Series Averages :

Guest BossBhai

tendulkar's series average is less than his career average, he didnt perform upto his mark................. drop him ? :alienbooty::embaressed_smile::canabis:

It is absolutely disgraceful how we deride our own players and can't stick to him and back him through his tough period or lean phase!! Please guys, learn to respect these players who've dedicated their best period of life to the game. Please!!

tendulkar's series average is less than his career average, he didnt perform upto his mark................. drop him ? :alienbooty::embaressed_smile::canabis:
Yes. Let us do it?:wtg: :wink_smile:

Very true Ravi, But it also reflects where the other batsmen are who are supposed to take over from the declining seniors. Where are they?? Where did they stand up? How can we say that these batsmen are more capable than these aging batsmen? I suppose the point of the stats posting was just that. Obviously only one person can NEVER win a match for you in cricket which is a team game. But the others have simply refused to stand up against the Aussies. The condition is worrying for India.

Stats, as with anything, doesnt mean squat when taken out of context. I would argue that gangulys innings lost us the game the other day. But he still scored a lot of runs at a healthy SR, on an average. But when chasing 320 on that pitch, anything less than 100 SR was gonna put a lot of pressure on the rest of the batting line up. It was those 20 balls that he wasted, that cost us the game. Ok, one of the reason. Pathetic bowling, 5 man batting line up,fielding etc added to it too.

Very true Ravi, But it also reflects where the other batsmen are who are supposed to take over from the declining seniors. Where are they?? Where did they stand up? How can we say that these batsmen are more capable than these aging batsmen? I suppose the point of the stats posting was just that. Obviously only one person can NEVER win a match for you in cricket which is a team game. But the others have simply refused to stand up against the Aussies. The condition is worrying for India.
Absolutely, no way a single good batsman can win a game in cricket. You need a mix of bowlers and batsman to do the job in cricket. I agree to certain extent the young ones may not have stepped into the shoes of senior cricketers as well as we like but there sure is potential. None thought Uthappa or Karthik were good enough but they are proving to be quite good. Karthik has had a fantastic test returns so far and Uthappa has shown what can be achieved with positive outlook. I see potential in Rohit Sharma and Gambhir. Although I won't drop any of Rahul, Ganguly or Tendulkar, I expect them not to play the next ODI now that the series is off. Still I'm quite sure they will play the last ODI. I hope they all take a break from the last ODI and let the young ones experience the pressure of playing Australia. Small steps in introducing young blood will go a long way in establishing a good ODI team. Australia has done is successfully by rotation policy and I suppose that will work for India as well. There is potential in the young ones but to realize that they have to figure frequently in the team. No doubt Tendulkar, Ganguly and Rahul will continue to churn runs away in the long run but you can't sit pretty hoping them to play for ever. Slowy but surely the younger ones need to be slotted in the team.
Absolutely' date=' no way a single good batsman can win a game in cricket. You need a mix of bowlers and batsman to do the job in cricket. I agree to certain extent the young ones may not have stepped into the shoes of senior cricketers as well as we like but there sure is potential. None thought Uthappa or Karthik were good enough but they are proving to be quite good. Karthik has had a fantastic test returns so far and Uthappa has shown what can be achieved with positive outlook. I see potential in Rohit Sharma and Gambhir. Although I won't drop any of Rahul, Ganguly or Tendulkar, I expect them not to play the next ODI now that the series is off. Still I'm quite sure they will play the last ODI. I hope they all take a break from the last ODI and let the young ones experience the pressure of playing Australia. Small steps in introducing young blood will go a long way in establishing a good ODI team. Australia has done is successfully by rotation policy and I suppose that will work for India as well. There is potential in the young ones but to realize that they have to figure frequently in the team. No doubt Tendulkar, Ganguly and Rahul will continue to churn runs away in the long run but you can't sit pretty hoping them to play for ever. Slowy but surely the younger ones need to be slotted in the team.[/quote'] I hope they do but where is the so called 'rotation' policy from our selectors that they were so much trumpeting ahead of the series? They should have only played 2 of the 3 seniors in any match - mix & match but asl no.:confused_smile: