Indian Cricketers are tired!

head coach

I dont agree , India plays as much or as little cricket as any other nation. The problem is not with the scheduling , but with the players. If you have de-motivated and jaded players, they will look tired, irrespective of how many games we play.

I dont agree ' date=' India plays as much or as little cricket as any other nation. The problem is not with the scheduling , but with the players. If you have de-motivated and jaded players, they will look tired, irrespective of how many games we play.[/quote'] Paisa...yes, their earnings beyond their imagination made them content ... either they must respectfully accept this and quit cricket or they should develop more hunger for achievements in money, fame and cricket...!
Indians are not winning because they are tired and don't have the energy to play at the intensity level Aussies play. If BCCI continues with this non-stop cricket then we are bound to see more failures than wins!
Not sure if the players have become tired but I personally have certainly become tired of talking about them :wilted_rose:
just when they find tenants for one flat' date= they get another one to rent. must be tired.
LOL! The govts do keep them busy that way, and then they have to go for all the Ad shoot outs, talk about bottled water, hero hondas etc. Soon, the fans will be tired of the cricketers :D
I dont agree ' date=' India plays as much or as little cricket as any other nation. The problem is not with the scheduling , but with the players. If you have de-motivated and jaded players, they will look tired, irrespective of how many games we play.[/quote'] Incorrect. We play atleast 30% more cricket than any other team says a recent TOI report. I'll try and get you the link.
Incorrect. We play atleast 30% more cricket than any other team says a recent TOI report. I'll try and get you the link.
Maris' date=' India plays more cricket than ANY other nation once you count in the deluge of ODIs India plays.[/quote'] It seems as though India plays a lot because we follow our team closely. I am pretty sure teams like SL , Saffies play as much as us.
It seems as though India plays a lot because we follow our team closely. I am pretty sure teams like SL , Saffies play as much as us.
No. Go to ICC website and download the 4 year Future Schedule- you will see amply that India plays by far the most cricket matches of all - Aussies play more tests than us but we play a $hitload more ODIs than the Aussies do. SL is one of the lesser active sides of the major teams, along with NZ and WI.
No. Go to ICC website and download the 4 year Future Schedule- you will see amply that India plays by far the most cricket matches of all - Aussies play more tests than us but we play a more ODIs than the Aussies do. SL is one of the lesser active sides of the major teams, along with NZ and WI.
Test runs for 2007 ..... :dance:

KP Pietersen (Eng)    8    15    0    881
JH Kallis (SA)    6    11    2    672
AN Cook (Eng)    8    15    0    645
PD Collingwood     8    15    1    600
KD Karthik (India)    6    11    1    571
[B]SR Tendulkar     6    11    1    560[/B]
MP Vaughan (Eng)    6    11    1    546
IR Bell (Eng)    8    14    1    516
SC Ganguly (India)    6    11    1    489
AG Prince (SA)    6    10    2    448
S Chanderpaul (WI)    3    5    2    446
W Jaffer (India)    6    11    1    441
AJ Strauss (Eng)    8    15    0    432
GC Smith (SA)    6    11    0    429
KC Sangakkara (SL)    3    3    2    428
MJ Prior (Eng)    7    12    2    397
R Dravid (India)    6    11    1    394
Younis Khan (Pak)    5    8    1    358

:finger:
And for those few "Simpletons" who think Test matches are for Cows ... here are the ODI numbers for 2007
       Player    Mat    Inns    NO    Runs
ML Hayden (Aus)    28    27    3    1526
DPMD Jayawardene  30    29    2    1089
SC Ganguly     25    23    2    1065
PD Collingwood     31    30    6    1062
IR Bell (Eng)    31    31    1    1044
RT Ponting (Aus)    21    19    3    1038
[B]SR Tendulkar-India 25    24    2    1026[/B]
Yuvraj Singh    28    25    4    993
AB de Villiers     25    24    3    939
MJ Clarke (Aus)    25    22    5    926
MS Dhoni      29    25    7    883
JH Kallis (SA)    19    16    6    817
R Dravid (India)    29    25    5    816
ST Jayasuriya     29    28    2    806
KP Pietersen (Eng)    23    23    3    798
GC Smith (SA)    18    17    2    756
S Chanderpaul (WI)    17    15    4    746
LPC Silva (SL)    21    20    3    738
AC Gilchrist (Aus)    25    25    1    734
PG Fulton (NZ)    21    20    2    693
SP Fleming (NZ)    23    22    2    669
KC Sangakkara (SL)    24    23    1    663
WU Tharanga     27    26    0    634
A Symonds (Aus)    20    17    6    621

Looking at these numbers , this year , the saffes and the english have played as much as us..
Looking at these numbers , this year , the saffes and the english have played as much as us..
The year is not complete !!! We have 7 more tests to go for this year ! Why do you argue when i am stating you as a FACT that India plays more cricket than any other team on the average ? Please go check the site i told you and you will find out for yourself.

And anyway , we should first decide how much is too much ? Considering India plays 35 ODIs and 10-11 test matches in a year , that is just 78-80 days of cricket played per year ( Considering 6/10 test matches end in 4 days) Most professional sporting seasons , be it tennis , NBA , or NFL extend for more time than that.

Besides , its a bit strange people are complaining we are playing too much cricket now. Our 2005/2006 season , which was one of our more successful seasons , we played more than 35 one-dayers and 11 test matches, no one was complaining of too much cricket.

Our 2005/2006 season , which was one of our more successful seasons , we played more than 35 one-dayers and 11 test matches, no one was complaining of too much cricket.
A one-off hard year after a couple of low key years ( 2003 was a low key year for Indian cricket) is managable. But playing 11-12 tests and 35-40 ODIs for 2-3 years running ( our this year is pretty packed, like last year was and 2008 is even more packed) is most definitely overkill and adding up the burn-out factor. its not like 1 year of jampacked cricket is the same as 2-3 yrs of jampacked cricket!
A one-off hard year after a couple of low key years ( 2003 was a low key year for Indian cricket) is managable. But playing 11-12 tests and 35-40 ODIs for 2-3 years running ( our this year is pretty packed, like last year was and 2008 is even more packed) is most definitely overkill and adding up the burn-out factor. its not like 1 year of jampacked cricket is the same as 2-3 yrs of jampacked cricket!
Again , how much is too much ? Is playing 78-80 days cricket every year too much ?
Again ' date=' how much is too much ? Is playing 78-80 days cricket every year too much ?[/quote'] You can't look at it in isolation. You have to compare not with other sports, but with other teams playing the same sport. And it's not only the cricket playing days but the hectic traveling which comes along with it, specially in a huge country like India with venues all over the place which needs to be factored in.