Pakistan - Assembly line of FAST bowlers

Gambit

New ball has been taken. And hello?! it will be Kaneria who will make use of it. Asif is out to a elbow injury and Gul, i guess, will bowl from the other end. Its not Gul but Rehman who shares the new ball. Osman, our man at the ground, confirms that Gul is on the field :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

what a horrible show by asian giants... They seem to work as a unit in loosing to white teams.
SL lost to England :hysterical: Pak getting whooped by RSA :laugh: India getting annihilated by Australia :cantstop: The funny thing is, all Asian teams are playing at HOME!

Anyway, I'll use this thread to post this news: Shoaib handed fine and 13-match ban Cricinfo staff October 11, 2007 spacer.gif314017.jpg?alt=1 A hefty fine and a 13-match ban for Shoaib © AFP Shoaib Akhtar has been handed a 13-match ban and a fine of approximately US$57,000 for a number of breaches of discipline, including his spat with Mohammad Asif in South Africa. He has also been placed on a two-year probationary period during which any disciplinary breaches could result in a life ban. A three-man disciplinary committee of the board announced the results of their investigations in to four separate charges against Shoaib. The most serious of the charges was the fight with Asif, but others included playing a charity match without authorisation, making statements to the press about last year's doping case and holding an unauthorised press conference in Pakistan about the incident with Asif, which saw him sent back from Johannesburg. The ban, however, includes the seven matches already played at the ICC World Twenty20 and the two Tests against South Africa. Effectively, it means he will be available for the last ODI against South Africa but more realistically, the tour to India. "We have decided to ban Shoaib for 13 international matches," said Shafqat Naghmi, the Pakistan board's chief operating officer. "These include Tests, ODIs and Twenty20 matches. We have upheld the five-match ban given to him by Talat Ali in South Africa [for hitting Asif] and given him an eight-match ban on top of that. We have also fined him Rs3.4 million. The match-ban will run consecutively." As well as deducting disciplinary points [a component in deciding central contracts] Naghmi added that Shoaib is now on probation and any breach of contract or disciplinary issues could result in a life ban over the next two years. Shoaib, who was present at the press conference, has the right to appeal but said he was eager to put the matter behind him now. "I have apologised to Asif, my team-mates, the country. It was a nightmare for me and something that happened in the heat of the moment. I have suffered enough in the last four weeks. "I want to put this matter behind me now and focus on cricket. I want to thank the board for considering this matter carefully. I will pay what penalties I have to but I want to get ready for India now." The decision to select Shoaib for the India tour, to begin from November 1, or the final ODI against South Africa, will be left to the selectors now.

That's exactly the point' date=' MP. What happened to your "assembly line of fast bowlers?"[/quote'] this isn't the first time this has happened, back in 97 M Zahid got injured and Saleem malik opened the bowling. Now are you going to tell me that the PAK attack in 97 was weak? Having said all of that i think the management in case of injuries the mangement should be willing to give one of the youngsters a chance...perhaps A Ayub, J Ahmed(guys from the U19 team that blew IND away for 73) or Najaf Shah who has been performing quie well at the domestic level.

Quite frankly it does make you wonder what happened to Pakistani fast bowling resources. They have always had exceptional pace bowlers right from the days of Fazal Mehmood and Khan Mohammed. It is indeed painful to see them going back to Akhtar and reading how Shabeer is ready to make a comeback. I wonder if growth LOI had anything to do with it. As it is you see more bits and bobs cricketers like Afridi, Hafeez, Malik, Razzak in Pakistan than a Waqar or a Wasim these days. xx

Quite frankly it does make you wonder what happened to Pakistani fast bowling resources. They have always had exceptional pace bowlers right from the days of Fazal Mehmood and Khan Mohammed. It is indeed painful to see them going back to Akhtar and reading how Shabeer is ready to make a comeback. I wonder if growth LOI had anything to do with it. As it is you see more bits and bobs cricketers like Afridi, Hafeez, Malik, Razzak in Pakistan than a Waqar or a Wasim these days. xx
that's the reason for the lack of genuinely quick bowlers like Shoaib, Zahid, Waqar or Wasim. Unfortunately it seems that the whole world(with the exception of AUS) is moving towards a "line and length" culture and ironically enough the greatest line and length bowler ever came from AUS.
that's the reason for the lack of genuinely quick bowlers like Shoaib, Zahid, Waqar or Wasim. Unfortunately it seems that the whole world(with the exception of AUS) is moving towards a "line and length" culture and ironically enough the greatest line and length bowler ever came from AUS.
MP....India is gradually producing better fast bowlers in both quality as well as quantity wise...This is the primary reason for India winning test matches in post 2000. Having a super quick like Shoab, Lee etc. is an asset but if people can swing at a brisk pace (High 130s or in 140s), then one can have a good bowling attack
MP....India is gradually producing better fast bowlers in both quality as well as quantity wise...This is the primary reason for India winning test matches in post 2000. Having a super quick like Shoab' date=' Lee etc. is [b']an asset but if people can swing at a brisk pace (High 130s or in 140s), then one can have a good bowling attack
140s is good but in IND and PAK conditions aren't always ideal for conventional swing so bowling in the early 130s won't get you any where.
140s is good but in IND and PAK conditions aren't always ideal for conventional swing so bowling in the early 130s won't get you any where.
To win in India or Pak conditions, you need quality spinners or express fast. At this time, except for Shoaib/Kumble, both the teams lack bowlers to bowl in these conditions! Eng/SA/Aus play spin much better than they were doing in 90s...So, life is going to be difficult for India, Pakistan unless they find match winning spinners (not the Kanerias and Harbhajans in their current form)
SL lost to England :hysterical: Pak getting whooped by RSA :laugh: India getting annihilated by Australia :cantstop: The funny thing is, all Asian teams are playing at HOME!
their problems, their technical setbacks, etc. are the same so they are getting exploited by the opposition bowlers in more or less the same manner...their loss of interest in the game and for the cause of nation may be one of the main reasons...may be they went into comfort zone over their places in the teams and over their market value in ad-world and other business fields...or may be they have got more than what they wanted... *** I like the claim of Asian teams...if things are discussed then mutually these teams can become strong...provided they keep their prejudices aside...specially to over power these white skins...on the other hand they can have healthy competitions among themselves... I know it sounds like a dream or my over-expectation contrastive to the reality but, I think formation of ICL and IPL will the play the role of initiator for this...I pray for this dream to come true...:pray:

all the asian teams have somehow conspired to lose the series at home...pakistan has been outplayed by south africa, srilanka beaten by an inspired england and india on their way to series defeat...mind u this is a bilateral series but when it comes to big tournaments like the world cup ,it is always 1out these 3 asian teams + australia that makes it to the finals and it has been the case since 1992 world cup...goes to show that teams like SA or england either dont have the flair/flamboyance associated with the asian teams or dont have the B@#@S when the kitechen gets hot,...:cantstop: