Frankly reply all senior haters

Cricketics

the way we won 2020 world cup, all had started saying "remove the seniors from odi team and place all juniors" today seeing yuvi failed, paste games some other youngsters failed.. no one went on to create threads on them??? whats this anti biase against Indian senior players.. i mean this guy has scored about 15,000 runs and continues to score and ppl want to drop him... scoring well enough in this series.. yet ppl want to continue their crap.. whats all this anti-bias.. other senior folkz of this forum contribution in this thread important..

Guest HariSampath

Th reason no one is blaming Yuvi or any others is that the atrocious play of Ganguly had already boosted the ReqR to over 8 and by then even Dravid had pottered around doing nothing, these two killed the game at crucial stages...... NO DONT event mention Ganguly ot 80 off 111, he can just shove it up. All through the match everyones opinion, expectation here on the MB threads as well as elsewhere was that the pitch was easy, no help for their pacers, small ground, lightning fast outfield, and so the opening pair should have got a 15 overs 120 start if we are to make a chase for winning. Already the req rate at the start was 6,3 and it kept climbing. Ganguly choked the momentum at the top by hitting odd boundaries, playing so many dot balls and not even taking runs and giving strike to Sachin. Sachin tried his best really and today his batting was very close to team needs, he was scoring at run a ball. In fact Ganguly's slow batting was hidden due to Sachin managing to keep team runrate at 5.5, but even that was not enough and enormous pressure built up. There was no need for Ganguly to stay till the 36th over . Period, he should have hit out or gotten out earlier in the innings. For today's chase, a huge slower start was not the need, a start of 80 off 10 overs would have been far better And even at 187-1 at drinks , which was because Irfan was playing at Run a ball. All this helped ganguly escape notice, but everyone would think back and know what really killed our chase chances of 318. Had Ganguly got out earlier, Yuvi would have played himself for a few overs. Again, after Irfan' s dismissal, when Dravid and Gangul were at the wkt, here was the golden chance of the two rotten apples of the big 3 to win, what did they do ? NOTHING. Why did Dravid come in instead of Yuvi at this point. e all know that Dravid and ganguly are the worst pair to be playing together and when RR had climbed to nearly 8 why have this pair in, Yuvi should have come in, but it is clear that Dravid was given a "chance" to get some runs with more overs, unfortunately Mahi doesnt seem to be able to have authority in team selection and batting order. So, the reality is that we lost because we gave a big total, and even that was chaseable in these conditions, but 2 of the big 3 screwed it up big time. Period.

Th reason no one is blaming Yuvi or any others is that the atrocious play of Ganguly had already boosted the ReqR to over 8 and by then even Dravid had pottered around doing nothing, these two killed the game at crucial stages...... NO DONT event mention Ganguly ot 80 off 111, he can just shove it up.
What rubbish!! Did you even see the match? Did you see what Australia's scores were at those times when Ganguly was at the crease? They were about 15 runs behind us with 3 more wickets down. Still they went on to score a mammoth 317 runs. Why? Because their middle order stood up. Symonds was and has been like a pillar throughout this series which none of our MO batsman have even come near to it in terms od performance let alone emulating him! And you are thinking that Ganguly's ball consumption led to our failure??
1) symonds wasnt chasing so there was no target 2) symonds had time to play in so wht hari said is true
No. That is not true. It is that we lost our way in last 14 overs. Till then we were going fine. None of the MO batsmen took charge. Dravid at the best can hold one end up. The oother player at the end has to take charge. Yuvraj let the team down heavily here. That is the point! And before the chase, what on earth were our bowlers doing dishing out all the garbage stugg which Symonds easily dispatched in the crowds? Did you see that 49th over bowled by Sree?? Where were the yorkers?? Why and how can you feed the big hitters with the half volleys at that stage?? Bowling has been truly woeful in this entire series.
Period.
:cantstop:
NO DONT event mention Ganguly ot 80 off 111' date=' he can just shove it up. [/quote'] ganguly made 50 off 68 balls . and sachin was playing at that time so he made the last 36 runs off 43 balls .... and that includes overs with sachin and the whole gangu- pathan partnership the req run rate was well in control till then .. so how exactly did ganguly cost us the game ... only thing is that he didnt finish it off after getting us to a good position ... neither did tendulkar .. u're clearly deluded so stfu :finger:

Why should the openers finish the games off?? They are there to provide as good a platform as they can on which MO batsmen have to capitalise. Pathan did his job. But Dravid and especially Yuvraj failed badly. That was the problem, apart from the woeful bowling, average ground-fielding and dropped catches!!

yup , bad bowling , dropped catches and the middle order ... thats what cost us the game. noone in their right minds can blame ganguly , it was a very good innings , would've been a great innings had he stayed till the end and won it .. cant believe some ppl actually blame him for the loss

Yuvraj/Dhoni/Dravid were pretty poor. Dhoni even though it shows that he put some runs was struggling and barely getting singles when the less experienced Uthappa was finding the gaps and boundaries with ease. Yuvraj never settled down. Dravid well was being the Dravid of these days, trying a wimpy lofted shot straight to the fielder.

Those slagging off Ganguly, here is what I found a terrific analysis from another fan on Prem's site: let’s get some facts straight here before doing the knee-jerk obvious - i.e. blame Ganguly (reminds me of Robin Williams’ hilarious routine called “blame Canada” - SG bashing has reached similar ridiculous levels). SG got out at a score of 203, in over no. 36.1 - which means at that stage India had to score 115 in 14 overs, at 8.2 runs an over with 7 wkts in hand. Chasing a score of 300+, no team can be in a better position than that. Here’s the kicker: between overs 36-42, India scored a total of 19 runs in 7 overs, at a princely rate of 2.71. And SG - with all his geriatric running, selfishness and what not - was not around that entire period to share in the blame. How many balls did the SG-RD partnership waste? They batted together for exactly 2.1 overs, and scored 14 runs. Somehow people on this forum seem to think that these 14 runs scored at around 7 per over lost the match for India - bizarre! Before that, Ganguly-Pathan scored 49 over 8 overs. A game is about partnerships, and somehow as long as SG was around, the partnerships seemed to be doing quite well even if he wasn’t running around like a cat on hot bricks. Someone has the nerve to suggest that SG should have gotten out earlier to allow RD and YS to “settle down”. Well if they had more time to “settle”, should we have expected 38 runs off 14 overs, instead of the 19 off 7? I did see every ball of the match, and to me the few overs after SG got out changed the complexion of the match. However, I am not willing to “blame” Yuvi and Drvaid outright, since I saw a few things. First, Hogg wasn’t picked by anyone other than SRT and SG, and he was a handful for any new batsman. Second, Aussies had done their homework on Yuvi well and rattled him with short-pitched balls bowled at varying pace. That said, it is a game after all, often just a matter of a few inches here and there. On his day, Yuvi wouldn’t have missed the full toss trying to sweep. Third, after Yuvi got out, Dravid was too out of sorts, and Dhoni was mistiming badly for at least 2 overs. But again, timing the ball against the spinners wasn’t easy. To me, the greatness of SRT and SG - to a lesser extent - was even more obvious when one saw how the batsmen after them played. Yes SG plays dot balls - always has - and towards the end got too tired to run. People have their weaknesses, and unless one finds the elusive bionic man with none - or at least someone with the skill to score serious runs opening and run like a hare in 95 deg heat for 3 hrs - we have to make do with our flawed openers. justafan on 10/14 at 05:04 PM --------------------------------------------------------- This is a very good analysis and should answer many questions from people who followed the match on net! I just wonder how can anyone blame a batsman who scored in 80s!

The one thing i definitely blame Ganguly for is - His SR seems to be the same the same irrespective of the target. Even if we chase 220 against Ireland , he scored 70 odd at a SR of 75 and even if we are chasing 320 , his SR is still 75. That simply not acceptable. When you do that, you really put the numbers against the favor of the incoming batsman. They have to essentially do a LOT ( chase when reqd RR is 10) without losing their wicket. That is very hard. Agreed , a good start is important when chasing a big total , but whats the point if you leave the lower order with too much to do ?

Just read that analysis and Vasu's article to see how much they were left with after Ganguly left. Read the whole analysis' date=' and you'll get the picture MM.[/quote']
As Chandan pointed uout in her post' date=' we lost the game due to our inept middle order. Show me a period of 7, yes SEVEN overs when Australia went at 2 RPO, even more criminal that those overs were partially slog overs!!!![/quote'] Chandan , i did read the article , as i did read that article posted by that fan in Prem's blog. The thing is, in any run-chase there will be periods when the batting team will flounder ( be the fall of wickets or a good bowler in spell etc) , which is why the opening partnership should give enough momentum to the innings to kinda cover up for the later lapses. As far as this match is concerned , the opening partnership of 140 in 25 overs chasing 318 is OK . but surely Ganguly cant play in a single mode irrespective of the total. He is just leaving the lower order with too much to do. One mistake from then on and the game is over for us.
The thing is, in any run-chase there will be periods when the batting team will flounder ( be the fall of wickets or a good bowler in spell etc) , which is why the opening partnership should give enough momentum to the innings to kinda cover up for the later lapses.
You completely skirted the question, Sriram. Point me to a SEVEN over period where the Aussies went at 2 RPO, and that too almost in the slog overs. That is where we lost the match. If we had scored at a reasonable 5-6 RPO rate during the period we would have won. Plain and simple.

He played as well as he could, MM. Yes he could have taken a few 2s instead of singles, but he was tired till then. Aussies were bowling terrifically and fielding unbelievably. Also read the Hogg factor. Earlier on even Ganguly couldn't read him. But when he understood his bowling he dealt with him severely. I do not think we can blame Ganguly at any stage!

You completely skirted the question' date=' Sriram. Point me to a SEVEN over period where the Aussies went at 2 RPO, and that too almost in the slog overs. That is where we lost the match. If we had scored at a reasonable 5-6 RPO rate during the period we would have won. Plain and simple.[/quote'] Shwetabh, ofcourse that period cost us badly, but rarely in a mammoth run chase will the team batting second will have it easy all through. I didnt see the indian innings, so i am just speaking from the scoreboard, but yes , that 7 over period is probably what cost us the match.

SG & SRTdid their job perfectly. SG inspite of his known limitations (in not picking up enough singles) took us as far as he can take us. IMO, Dravid's promotion when the ask was close to 7.5 RPO, given his horrible run in the series so far, was bizarre. He couldnt hit the big shots when Ganguly was tiring & kept giving the strike back to him. When Yuvraj just came in, I expected Dravid to up the ante. Instead he kept getting singles & gave the strike back to Yuvraj. We lost the game, when we upped the reqd rate from 7.5 range to about 10 & lost 2 quick wickets. From there, the ask was always too steep.