Frankly reply all senior haters

Cricketics

Pick only two seniors and rest the other one every other game. ideally i want the sourav+sachin combo to continue opening for us. i dont trust someone like gambhir who throws away his wicket in odis. although he's quite decent as a middle order batsman. maybe dhoni or uthappa should open when sourav/sachin is rested...

I dont understand why you people are putting all 3 seniors in same category... SRT played gem of an inning and he was our top batter in this series.. whereas RD played worst series of his career and SG played innings that are unacceptable in current ODI standards..

So what have the "yengsters" done in this ODI series and the last 2 ..... did anybody bother to explain that or it doesnt matter ... ?
1) Thats a rhetorical qn, one that merely deflects the attention from the lack of results from the oldies. Besides, it makes no sense to keep losing with the oldies. I'd rather lose with the juniors, atleast in the process unearth a player or two for the future. 2) We deserved the failures for backing Raina and Kaif. No yengster deserves the backing Kaif got (5 year run), with that little to show for. Between Uthappa, Rohit, Tiwary, Gambhir we must groom atleast 2 youngsters for the future. 3) Look at the no. of new bowlers we have unearthed by giving opportunities for juniors. In Ganguly's era, we hardly looked beyond Zaheer, Bhajji or Nehra, unless they were hit with injuries. Performance was never a criteria for Zaheer, Bhajji or Nehra to play. Whenever they were fit, they were picked. Two years later, our pace battery comprises of RP Singh, Sreesanth, Munaf, besides Zaheer and we have Powar, Chawla pushing for Bhajji's spot. How did we unearth these bowlers ? were they all successful strikers the first couple of times they played ? It takes time to groom players. The earlier we invest in them the better. Its sickens me to see a Dravid (who averages little more than 10), play ahead of Rohit, who didnt put a foot wrong, in the limited opportunities he has gotten.
I can't even think of taking this discussion further if your logic is that Dravid's presence prevented Yuvraj from scoring.
I am talking about the impossible task handed down to Dhoni and Uthappa by the collective failure of all those who batted above which included 3 Seniors and 0 Juniors (Yuvraj and Irfan don't count as Junior or Senior).
I am talking about the impossible task handed down to Dhoni and Uthappa by the collective failure of all those who batted above which included 3 Seniors and 0 Juniors (Yuvraj and Irfan don't count as Junior or Senior).
sorry.. but yuvi and irfan are part of young brigade.. you fooling yourself if you call them seniors.. and bottomline is wheather it was those 3 seniors at fault or not....
sorry.. but yuvi and irfan are part of young brigade.. you fooling yourself if you call them seniors.. and bottomline is wheather it was those 3 seniors at fault or not....
Other than RD how can you blame SRT or SCG in that match? RD's been having a torrid time and we all know that.
Strange to see how quickly senior-fans are jumping to criticize youngsters. 1) Yuvraj Singh in his last 50 LOI has been India's MVP in LOI games. Period. Case closed. If you dont know that I suggest you check the numbers. And if you beleive in stats Yuvraj averages 45 as against 41 for the top senior. Not to mention that Yuvraj actually bats down the order unlike the seniors who insist in playing in top slot. 2) Dhoni who has played only 90 LOI yet averages a good 9 runs plus per innings compared to SRT(when he has played 90 LOI) and I am pretty sure at a higher SR too. Ah and he also bats down the order. 3) Pathan till 20/20 was actually out of the team, he is back now and his main role is that of a bowler. His 29 in 29 deliveries is a big bonus. What were you expcting Veer? A 50 off 35 against the World Champion team by Irfan Pathan? xxxx
A reasonable ask of 120 from 15 overs was made difficult through brain dead batting of Yuvraj and Dravid. Why should anyone else cop the blame?
Bottom line is it is another series lost. Do you want to keep losing series (and do nothing) or make drastic changes (and keep losing or may be start winning for a change)? This opening partnership of 100 after 20 overs seems like is not enough. It appears that we will be better off with a 60-70 after 7 or 8 overs with powerplay on.
Yeah, but who do you have in mind that will give us 10 RPO starts? BTW, as I've said, I am all for change. But saying change is required because seniors are not performing is not exactly correct.
Not 10 absolute. 7.5 - 10. I would bring back Sehwag and try him with SRT. May be even try KKD with Sehwag when we rest SRT. May be look for other young dashing openers from FC like may be A. Srikkanth. Add Y. Pathan to that list.