Guest HariSampath
Well, do you have any pictures and stories to share with us Perhaps this thread would interest you http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=415&highlight=srinath
My association with Krish Srikkanth and Mohammed Azharuddhin over 25 years will fill 2 books of Indian cricket stories, but I will have to ask Cheeka, and also Ajju how much I can write online within their levels of comfort. I am sure you see the issues that would be involved here.
Guest HariSampath
Sorry' date=' Hari..although your intentions might be good but its basically advertising[/quote'] advertising what ? my projects ? no way man, this is no place for me to get anything big and when I do advertise, it will be professionally done thru conventional media. I just dont feel there is any value add for advertising here. I had been a fan member, thats what I will be. I mentioned cetain things about my "10% exaggeration" so I gave some background on where I come from in the cricket setup, pure and simple. In any case I am not advt any site or anything here, as those things are loong way off, and when top cricketers participate, I will leave it to them to do it professional reachout to thw whole world.
Guest HariSampath

In fact, if fans here would like it, there are some other Indian cricketrs playing now, whom I can ask to write for this forum if they have time, perhaps a simple Hi to fans etc..maybe an online chat... I dont know...

Guest HariSampath

I treat this just as a virtual cricket stadium where I can hotly debate cricket issues, watch games with other fans, sharing cussing , cheering debating all stuff etc.... just to be a fan, thats all, thats what I am basically. all the rest is an extension of this basic feeling

Guest HariSampath
EDITED: ADVERTISING And my main agenda is the former players run the game entirely with the administrators phased out, the game getting back into the fans hands through a organized sytematic accountability structure, strengthening of state associations, and getting fan base support for State sides as passionately as they support Indian sides.
I would like to add to your comment : I have NOT advertised any website of mine nor do I have any website. I just mentioned a specific consistent with the above mentioned agenda
Guest HariSampath
so' date=' hari, what do you think of the allrgrd involvement of puttaparthi sai baba in match fixing?[/quote'] I doubt it very much because he has far more profitable ways of spending his time with much bigger turnovers than a mere 1000 crores per game :wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath
Hari' date=' why are you evading my questions directed specifically to you? Thought you wanted to talk about cricket?[/quote'] sorry, which Q, which post ?
Guest HariSampath
Why the winking emoticon' date=' Hari ?[/quote'] my theory behind answering your original question is like " why would a successful counterfeiter making perfect forgeries of $1000 bills want to change to a profession of a pickpocket in a Mumbai train" :P:hmmmm2:
Guest HariSampath

This is my reponse to what most people defending Ganguly and blaming our lower order are saying, particularly shwetabh and Chandan in the other threads shwethab >>> am not asking for any fireworks or 7-8 RPO periods. Just normal 5-6 RPO milking between the 36th and 42nd over which any team having any ambitions of winning an ODI should be able to do While either of our openers were in the middle we were well ahead of where Australia were at that stage<< Quote by Chandan viewpost.gif qs.gif What rubbish!! Did you even see the match? Did you see what Australia's scores were at those times when Ganguly was at the crease? They were about 15 runs behind us with 3 more wickets down. Still they went on to score a mammoth 317 runs. Why? Because their middle order stood up. Symonds was and has been like a pillar throughout this series which none of our MO batsman have even come near to it in terms od performance let alone emulating him! And you are thinking that Ganguly's ball consumption led to our failure?? qe.gif Here is what I felt about our run chase on the other thread. For those who even now imagine that there are no batsmen in India with their own agenda and not playing for India to win, as I have been saying all through this thread, yesterday and Ganguly proved me correct and spot on. ********************************************************** I saw the match and noticed the following things' 1. India needed 318 to win off 300 balls and all Indians knew it, that is 50 overs. 2.Ganguly and Dravid, consumed 20 overs between them and scored 90 runs and the rest of the 30 overs yielded 209 runs 3. Duribg the entire period Ganguly was batting, all batsmen at the other end Sachin and Irfan were scoring at run a ball, and that is the only reason Ganguly' pathetic effort was camouflaged to some extent. 4. Comparing where each team was at similar stages can be misleading, because if what you had said is an exact parallel, then who was there in India to score at 10 rpo for the last 10 overs ? Also, after losing early wkt, Aus through Gilly and Ponting were still scoring at 7 + runs per over. So what was India's acoring rate at the same period especially as no early wkts lost and also knowing we needed 6.3 to win ? 5. When a 300 plus chase is on, there is no question of batting slowly first and leaving it to others at a very high required rate. From the word go, we needed to get off to a very quick start at 8 an over and reduce pressure on the batsmen to follow. The conditions were helpful fast bowlers got no assistance, boundaries were very small and outfield was lightning quick. With all this, when we needed 6.3, the openers were all the time scoring at maxumum 5.5 and that too was due to Sachin playing quickly at run a ball. 6 Usually when a batsman starts slow then plays long innings the innings becomes acceptable only if he accelerates towards the end and finishes with at least run a ball, but Ganguly got 21 off the first 25 balls and then played 86 balls more for his next 63 runs The facts are even during the 2nd part of his innings, he scored 24 off his next 41 balls faced, that is he was 45 off 66 , and then 39 off the further 45 balls in the 3rd part of his inngs.This shows conclusively that as the asking rate was progressively climbing to 8+ an over, he made NO effort at any stage of his innings to play faster, in other words, all other batsmen were scoring at runs ball all through when even that rate was not enough, and Ganguly was personally consuming 4 full overs for no run ,over and above the run a ball minimum requirement, that is play at run a ball and then play 4 maiden overs. 7. The momentum of the inngs was very badly disrupted all through the innings when Ganguly was at the crease, we all know how important it is for scoring batsmen to get strike contnuously. But looking at Ganguly's innings, just see the spells of dot balls that are there. Sachin never got to face the bowling continuously when he was striking the ball well. Also, Ganguly's few boundaries and sixers were always preceded by plenty of dot balls and also dot balls after the boundaries. This proves what he did to the momentum of the innings. 8. If we are to assume that Ganguly's game plan was a winning one, then according to his game plan to win by scoring 318 in 50 overs, he would score at around 4 runs an over personally all through and batsmen at the other end had to score at 8 runs per over ? This is what happened he played out 19 overs all by himself for his 84 and that meant batsmen at the other end were required to get 234 in the other 31 overs. How is that fair and even possible ? With all that the runs scored off the other 31 overs were 215, and India lost eventually by 18 runs. Is this due to bad batting after Ganguly or bad batting by Ganguly ? 9. If setting up the team to a winning position was the goal, then Ganguly playing for the first 35 overs to take India to 200 meant that 118 were required off 15 overs, and this is clearly a huge task, an hardly a winning platform, leaving no time for incoming batsmen to get the remaining runs at 8.5 runs per over. 10. To sum up, the entire primary argument on Ganguly's behalf " I will play as long as I want and score at 4 runs per over well below run a ball, because I am anchoring the innings, but all others need to score at 8 runs per over because they need to win the match and if we don't win, my job is done and they are to blame, and if they do win it by brilliant batting I was the one who set it up", is thoroughly despicaple, disgusting and doesn't wash with any cricket fan who will want India to win. This defines precisely what the original post in the "selfish versus selfless" thread beautifully set out. This, then was the game I saw yesterday, and as it is somewhat apparent that you missed this match, and were watching Ganguly's own match, I suggest you watch the replays to know how he batted and why we lost. I think this post is pretty much what I would say for all the topics/threads analysing India's defeat ( as far as batting alone goes) and the botched up run chase.