Frankly reply all senior haters

Cricketics

Thought the seniors played more than their share even in the last ODI series and the one against SAF. And again the duo of the trio have been playing better than anyone else even in this series. Of course these things don't matter for some people just blinded by youth fever.

I'm all for resting these three batsmen for next 6 ODIs. Let India find two competent openers, let Badri come in place of Dravid in the MO, let Yuvraj be the senior most batsman and let him take the maximum responsibility. Rest Zaheer Khan also, so that he prepares for the two test series coming, and let the other bowlers take the responsibility. In other words, I want the T20 team for the next 6 ODIs. The last game at Mumbai should be a no pressure game and Pakistanis are not exactly like the wolves from whom we should protect our youngsters. It is extremely important for India's future, but remember the seniors. That is what I'd expect.

I'm all for resting these three batsmen for next 6 ODIs. Let India find two competent openers, let Badri come in place of Dravid in the MO, let Yuvraj be the senior most batsman and let him take the maximum responsibility.
We cant send a space shuttle to Mars to find our openers. :DThey exist right here. We must try them! And what wrong did Rohit do to not play ahead of Dravid the middle order. Am sure he can average more than 10
Rest Zaheer Khan also, so that he prepares for the two test series coming, and let the other bowlers take the responsibility. In other words, I want the T20 team for the next 6 ODIs. The last game at Mumbai should be a no pressure game and Pakistanis are not exactly like the wolves from whom we should protect our youngsters. It is extremely important for India's future, but remember the seniors. That is what I'd expect.
Now thats a reasonable statement. One i agree with. One thats the polar opposite of chest thumping claims on what the senior blokes have done recently. But in India seniors dont go out gracefully, they need to be pushed out. I wouldnt think twice about having them in the team, if they keep winning. They neither win nor offer any hopes for a win. How many of you think that we'll qualify for the finals of the triangular tourney in Australia and sneak a win (with another game running the Aussies close) in the best of 3 finals ?
Only youngster to have gotten a decent chance has been Uthappa and he has done well. And if a youngster fails (by whatever standard)' date=' there are others to try. Doesn't mean we have to go back to our losing formula.[/quote'] Done well? As a late overs slogger, yes but whenever he has been sent in an innings building role he has flopped miserably. BTW, I am all for trying youngsters but to back it up with reasons of non performance is utter rot.
the way we won 2020 world cup, all had started saying "remove the seniors from odi team and place all juniors" today seeing yuvi failed, paste games some other youngsters failed.. no one went on to create threads on them??? whats this anti biase against Indian senior players.. i mean this guy has scored about 15,000 runs and continues to score and ppl want to drop him... scoring well enough in this series.. yet ppl want to continue their crap.. whats all this anti-bias.. other senior folkz of this forum contribution in this thread important..
Easy there Gambo. For starters I am not sure if you realize the difference between critic and hater. The two are not the same you know. Coming back to seniors issue now. Lets get realistic here, the seniors(or atleast couple of them) played well and so what was the end result? Did we win the series on a canter? Heck did we win the series at all? Nope. The end result right now is 4-1, 4 for Australia 1 for India so we are essentially coming second best in this two-horse race. The next criticism is of the young lot. With the seniors India is ranked 6th in LOI(actually India and England both have same points but India has 6th rank with England 7th). Now how prudent is it to expect a Team India with newbies to beat the number 1 ranked country in the world when a team filled with, "The-greatest-Indian-batsman" / "The-Wall" / "On-the-off-there-is-God-then-Ganguly". is ranked 6th and has been so for the past few years now. Lets get real all these senior strokeplay is just that, strokeplay. It is high time we start winning something of importance for a change. xxx
errr Yoda ... isnt Dhoni a "Yengster" isnt Powar an "yengster" isnt "Yuvraj" a yoengster or did he become a oldie at the grand old age of 25? Same with SS' date='Munaf and RP ... out of all those only RP has stood out well above the rest .[/quote'] Let's stick to batsmen here. We've always had issues finding decent bowlers. There is no point discussing guys like Dhoni and Yuvraj. They are the nucleus of the future ODI team. Their roles are majorly impacted with the three seniors in the rotation. Remove them and these guys will start taking responsibility. With Ganguly hogging all the top overs and with Dravid randomly placed after, guys like Yuvraj and Dhoni aren't probably sure what exactly their own role is. Anakin, Raina showed a lot of promise. He definitely needs a longer rope. Gambhir is a mystery. He plays well and then fails. May be time to bring Sehwag back in place of Gambhir. Still a better option, IMO than Ganguly. shwetabh, uthappa's role is becoming clearer now. He should come down the order and not at the top.
There is no point discussing guys like Dhoni and Yuvraj. They are the nucleus of the future ODI team. Their roles are majorly impacted with the three seniors in the rotation. Remove them and these guys will start taking responsibility. With Ganguly hogging all the top overs and with Dravid randomly placed after, guys like Yuvraj and Dhoni aren't probably sure what exactly their own role is.
Right on. It is 100% BS to criticize Dhoni(or Yuvraj) for current issues. Look at it this way how exactly was SRT different to Dhoni at the same stage of their career(90 LOI games)? The last time I checked Dhoni has about 9 runs per games more than SRT did in 90 LOI. It is prudent to remember that SRT came into his own when he was pushed up the ladder, given more responsibility and beleif by the team. It is strange why after a dozen years he himself has forgotten all that and continues to occupy the top slot as he does, even saying openly that he liked to bat at the top of the order. xxx